IGNORED

Another Manager Moaning About Xmas Fixtures.

screech

And it's our own this time, I can understand it if we had 20 players to choose from but we have about 34 players on our books and that should be enough to field at least two teams.

Get on with it you bunch of mummys boys. Most of them if they are sensible may only need to work for 10 years in their lives and never need to work again, jeez pass me the bloody violin.

If you're not fit enough to play sit it out so one of the other 22 players can earn some money instead of being paid to sit on their arse.

And it's our own this time, I can understand it if we had 20 players to choose from but we have about 34 players on our books and that should be enough to field at least two teams.

Get on with it you bunch of mummys boys. Most of them if they are sensible may only need to work for 10 years in their lives and never need to work again, jeez pass me the bloody violin.

If you're not fit enough to play sit it out so one of the other 22 players can earn some money instead of being paid to sit on their arse.

Tend to agree with you. I doubt we would have heard a complaint had we picked up a few more points.

Just what i was thinking> Can't remember managers moaning, back in pre motorway days, with squads of 24. Just get on with it and start winning. It's always someone else's fault.

+1

This thread is HERESY

Well said.

Stop whinging Keith and get on with it you sound like Arsene Wenger.

You are in the entertainment business. There has always been a heavy fixture list over Christmas and New Year, there might just be a reason for that.

I think a few people on here are letting off a little steam and appear to be saying that the three recent bad results are his fault ! ?

It's funny really because you would have thought a manager who had all summer and preseason to bring in the right players would be able to at least field two teams with enough quality to win two matches in three days ..........oh hang on

This team has played with more fight than gj or coppell have been able to get in the last 12 months !

It's comical that the people on hear have said had we won are Xmas fixtures he wouldn't be moaning , but guess what neither would you!

Fickle !

Players are payed ridiculous amounts and you could almost say how dare they ever miss place a pass , bit I do draw the line at two matches in 3 days !

As a keen runner who has competed in many marathon I'd love to see some of you lot run two marathons in 3 days , doesn't matter if your paid or not the human body can only do so much !

As for putting out a strong enough side, we would all love a full preseason not only to train the players in the manner millen liked but to bring in the players that can do the job but he never had that did he !

Now we have to wait till jan get some deals done and ship out the wasters

I think a few people on here are letting off a little steam and appear to be saying that the three recent bad results are his fault ! ?

It's funny really because you would have thought a manager who had all summer and preseason to bring in the right players would be able to at least field two teams with enough quality to win two matches in three days ..........oh hang on

This team has played with more fight than gj or coppell have been able to get in the last 12 months !

It's comical that the people on hear have said had we won are Xmas fixtures he wouldn't be moaning , but guess what neither would you!

Fickle !

Players are payed ridiculous amounts and you could almost say how dare they ever miss place a pass , bit I do draw the line at two matches in 3 days !

As a keen runner who has competed in many marathon I'd love to see some of you lot run two marathons in 3 days , doesn't matter if your paid or not the human body can only do so much !

As for putting out a strong enough side, we would all love a full preseason not only to train the players in the manner millen liked but to bring in the players that can do the job but he never had that did he !

Well said.

Some couch potatoes don't understand how the human body works, in your younger days I did a couple of triathlons and some long distance running and it doesn't matter how much you training or how fit you are. You body needs time to recover.

Regardless of form, 2 games in 72 hours is a ridiculous situation and the only people it benefits is the money men and teams with massive squads of high quality, even arsenal with thier squad and managed a draw against Wigan,

We may have 34 pro's but with 7 players out, few more on loan and your fringe players are players like Stewart, Clarkson, Sproule, Hunt, joe Edwards, rotating the squad even further isn't really a option.

Bottom line is we are suffering a major injury crisis at a busy part of the season, if we can go the rest of the new year period unbeaten with our injuries I'll be delighted.

Fickle !

I do get puzzled when told a manager should get credit for good results but should take no responsibility for bad ones. He is either responsible for both or neither surely?

You are obviously pretty fit but I imagine not as fit as a professional footballer. Nor do they run 26 miles non-stop in 90 minutes. And how many consecutive marathons did Eddie Izzard run? :innocent06:

The other thing that puzzles me is hearing managers and players bragging how they are much fitter than players in the past but come over all fragile when the pressure's on. I get heartily sick of big name players (Gerrard comes to mind) being constantly rested because they are so allegedly tired. Most current players are probably too young to remember when teams played Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday. How on earth did they do it if they were apparently so unfit?

I'm not entirely sure Millens gripe is with the schedule per se despite the headline being "RIDICULOUS SCHEDULE HELPS NO ONE" I think his gripe is that we played 2 games in 4 days whereas Palace hadn't played since the 18th - this gave them far more time to be ready and they clearly looked less fatigued as a result.

Yet again the slightest and I mean the slightest criticism of Millen and the TKT (Teflon Keith Taliban) can find an excuse. He is totally beyond reproach and it is heresy to even suggest he may be sometimes get's things a little bit wrong or even says things some of us don't actually agree with and be too vocal and a jihad is declared against you, be warned.

I'm not entirely sure Millens gripe is with the schedule per se despite the headline being "RIDICULOUS SCHEDULE HELPS NO ONE" I think his gripe is that we played 2 games in 4 days whereas Palace hadn't played since the 18th - this gave them far more time to be ready and they clearly looked less fatigued as a result.

Palace not playing since the 18th is nothing to do with any schedule and everything to do with the weather. Perhaps if Millen was so concerned about the schedule then he should take a leaf out of the gas book of getting matches you actually don't to want play because of injuries, suspensions, until after the january window etc. postponed and told the groundsman not to bother to keep the pitch playable, it's worked for them over this tough schedule and I believe they play in the same city as us.

Palace not playing since the 18th is nothing to do with any schedule and everything to do with the weather. Perhaps if Millen was so concerned about the schedule then he should take a leaf out of the gas book of getting matches you actually don't to want play because of injuries, suspensions, until after the january window etc. postponed and told the groundsman not to bother to keep the pitch playable, it's worked for them over this tough schedule and I believe they play in the same city as us.

Palace not playing was down the weather over this congested period, I cant depute that but you must agree that we were not able to match Palaces tempo due to them not having played. If the game was played Saturday to Saturday then we would have had 6 days downtime to deal with injury's and fatigued muscles, we didn't, we had 1 day - Palace had 9 days. Are you saying that if you ran 2 marathons in 3 days you would get the same time on the second marathon as you did in the first?

We could take a leaf out of the gas book but the facts are that the bad weather was when we were away and the weather has been fine when we were playing at home. I would rather we didn't go down the road of trying to stretch the rules and we play the game and apply the rules they are supposed to be played but we haven't been given the opportunity to stretch them so that is beside the point

Yet again the slightest and I mean the slightest criticism of Millen and the TKT (Teflon Keith Taliban) can find an excuse. He is totally beyond reproach and it is heresy to even suggest he may be sometimes get's things a little bit wrong or even says things some of us don't actually agree with and be too vocal and a jihad is declared against you, be warned.

It's nothing to do with millen or our results, it's football in general in this country that is obsessed with playing a high amount of games over the Xmas/new year period, managers have been moaning about it for as lng as I can remember, regardless if it's Millen, Wilson, Ward, Osman or whoever. Millen is just jumping on the bandwagon and using it a excuse for lack of fitness and results.

As ever though you don't care about what is being said, no on is backing keith at all on this, its just you like to have a pop at anyone who has ever given Millen their support, you really are a dispicilable little person.

As fr the comment re Izzard, understand you point, but Watching many his interviews afterwards he was in serious pain afterwards as his body never had time to recover.

Personally, I'd love to see the winter break brought into football, even if it is only a weekend without games, the rest would help players at all levels., this whole 4 games is 8 days is a simply crazy situation, I do wonder if any teams have gone through the breaks on winning runs?

Palace not playing was down the weather over this congested period, I cant depute that but you must agree that we were not able to match Palaces tempo due to them not having played. If the game was played Saturday to Saturday then we would have had 6 days downtime to deal with injury's and fatigued muscles, we didn't, we had 1 day - Palace had 9 days. Are you saying that if you ran 2 marathons in 3 days you would get the same time on the second marathon as you did in the first?

We could take a leaf out of the gas book but the facts are that the bad weather was when we were away and the weather has been fine when we were playing at home. I would rather we didn't go down the road of trying to stretch the rules and we play the game and apply the rules they are supposed to be played but we haven't been given the opportunity to stretch them so that is beside the point

The christmas/new year schedule is also part of the rules and also part of what makes the english leagues so exciting and one of the reasons why football in the english leagues is revered the world over, life is not fair sometimes, this is just another excuse/smoke screen. I would have more respect for his comments had he said for instance "it's difficult especially with our current injury problems, but we can't use that as an excuse, we have to get on with it". The funny thing is you very rarely hear fans moaning about the christmas/new year schedule (unless their club is not doing very well).

It's nothing to do with millen or our results, it's football in general in this country that is obsessed with playing a high amount of games over the Xmas/new year period, managers have been moaning about it for as lng as I can remember, regardless if it's Millen, Wilson, Ward, Osman or whoever. Millen is just jumping on the bandwagon and using it a excuse for lack of fitness and results.

As ever though you don't care about what is being said, no on is backing keith at all on this, its just you like to have a pop at anyone who has ever given Millen their support, you really are a dispicilable little person.

As fr the comment re Izzard, understand you point, but Watching many his interviews afterwards he was in serious pain afterwards as his body never had time to recover.

Personally, I'd love to see the winter break brought into football, even if it is only a weekend without games, the rest would help players at all levels., this whole 4 games is 8 days is a simply crazy situation, I do wonder if any teams have gone through the breaks on winning runs?

The ignore button not working.

and the class grass now resorting to insults, tut tut.

The ignore button not working.

and the class grass now resulting to insults, tut tut.

If I'm getting insulted for no reason, I reserve the right to defend my view, especially against someone such as you.

As ever, you ignore the main point of a posting and Pick up on another excuse for pettiness, you really don't understand the nature of debating and as ever jump on any thread to use to make pathetic digs at people/posts.

Mods - seriously, i know i should just ignore these kind of posters and shouldn't bite, but threads are turning into constant slanging matches due to petty comments such as the above, if it's case of not enough mods to stamp out this behaviour then I'm happy to help take on a role.

If I'm getting insulted for no reason, I reserve the right to defend my view, especially against someone such as you.

As ever, you ignore the main point of a posting and Pick up on another excuse for pettiness, you really don't understand the nature of debating and as ever jump on any thread to use to make pathetic digs at people/posts.

Mods - seriously, i know i should just ignore these kind of posters and shouldn't bite, but threads are turning into constant slanging matches due to petty comments such as the above, if it's case of not enough mods to stamp out this behaviour then I'm happy to help take on a role.

Please show me, the mods and the world where on this thread (for that is what we are talking about) I have insulted you, the only insult has come from you, I haven't mentioned you.

insults, a threat on a previous post, the prevention of free speech, your over qualified.

Please show me, the mods and the world where on this thread (for that is what we are talking about) I have insulted you, the only insult has come from you, I haven't mentioned you.

Post 34,

Yet another off topic and pointless dig at people which adds nothing to the topic being discussed and is only made to rile people up, It's as pathetic and pointless as it is expected.

Post 34,

Yet another off topic and pointless dig at people which adds nothing to the topic being discussed and is only made to rile people up, It's as pathetic and pointless as it is expected.

Well below is post 34, please explain how from that post you can possibly believe it is about you?, I don't see you mentioned at all, not once, not at all. I really think you are paranoid.

Well below is post 34, please explain how from that post you can possibly believe it is about you?, I don't see you mentioned at all, not once, not at all. I really think you are paranoid.

Everyone has said on this thread, that millens comments were daft, which they were, and then was 2 posts, one from me about physical demands of the human body and boom.....in comes your petty off topic comments

Amazingly this is just another topic whether you have added NOTHING on the subject apart from pettyness.

Everyone has said on this thread, that millens comments were daft, which they were, and then was 2 posts, one from me about physical demands of the human body and boom.....in comes your petty off topic comments

Amazingly this is just another topic whether you have added NOTHING on the subject apart from pettyness.

Pettiness my arse, you have imagined that post 34 is about you and that is exactly what it is your imagination and now because you feel very silly about your paranoia, you are changing your attack on me. The funny thing is you said on another thread you had hit the ignore button (which you clearly have not) I never hit the ignore button but have deliberately not replied to any of your posts until you started throwing unwarranted insults at me on this thread and a threat in another.

You are now embarrassing yourself.

Archived