IGNORED

Your Best And Worst Of 2010

seebokseduction

Best - I would agree with the signing of david james along with some of the other players we brought in which have shon such as albert.

Worst - The departure of Gary Johnson, I truely believe that he could have been the one to take us up. I do suppose that if he hadn't left then we wouldn't have signed players such as albert, pitman and stead. it's just up to someone (hopefully keith) getting these playing together as a unit which want this club to succeed

Best: Not a lot, DJ made me go mental with excitement, Akinde doing a great job, but that is really it, spose the reading game when we won was so relieving and a great atmosphere. (Caulker and Unc Albert also)

Worst: (deep breath), Coppell, Hunt, losing 6-0 to baadiff, Nicky Maynard's injury, DJ until Cardiff was awful, announcing 10 millions of loses, stadium debarcle (just say yes or no), B.Orr leaving (missed a consistent, fit RB).

Ohh dear, could be worse, could be a Blue and White Scumbag :violin:

Best - Must admit struggling? Sadly for me but not every other City fan Crapdiff at home last season being the only home game i have missed in 2010 as I was sat in having a meal in Prague thinking that as I was receiving texted updates it was an even bigger wind up.

Worst - In no order of importance. Coppell buggering off, Signing Nicky Hunt, The crap new half time game, Bradders signing for Colin

Best - Paul Hartley in full flow, win against West Brom last season, drawing with Newcastle at home (first 45 mins was amazing) and GJ press conference when he left, not best because he'd gone (thats in my worst bits) but the way it was handled - class, dignity and respect

Worst - 6-0 Cardiff, Coppell all round, GJ leaving, being bottom of the table

Best - would say its between 2 things for me the first being the summer transfer window, it saw the arrivals of James, Albert, Pitman, Stead, Cisse and Caulker. The other being watching Maynard in full flow at the end of last season, showing promise of what we can hopefully look forward to when he gets back from injury whenever he hits form.

Worst - Few things: losing 6-0 to Cardiff, Steve Coppell, the flop signings and the slow start to this season despite having the squad to be a lot higher

Best: Not a lot, DJ made me go mental with excitement, Akinde doing a great job, but that is really it, spose the reading game when we won was so relieving and a great atmosphere. (Caulker and Unc Albert also)

Worst: (deep breath), Coppell, Hunt, losing 6-0 to baadiff, Nicky Maynard's injury, DJ until Cardiff was awful, announcing 10 millions of loses, stadium debarcle (just say yes or no), B.Orr leaving (missed a consistent, fit RB).

Ohh dear, could be worse, could be a Blue and White Scumbag :violin:

just a small point, but, What planet are you on?

One bad game against Ipswich... Or do you not understand how bad our defence is without Caulker?

Sorry, but I'm getting annoyed with people saying James was poor at any point this season... Other than Albert and Caulker he has been our player of the season.

just a small point, but, What planet are you on?

One bad game against Ipswich... Or do you not understand how bad our defence is without Caulker?

Sorry, but I'm getting annoyed with people saying James was poor at any point this season... Other than Albert and Caulker he has been our player of the season.

I think some people set their expectations too high at the start of the season, you must always allow a new player to settle (which James seemed to do fairly swiftly, so quick in fact he appears to be 2nd vice captain) and alot of what i saw were things James could do little to prevent where people were expecting 'England's #1' to be able to stop them.

Games

Best - City 2-2 Newcastle - Not a win, but the first game post-Gary, and one that showed we still had some fight in us even against the top in the divsion.

Worst - City 2-5 Doncaster - At least against Cardiff we didn't pretend we were good for a while and pull it level. The straw that should have broken the camel's back, and worse because it had happened before and recently.

Transfers

Best - Albert Adomah - Nuff said.

Worst - Nicky Hunt - Dreadful player. As good as Becchio was when he came on at Leeds, he was helped equally by the totally inept performance of Hunt.

Players

Best - Jon Stead - Adomah has got the plaudits on the whole and fair enough, but while he was linked with a high-profile move a while back, Stead was seen by many as a bit-part player, and I don't think any one of us would have expected him to have a shout of keeping Nicky out of the team when he comes back.

Worst - Patrick Agyemang - Why did we ever sign this guy. Would be Maierhofer but at least he proved himself a decent keeper.

Goals

Best - Maynard vs. Newcastle - Scorcher, absolute beauty of a goal.

Worst - Platt (Coventry) - Started to really worry about our defence at this point, a slow 30-year old beating everyone for pace from the half-way line.

Archived