IGNORED

Henderson Close To Deal To Join Yeovil

Dynamite Red

Agreed, hope it's only loan and not perm

That said, he's out of contract soon and may want to move on for first team footy, so maybe worth moving him on for a small few and sell on if that's the case.

First choice in league one or 3rd choice in championship?

As said elsewhere though, I'd rather keep hend and sell gerkin

Always checked up on Hendo's match reports when away, and certainly at Yeovil, Aldershot and York he was getting decent reviews. Whether he did enough to 'warrant extended periods' is pure conjecture, he was our second choice keeper and GJ liked to keep him on hand. He's always looked the business when in goal for City and in defending Gerken from somewhat ridiculous criticism you do exactly the same to Henderson.

do

Confused with the Gerken is a journeyman statement., as it actually means a skilled and highly respected worker and not what the tabloids would have you believe with their multiple clubs not doing anything. He is only 3 years older than Hendo and has only been at 3 pro clubs. Gerken has 140 plus pro appearences, Hendo has about 40.

Hendo has been on loan loads of places and never quite done it enough for extended periods. No point having promise if you are not getting games anywhere and loans at York, Weymouth , Yeovil and Aldershot suggest that maybe a sale, plus a sell on could be better in case he does make the grade.

Just wasted now as we dont have 'stiff's

Three clubs. WOW. hes not exactly set the world alight. I saw Hendo in our first game back in the Championship, and once he got over his initial nerves he showed more composure and ability than Gerkin EVER will. would prefer Basso back than have Gerkin in the squad if I'm honest and I aint a fan of Basso's by any means. The fact Hendo only has 40 appearances is more scandalous given some of Gerkin's **** ups last season. Give me Hendo every time, the future No 1

do

Three clubs. WOW. hes not exactly set the world alight. I saw Hendo in our first game back in the Championship, and once he got over his initial nerves he showed more composure and ability than Gerkin EVER will. would prefer Basso back than have Gerkin in the squad if I'm honest and I aint a fan of Basso's by any means. The fact Hendo only has 40 appearances is more scandalous given some of Gerkin's **** ups last season. Give me Hendo every time, the future No 1

You certainly tell it how it is Bucks, well said !

The stick Gerken is coming in for is quite unbelievable. Some people have short memories. Sure he wasn't the best at coming off his line and amde a few mistakes but he's an excellent shot-stopper and at his young age (where a goalie is concerned) he has plenty of time to learn some more composure. Something like a reaction save is an instinct that cannot be taught to the same extent as knowing which crosses to come for etc. I can think of several games where Gerken won us either the match or a point when he had no right too. Newcastle away and Ipswich at home being too fine examples.

The stick Gerken is coming in for is quite unbelievable. Some people have short memories. Sure he wasn't the best at coming off his line and amde a few mistakes but he's an excellent shot-stopper and at his young age (where a goalie is concerned) he has plenty of time to learn some more composure. Something like a reaction save is an instinct that cannot be taught to the same extent as knowing which crosses to come for etc. I can think of several games where Gerken won us either the match or a point when he had no right too. Newcastle away and Ipswich at home being too fine examples.

Well said.

I agree that some games last season he made some great saves and kept us in games and agree is a great shot stopper but then so was Phillip he wasn't good enough for the championship. I think Hendo has more potential and may of got a chance if we hadn't signed James but it also would be pointless keeping him on the bench he needs the experience and will most lightly leave this summer.

Though sadly think this is best for both parties he will get games and we could bring a academy goal keeper through although this all hangs if James doesn't leavejuggle.gif

Archived