IGNORED

Steven Caulker!

Dolman Block B

After watching this lot for the best part of 35 years i can honestly say he is up with the best centre halfs ive ever seen at the Gate!!!!

He seems to be growing bigger and stronger every time we watch him. Today he was IMMENSE! For such a young man he seems to do nothing wrong. He wins almost every ball that is fired into our defense, he can attack with the ball at his feet, if he gets a knock he dont roll about and make a meal of it, up he gets and shakes his head and off into battle!!!

Seen him shouting all over the pitch today, gave DJ a bollocking when he wasnt first to a ball, screaming at the midfielders to get forward and on and on and on!!!

Just how good is this lad?

Would love to sign the fella up on a contract but that aint going to happen. I can see this chap hitting the highest levels of World football, and even wearing a England shirt at some stage!

Sure you forum members will agree with all of that?

Arn

I agree with everything that Arn states Caulker really is immense and Redknapp really must have some class defenders playing for Tottenhams fiest team to allow him out on loan to us? He does not appear to have a weakness.

Personally I would lay a lot of money on him playing for England one day. Pity that we can only enjoy him for a very short time.

I totally agree he has a very bright future ahead of him and its a real shame we will only have him until the end of the season there is no way Spurs woud even consider selling a young talent such as him.

I wont be surprised if he is in the England squad for our next world cup campaign!!

Definately!!! Could even end up as a captain

Why the hell did Spurs sign yet another centre half recently? At this rate Caulker will never get a chance there despite his obvious quality. He reminds me of Gary Collier around the time Don Revie tried to sign him as an 18 year old. Kids, ask your grandad. :innocent06:

The guy is unbelievable for his age, commanding in the air and organises the defence well. Brings the ball out of defence excellently as well, he reminds me of Ferdinand (Rio, not Anton) when he was just breaking through.

Definitely will play at the top end of the Premier League and will surely win England caps. Credit to Cisse as well today who I thought was excellent alongside him.

I would say the lad could play centre midfield quite easily aswell, the way he strides forward and always looks to play someone in is just different gravy!!

I cant speak highly enough off the lad, without him i dread to think where we would be, would love to see him hav a run in centre midfield if we can climb further up the table and get abit safer, i think he would be a revelation.

The guy is a class act, grounded, confident, calm, collectedreads the game well. No chance of us keeping him whatsover. Make the most of his talent this season. hope we get another gem on loan from Spurs or Arsenal for next season.

cant think of a player since Andy Cole with such talent. If he aint a major part of Englands next Euro & world cup plans, I would be amazed

Totally agree with everyone (except Dynamite Red, was that post a joke ?).

Thinking back to the demolition job Cardiff did on us last time they were at AG, probably the biggest difference was having this SUPERB defender on our side today. For a young lad he is SO aware of his correct position at all times in the game, he wins nearly everything in the air, not afraid to come forward, really pacy (for a defender) - I could go on, he has everything in his game to go on to play at the highest level and (as another old timer) I agree with the OP, one of the best players we have EVER seen at The Gate.

BUT let's not take away from the whole team today, everyone (and I mean everyone) was superb.

It was interesting to note that our midfield seem to perform better without Skuse in there. He did a great job at RB and if I was Millen, I would leave him there.

And finally, so long as they are both fit, how could Milly ever again this season not start Stead and Pitman up front ? They have the makings of a long term effective partnership and if they keep up today's form I can even see Maynard struggling to get back in the side when he is fit.

Happy Days ! By far our best performance so far this season. Bring on QPR, our boys should have no fear of them after today.

The guy is a class act, grounded, confident, calm, collectedreads the game well. No chance of us keeping him whatsover. Make the most of his talent this season. hope we get another gem on loan from Spurs or Arsenal for next season.

cant think of a player since Andy Cole with such talent. If he aint a major part of Englands next Euro & world cup plans, I would be amazed

Agree 100%, he will be in the 2014 world cup squad. Also the way he gets in front of the play on breaks is something you rarely see from a centre half.

Why the hell did Spurs sign yet another centre half recently?

We have a partnership with SuperSport United in South Africa, and the fella we signed from there imo is more or less coming to us because of that connection. We paid 1.5 million for its hardly anything to be worried about, if anything he'll go out loan somewhere to gain experience.

Very happy that Caulker is doing well for you as I've kept track of his loan spell. A fella who is a poster on here gets on the Spurs forum I'm on to update us and had a good convo with him today about where/when I see Caulker coming into our first team.

2012, once we get King/Woodgate/Gallas off our books......I really cant wait for this kid to get his shout, quality player especially for his age.

Caulker, class, but still learning, if he don't go onto to be a Spurs first team player in the next three yrs i be surprised, England hell of a chance, Spurs see him as King's replacement, imo, King is better than Terry & Ferdinand. Caulker will be playing for Spurs and England by the time he is 25, black mark this comment he's that good.

Caulker is simply amazing. Could not believe the gulf in class during the Palace game between him and Cisse. This kid is a huge prospect and we would be up that creek without a paddle without him...

Also, he is also a great leader. He doesn't even really play for the club, but he gives 100% and puts his body on the line.

Every player has there price, and if we want to build a team to win promotion and have a chance of staying in the prem then these are the type of players we need to sign.

I know its hard to believe but he might love it here and want to stay. 1st team football at his age to progress in a must and if he's not going to get a chance till 2012 then another season or two with us would be great for both partys.

Every player has there price, and if we want to build a team to win promotion and have a chance of staying in the prem then these are the type of players we need to sign.

I know its hard to believe but he might love it here and want to stay. 1st team football at his age to progress in a must and if he's not going to get a chance till 2012 then another season or two with us would be great for both partys.

The problem is in £££££££££

Not a clue what he is earning with us, at a duess will be 10k or less at his age. At Prem level he could almost 5 times that for a start.....hard decesion even if he does luv it here!

The best chance we have of keeping him is another season loan, however the way he's playing unless we go up, its unlikely that he'll be back next season. Getting him perm just won't happen.

As for Rose, don't be surprised if he joins perm,before end of transfer window.

After watching this lot for the best part of 35 years i can honestly say he is up with the best centre halfs ive ever seen at the Gate!!!!

He seems to be growing bigger and stronger every time we watch him. Today he was IMMENSE! For such a young man he seems to do nothing wrong. He wins almost every ball that is fired into our defense, he can attack with the ball at his feet, if he gets a knock he dont roll about and make a meal of it, up he gets and shakes his head and off into battle!!!

Seen him shouting all over the pitch today, gave DJ a bollocking when he wasnt first to a ball, screaming at the midfielders to get forward and on and on and on!!!

Just how good is this lad?

Would love to sign the fella up on a contract but that aint going to happen. I can see this chap hitting the highest levels of World football, and even wearing a England shirt at some stage!

Sure you forum members will agree with all of that?

Arn

Indeed, Caulker is a class act. Maybe if we reach the Premier League via the play-offs he'll stay - you never know. :dancing6:

Indeed, Caulker is a class act. Maybe if we reach the Premier League via the play-offs he'll stay - you never know. :dancing6:

I think that's possibly the only chance of keeping him

I'd expect him to be at a Fulham or other,low end perm club on loan next year and then into their first team.

Archived