IGNORED

Pitman The Targetman?

Ryan 7

First of all, great performance, result and start to 2011. Better than any game I remember from 2010 already!

One thing that striker me though, is whenever we're looking to hoof it long, such as when Jamo has the ball, why are they always aiming for the head of Pitman? Surely Jon Stead, who is taller, stronger and probably better in the air should be challenging whilst Pitman runs off it?

But hey, Pitman isn't all too bad at it and it seems to be working so why should I question anything!

:city:

First of all, great performance, result and start to 2011. Better than any game I remember from 2010 already!

One thing that striker me though, is whenever we're looking to hoof it long, such as when Jamo has the ball, why are they always aiming for the head of Pitman? Surely Jon Stead, who is taller, stronger and probably better in the air should be challenging whilst Pitman runs off it?

But hey, Pitman isn't all too bad at it and it seems to be working so why should I question anything!

:city:

imo, Pitman is probably, bar the centre halves, the best header of the ball we have. Spring and timing. Wins far more than he should. Bit like Cahill at Everton.

but Stead doesn't need to jump much :tumbleweed:

i think it's roughly a 50/50 split personally who James aims at as Stead seems to get a bit and is generally good at controlling the ball, remember James punt up field yesterday where Sted got picked out in their half and chested it, lost the ball but was unlucky to have 2 of their guys marking him and not 1 City player up with him to lay it off too.

Pitmans ability in the air has really suprised me. When he came we knew were getting a goalscorer but his all round game has impressed me.

On the performance - the link up play between the front two and midfield was excellent at times. Triangles, one touch passing and through balls made it a fast tempo pace which I think surprised Cardiff. Perfect way to start 2011

Pitmn was fantastic yesterday, won everything in the air and showed what a cleaver player he is for the second goal, holding on to the ball for stead to get on side then pulling out of the box creating space for JCR and Johnson.

When I saw him against Leicester I was surprised at how good he was in the air and impressed with his movement, he's proving to be a really quality player for us.

To get the pair of them in for a million in total was fantastic business by Millen.

200k for stead was a steal, however I dread to think what his wages are

Completely agree - two excellent signings at decent prices.

BTW is Pitman now officially known as 'Pitman the Hitman' or did I just make that up??

Completely agree - two excellent signings at decent prices.

BTW is Pitman now officially known as 'Pitman the Hitman' or did I just make that up??

Beat you to it in the Derby and Cardiff match threads and it will give me the very greatest of pleasure to continue praising the Hitman in the QPR thread.

COYR :chant6ez:

Archived