IGNORED

Carey

redlandrebel

I listen to most games on the radio as I can't afford to attend. I also read this board and the 606 board and was at the rout against Cardiff (and have been following City for far longer than my memership of OTIB suggests). It seems to me that Carey has lost his touch as a player and possibly as a captain too. Even the radio commentator's commented on this with poor Adam Baker having no choice but to agree and DJ had an altercation with him not that long ago. My fear is that with Skuse injured (and Macallister also still injured KM will play Carey tomorrow and our play will be stifled as a result. It takes a brave manager to leave the experienced players on the bench - something Capello's too afraid to do and Del Bosque not! Will he start Ribs and leave Carey on the bench (assuming fit)?

Now where's my tin hat - am looking out for incoming missiles!

Carey isn't fit for QPR.

Either way, as a player still good enough without doubt, however age is catching up with him and injuries take longer to heal.

34 this month and phyiscally past his best, hasn't really lost any pace as he never had much, but his experience is still vital to the team especially with so many younger players such as Fontaine, Carey and Riberio in the team.

James and Carey did have a fall out few months ago during a game, but all done and dusted now.

Will he play if Ribierio, Fontaine, Caulker and Macca are all fit........honestly don't know, think it depends who were are playing.

Either way, still capable at this level at Centre Half and Right Back I feel and probably for another 18months.

on a side note? is he now the 2nd highest for all times games for City?

Actually just checked......according to soccerbase he's on 595 games for City.

Hopefully there will be a mention when he hits the big 600! such a shame he went to Cov for 6months.

Carey is still one of our best defenders at the moment. (Steve Caulker is of course not "ours".)

Age is against him of course and we desparately need a permanent replacement as injuries and age inevitably take their toll.

I thought the back four line up against Cardiff did well considering the quality of their forwards and so perhaps Skuse and Cisse have more to offer in defence than in midfield.

We have plenty of options going forward, but need to strengthen midfiled and defence. Carey can not expect to be first choice beyond this season, and perhaps not even from now onwards.

Caulker unfortunately will rightfully return to Spurs and probably start to play in the prem next season, so we must find a replacement for Louis as soon as we can.

Archived