IGNORED

Nfl Playoffs

Dastardly and Muttley

So, the NFL Playoff's schedule is set, how do you see it going?

I think it will be as follows:

Wildcard Round

New Orleans @ Seattle - N.O. win

N.Y. Jets @ Indianapolis - Indianapolis win

Baltimore @ Kansas City - Baltimore win

Green Bay @ Philadelphia - Philadelphia win

Divisional Round

New Orleans @ Atlanta - Atlanta win

Philadelphia @ Chicago - Philadelphia win

Baltimore @ New England - Baltimore win

Indianapolis @ Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh win

Championship Round

Philadelphia @ Atlanta - Atlanta win

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh win

Superbowl

Pittsburgh v Atlanta - Pittsburgh win

Quite a tough bunch this year to choose from, and I may have been slightly biased towards the Eagles, who I could easily see losing next week to the Packers. I also still think that my preseason pick of Falcons v Ravens superbowl won't be far off, but I can see the Steelers defence grinding out a boring Superbowl win.

Hard to look past the Patriots in the AFC for me- Brady's been unbelievable in the past few weeks even by his standards, and getting rid of Randy Moss was the best thing they could have done. In the NFC Atlanta's home record makes them pretty formidable, but the Eagles have a shot if Vick stays fit and firing. I'll go for the Patriots as champs over the Falcons, but the way the playoffs have gone for the past few years anyone could win. Except the Seahawks.

So, the NFL Playoff's schedule is set, how do you see it going?

I think it will be as follows:

Wildcard Round

New Orleans @ Seattle - N.O. win

N.Y. Jets @ Indianapolis - Indianapolis win

Baltimore @ Kansas City - Baltimore win

Green Bay @ Philadelphia - Philadelphia win

Divisional Round

New Orleans @ Atlanta - Atlanta win

Philadelphia @ Chicago - Philadelphia win

Baltimore @ New England - Baltimore win

Indianapolis @ Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh win

Championship Round

Philadelphia @ Atlanta - Atlanta win

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh win

Superbowl

Pittsburgh v Atlanta - Pittsburgh win

Quite a tough bunch this year to choose from, and I may have been slightly biased towards the Eagles, who I could easily see losing next week to the Packers. I also still think that my preseason pick of Falcons v Ravens superbowl won't be far off, but I can see the Steelers defence grinding out a boring Superbowl win.

I'm biased on this being a big Patriots fan, but with home-field advantage all the way to the Superbowl now, I really think we'll do it. The only concern I did have was the Colts - they should have won at Gillette Stadium earlier in the season but Manning fluffed it right at the end. That said, I think they will beat the Jets next week before falling at the Steelers so for now that concern is on hold.

What has impressed me more with the Patriots is their schedule though - no back to back home games all season and we've gone to the Steelers, Bears and Chargers and won.

With reference to the NFC - I think the Saints will come good. Despite their loss to the Bucs yesterday, they still ooze class and know how mentally strong you need to be after last season's stunning Superbowl victory. I think the match-up between the Packers and the Eagles highlights how tough Wild-Card matches can be, and this will be physically tough - so much so that the winning team will struggle the week after due to the intensity of that fixture.

I do want the the Falcons to get through and irrespective of knowing they have home field advantage I just feel they may struggle in some crunch games, especially a team like the saints.

My Prediction: Superbowl XLV - New England Patriots v New Orleans Saints

Being a Giants fan it pains to comment on this thread after such a spectacular capitulation.

If you are unsure to what I am referring rewind three weeks, check the score with 8 minutes remaining in the Giants vs Eagles game, the rest is history.

On the subject of the Eagles, they've lost the last two, should have lost against the Giants the week before that, could have lost against the Cowboys before that and lost against the Bears before that. You have to go all the way back to week 11 for them to turn in a convincing win, ironically playing host to the Giants.

Unless Vick single handidly drags them through multiple last quarter comebacks they will fall early.

Wildcard

New Orleans at Seattle - New Orleans,

Jets at Indianapolis - Jets,

Baltimore at Kansas - Kansas,

Green Bay at Philadelphia - Green Bay,

Division

New Orleans at Atlanta - New Orleans,

Green Bay at Chicago - Chicago,

Kansas at New England - New England,

Jets at Pittsburgh - Jets,

Championship

New Orleans at Chicago - Chicago,

Jets at New England - Jets,

Superbowl

Chicago vs Jets - Chicago.

My predictions for what it's worth...

AFC

Jets (6) @ Colts (3)

Ravens (5) @ Chiefs (4)

Jets @ Patriots

Ravens @ Steelers

Ravens @ Patriots

NFC

Packers (6) @ Eagles (3)

Saints (5) @ Seahawks (4)

Eagles @ Bears

Saints @ Falcons

Eagles @ Falcons

Superbowl

Patriots v Falcons

Hey, what happened to the cheerleaders :pray:

Jets are 6th seed, so will be at Pats if they win. No way they can play Pittsburgh in the second round.

Whoops, my bad, thanks for the correction.

Think the Bears will come through the NFC, Jets or Pats AFC.

Clearly knowing the Jets better than I do, how do you fancy their chances - what have been their strengths and weaknesses this season?

Am I right in thinking that Sanchez has had a good year?

So we have the Steelers against my Packers. I will be taking the Monday off work so that i can watch all the game. As much as it pains me i cant see the pack winning as thier lack of a running game will bite them in the ass.

Archived