IGNORED

Caulker Or Maynard

miloemily

It's a tricky one and obviously everyone would love to have them both. However at the moment we have one of the best strike forces we've had in time, and without Caulker i just don't see our defence being strong enough! At this moment in time i'd have to go Caulker, as much as i do love Maynard.

Maynard - No Brainer really!!!!!!! Id love to see caulker in a city shirt permently but lets face it i very much doubt that will happen as the best we can hope for is tottenham letting us have him on loan again next season as i cant see tottenham wanting to sell him!!!!

quite easy for me, if we could get Caulker by selling Maynard i would do it, Pitman and Stead have shown while Maynard is away we have a good strike force at this level without him where as take away Caulker atm and our defense would be very shakey, also there would likely be a bit of £££ left to sign a new striker anyway to rotate around Pitman and Stead

It's a tricky one and obviously everyone would love to have them both. However at the moment we have one of the best strike forces we've had in time, and without Caulker i just don't see our defence being strong enough! At this moment in time i'd have to go Caulker, as much as i do love Maynard.

Seconded

The balance of the team is more important than the individuals.

Caulker opening his account in front of Harry will make keeping him even more difficult.

However, when he lifts the world cup in Russia we'll be able to talk about him as a city legend!

Very interesting question. Maynard is clearly a much more exciting player and just having him on the pitch can get your hopes up as you never know what magic he might pull out from the bag! Caulker on the other hand is a superb defender, one of the best in the Championship at just 18, will probably go on to play for England and will without doubt (unless injury mars him) have a terrific career at the highest level. Caulker would also be a better investment for the future, as you'd imagine he'll be worth a hell of a lot on a few years. My heart says Maynard but my head definitely says Caulker.

In the nicest possible way, the two can't really be compared, if it was between 2 defenders or two strikers, then that would be a fairer match. I'd sooner have both of them in red shirts, and wouldn't want to pick either one.

I understand what you are saying, but surely this shows the high regard that us fans hold for Caulker. We are actually debating (all be it hyperthetically) selling our 'prize asset' in order to keep this player.

I can't ever, ever remember the fans being so united in their (positive) opinion of a player. Have we ever wanted or needed a loan player so much? Maybe perhaps Mark Robbins when he was recalled into his loan spell for us which left us faltering, but this feels more than that?

i doubt if it would be possible, Spurs aren't mugs. But I would hope that everything possible, and more, is being done to keep him as long aspossible. So please, please Mr Lansdown...

I think right now I'd prefer Caulker. Nothing against Maynard but I think we'd get a good £6million for him and could get Caulker for less than that right now and already have replacements for Maynard in Pitman/Stead if he was to leave. Obviously I'd love both though.

Archived