IGNORED

Chris Lines?

Bar BS3

Just a thought, having read the other thread related to our nearest and dearest! :disapointed2se:

If there is any truth that our leader was at the Memorial Ground last night ,then rather than the previously mentioned possibles of B.W.P. or Hoskins, would Chris Lines not be more of a likely target than anyone else on show last night?

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in this, I am simply putting 2 + 2 together and probably getting 5, but it seems more likely than the other 2 names, and im sure he can't be happy with the way their season is heading down the pan. Probably one of very few players they might be able to cash in on??

Who knows??

:englandsmile4wf:

Akinde not in Gas squad last night so doubt he was watching him?

Nah, in all seriousness I really wouldn't have thought we'd be looking at Lines, we need someone to improve our squad and Lines wouldn't get in ahead of LJ in my opinion.

I also wouldn't have thought we'd be looking at a Plymouth player either, especially not a striker as we all know that's one position we don't need to strengthen for the first time ever!

I would have thought he went there expecting Akinde to get some game time.

Lines would not come to us, I wouldn't think. His family are gasheads.

He'll be on his way somewhere else soon enough though, as he's too good for them. Also apparently on 4k+ a week, which would be a lot for a League 2 club....

Not sure he is too good for them.

Lines hasn't played well for a long while, the goals have dried up and the gasheads have been moaning about his attitude.

I would hope City could do much better than Lines - he's not Championship standard.

Let Rovers continue to be saddled with his wages, I doubt they'll get any offers for Lines and I'd be furious if they got one from us.

Not sure he is too good for them.

Lines hasn't played well for a long while, the goals have dried up and the gasheads have been moaning about his attitude.

I would hope City could do much better than Lines - he's not Championship standard.

Let Rovers continue to be saddled with his wages, I doubt they'll get any offers for Lines and I'd be furious if they got one from us.

The gas have one good player and thats Hoskins, we don't need anymore strikers anyway, I expect Millen was at the Memorial Ground to watch Bradley Wright-Phillips, as he has been linked with us in the past few days, Rovers are 21st in league one, they can keep all their players!!

He'll be on his way somewhere else soon enough though, as he's too good for them. Also apparently on 4k+ a week, which would be a lot for a League 2 club....

IF we wanted him he'd crawl on hands and knees to sign!

But we don't want the filth's crap ta very much.

He WOULD be interested! Although there has been NO contact ATALL and he didn't have any idea that Millen was even at the game.

He did play well though by all accounts. (obviously not well enough! but its unfair to expect a team of 2 half tidy players to beat 11 men on the opposing team! Apparently yes, they really are that bad!)

From what i hear of Lines, he has been quieter this season without anyone around him, but was outstanding last season. If we need an attacking midfielder then he is young, quick and strong with an eye for goal and given the lack of better proven quality that might be available, i think we could do worse, if the price was right.

It is surely alot more likely than Hoskins or B.W.P who have played, yet failed to impress consistantly at Chamionship level before. Sometimes a young, enthusiastic player with potential from the lower leagues can work out well - Albert anyone?!?!

He WOULD be interested! Although there has been NO contact ATALL and he didn't have any idea that Millen was even at the game.

He did play well though by all accounts. (obviously not well enough! but its unfair to expect a team of 2 half tidy players to beat 11 men on the opposing team! Apparently yes, they really are that bad!)

From what i hear of Lines, he has been quieter this season without anyone around him, but was outstanding last season. If we need an attacking midfielder then he is young, quick and strong with an eye for goal and given the lack of better proven quality that might be available, i think we could do worse, if the price was right.

It is surely alot more likely than Hoskins or B.W.P who have played, yet failed to impress consistantly at Chamionship level before. Sometimes a young, enthusiastic player with potential from the lower leagues can work out well - Albert anyone?!?!

P*SS HEAD

The gas have one good player and thats Hoskins, we don't need anymore strikers anyway, I expect Millen was at the Memorial Ground to watch Bradley Wright-Phillips, as he has been linked with us in the past few days, Rovers are 21st in league one, they can keep all their players!!

True we don't need a striker, which would rule out Hoskins... BWP is also a striker!

Albert is 10x the player Lines will ever be.

Are you saying one good season in the 3rd division, which has been followed by a poor one, makes a player of interest to Bristol City?

Less than 150 career appearances at the age of 25 and all at a low level - this guy hit his peak last year and it will be downhill all the way from now on as he sinks without trace with the relegated gas.

If he didn't play in the same City we'd never have even heard of the blighter.disapointed2se.gif

Just a thought, having read the other thread related to our nearest and dearest! :disapointed2se:

If there is any truth that our leader was at the Memorial Ground last night ,then rather than the previously mentioned possibles of B.W.P. or Hoskins, would Chris Lines not be more of a likely target than anyone else on show last night?

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in this, I am simply putting 2 + 2 together and probably getting 5, but it seems more likely than the other 2 names, and im sure he can't be happy with the way their season is heading down the pan. Probably one of very few players they might be able to cash in on??

Who knows??

Ben Swallow - play making central midfielder. Very decent prospect.

There was alot of championship managers down the cabbage patch last night (wordings straight from a work assciociate this morning (before seen any of the threads) was sat in front of them all apparantly)

Plymouth whole squad is on the shopping window so can see why there is alot of interest.

Did enjoy greating him with a 2-0 up and you **** it up!

Really can't see us buying any of their lot.

Out of interest, when was the last time City signed a Rovers player? I can't think of one in the last 20 years. I know there's a few who've played for both clubs (Beadle, Stewart, Matthews, Akinde etc), but any direct transfers from them to us?

Really can't see us buying any of their lot.

Out of interest, when was the last time City signed a Rovers player? I can't think of one in the last 20 years. I know there's a few who've played for both clubs (Beadle, Stewart, Matthews, Akinde etc), but any direct transfers from them to us?

Has there been one since Brian Williams in 1985?

Archived