IGNORED

Help Needed From Some Computer Boffin..!

dazza247

I am now the proud owner of a screen-saver on my phone(Nokia)of me with Danny Wilson!! Anyone know how I can upload(don't know the technical terms..sorry) it onto the computer/if it's possible?! Sorry to post this on here! Thanks in advance for any help!!

Its something to do with infrared. I dont know exactly but I got the same problem. Someone told me that you've got to enable infrared reception on your computer and mobile and it should pick it up. No idea how to do it though. Sorry but hope thats of some help!

Eh?! It's all French to me!! I'm sure there must be some way of sending the picture from my phone to some account on the internet and doing it that way?! Sorry for sounding stupid...I can use a keyboard, type letters, search on the internet..anything more than that and I'm like a Gashead experiencing good football(ie it's new to me)!!

I'm sure you need the lead, similar to the one you would use to upload the pictures from a digital camera to a computer, they cost about £40 I think you'll find.

Guest Red_Atyeo

It all depends on which phone you have.

Most likely that with a camera phone, you will have infra red. This is a form of electromagnetic radiation, but basically means that you can send information through the air. If your phone does have it, it will look like a black about 5 X 10mm panel. Most Nokia's have them. If you have a laptop, press send on your phone, find the "black thing " on your laptop and it well send it through if you point them towards one another.

If you only have a pc, you need a Infra red adapter, which plugs into your Usb port, also known as IRDA adapter. You can get ripped for these, up to about £60 on the high street. The best place is ebuyer.com. Check here for an absolute bargain Ebuyer IRDA adpater

I have had mine for about a year, just for putting up photo's taken with my phone or puttin mp3's onto my phone, it is till working perfectly.

The alternative is the Nokia money making cable. I wouldn't bother, because you need special software etc. where as with the infrared it runs straight off windows.

Hope this helps

Archived