IGNORED

Our Shooting Accuracy

MartockRed

I've read a few times over the last month on the bbc website match preview, that we have the best shooting accuracy in the division.

I have no links, but I think it was before the Cardiff match where they stated that 62% of all shots were on target, thats quite impressive.

Results from the Cardiff game. 12 on target, 6 off target (67%)

Results from QPR game. 6 on target. 0 off target. (100%)

Now I don't usually take too much notice of stats of this nature, but it is certainly one of the more important ones.

Anyone have any theories?

Is it down to our certain style of play, not just shooting from anywhere, or is it because we're spending most of the days training session pinging'em at Jammers & Gerks!

I've read a few times over the last month on the bbc website match preview, that we have the best shooting accuracy in the division.

I have no links, but I think it was before the Cardiff match where they stated that 62% of all shots were on target, thats quite impressive.

Results from the Cardiff game. 12 on target, 6 off target (67%)

Now I don't usually take too much notice of stats of this nature, but it is certainly one of the more important ones.

Anyone have any theories?

Is it down to our certain style of play, not just shooting from anywhere, or is it because we're spending most of the days training session pinging'em at Jammers & Gerks!

on the down side, you could say we'e not buying a ticket for the raffle ?

A good point. Not sure where the BBC get there info from.

Would be interesting to see if we're near the bottom for total attempts on goal. Would back up the case for that badly needed creative midfielder.

I was amazed by this stat, in the same game QPR also had 6 shots on target but a ridiculous 14 off! Buying a ticket for the raffle is one thing but QPR were horrendously wasteful against us. Having said that we won't score a goal per 3 shots every game... I guess what you can take from this is that we're creating the 'better' opportunities, but less freqeuntly. For example the Pitman chance just before half time at Loftus Road was probably the best move & chance of the match, whereas we reduced QPR to a lot of long rangers and hopeful balls into the box.

I was amazed by this stat, in the same game QPR also had 6 shots on target but a ridiculous 14 off! Buying a ticket for the raffle is one thing but QPR were horrendously wasteful against us. Having said that we won't score a goal per 3 shots every game... I guess what you can take from this is that we're creating the 'better' opportunities, but less freqeuntly. For example the Pitman chance just before half time at Loftus Road was probably the best move & chance of the match, whereas we reduced QPR to a lot of long rangers and hopeful balls into the box.

Maybe it's because we're not good enough to dominate for large periods of a match and with that, forced to base alot of attacking play on the counter.

Better chances are usually created when the play is stretched.

On the city website go on Match --> League Statistics --> And then go from their to find the shooting percentages etc of all clubs! I have added a link of this page for you... Link --> http://www.bcfc.co.u...7~20107,00.html

Cheers for that fella.

Were 10th with just shots on target let alone any percentage!! Stats eh!?

Just checked the discipline stats for clubs (can't help myself now), and who are the top two worst teams..........yep you guessed it Leeds and Millwall.

Somethings never change :nono:

It helps when youve got pitman whos always creates opportunities for himself and will only have a go if necessary. Same with stead. His experience tells him that due to the type of player he is, chances dont cometoo often and he needs to make them count. Quality not quantity. Also no sproule means 3 less miss cued shots per game.

Archived