IGNORED

Spurs Confirm Centre Half Signing !

Brislingwood Red

• Admin

Not sure Spurs would take him back during the season anyway, they have been crying out for a centre half for months and are now finally getting their defence sorted.

If they were going to end his season long loan spell, it would have been before now

Surely this finally rules out Caulks departing before the end of the season ??

http://www.teamtalk....e-Khumalo-swoop

Khumalo is a huge centre back who was outstanding for South Africa during the World Cup and is not much older than Caulker. I posted on here some time ago about him as a potential target for City. Great news for us if his arrival pushes Caulks down the pecking order at Spurs!!

Khumalo is a huge centre back who was outstanding for South Africa during the World Cup and is not much older than Caulker. I posted on here some time ago about him as a potential target for City. Great news for us if his arrival pushes Caulks down the pecking order at Spurs!!

Correct.

An established SA international defender who did a job as you say- but you wouldn't necessarily know it from some posts on the thread.

As a more general point it does indicate that perhaps Enlish football is a little insular. One example on a higher profile level? Shearer on Ben Arfa (France international, CL experience, French title winner)- says on MOTD 'I don't think many will have heard of him'. It's like when the media say about Wenger 'Oh another unknown gem' i.e. Rosicky. Well he did cost £10m, established Czech international and was a regular for Borussia Dortmund (who won CL in late 1990s- one more than Arsenal).

Hmm now Spurs have signed Khumalo, can we sign Caulker permanently please Redknapp? :shifty:

Nah, I dont think so Khumalo aint as good as Caulker, we'll probably get him next season. South African football is nowhere as good as the West African & N African powerhouses either. South Africas only world class sports are Rugby & Cricket

The biggest part in us signing Khumalo is our partnership with Supersport United (his old club) which is why he's only signed for 1.5 million. This fella does not effect Caulker's push for a first team place in the future (at least thats how I see it), I do think Khumalo will be a good asset for our squad but with an aging King/Gallas/Woody Caulker will have his place in our first team in 1 or 2 seasons time. Also Bassong is getting a bit fed up of not getting games so he may well be sold in the summer which can open up more room for both Khumalo and Caulker. I never saw Caulker getting recalled because unlike Walker who is at the age where he needs PL experience and needs to start pushing for a place in our first team, Caulker will do the same thing when he turns 21 (PL loan at a lower end side, then in our first team to push for a place which in my eyes will be 2012).

Archived