IGNORED

Why Do We Want A Cup Run?

redhead

Yes you get the money.

Besides, I like the FA Cup, it brings giant-killing opportunities, national exposure and it is something that could be won. It was only a few years ago that Cardiff reached the final.

I'd really like us to have a cup run - it's long overdue.

Normally i am in the concentrate on the league camp, but after going out on the first occasion 3 years on the pop this time round a cup run is on the cards for me. Dont get me wrong i think the league is important but you cant beat the feeling of the cup. Even if we dont have a chance of winning it. Say we win 2 cup games then go out to the likes of manure or chelsea. Each win is good morale for our players.

Normally i am in the concentrate on the league camp, but after going out on the first occasion 3 years on the pop this time round a cup run is on the cards for me. Dont get me wrong i think the league is important but you cant beat the feeling of the cup. Even if we dont have a chance of winning it. Say we win 2 cup games then go out to the likes of manure or chelsea. Each win is good morale for our players.

Yes you get money for winning which helps every club but being relistic we are not going to win the competition may aswell concentrate on the league, I'm agreeing with holloway on this one

Since when is supporting city logical? It's supposed to be about passion & fun and a good cup run gives both in abundance.

The one thing i want to do before i die is to see CITY in the cup final. I just wish i could have been at Crystal Palace that day 101 years ago. So that's my personal reason.

For the team and supportes, winning games adds confidance, witch will help when we play league matches.. So the further we go the more national coverage we get, plus the money. It.s a win win situation

Yes you get money for winning which helps every club but being relistic we are not going to win the competition may aswell concentrate on the league, I'm agreeing with holloway on this one

Cos City needs the money a glamour tie would bring in. Personally I couldnt give a flying ****, but there are loads of fans who love the FA cup.

Hollowhead talks bollocks most of the time anyway

For a start I don't know why you've mentioned Holloway as Blackpool are in an entirely different situation than us, they are fighting to stay in the PL so it's unsurprising that they see that as their priority. I'm glad we're playing our strongest team as personally I don't think we'll go down nor do I think we'll make the top 6, so getting through to round 4 and the possiblity of a big game seems very appealing Of course Millen can' t come out and say this as he'll be attacked for either being arrogant or lacking in ambition.

We've got an abysmal cup record in recent years and it's about time that changed as it's getting embarrassing. SL deserves to start seeing a return on the millions he's been investing in this club and the cup is the best chance for him to see that this season. All the crap about concentrating on the league is the spin clubs put out AFTER getting knocked out of the cup, not before.

I'm old enough to remember City getting good cup runs and it wasn't half exciting and the feel good factor it brings shouldn't be underestimated.

Bring it on I say and let's see if we can bury the Wendies and pull a big name at home out of the hat in the next round fingerscrossed.gif

I will be there in my usual STH seat and (of course) I will be hoping we win tomorrow and progress in this competition.

BUT the League is still the top priority for me. The way I see it, avoiding relegation this season is our aim - it now seems almost certain, especially after two good performances against nos 1 and 2 (currently) in the Championship last weekend.

THEN, if we can keep Albert and Maynard is fully fit (and is not sold on) and (possibly) Wonder Boy Caulker stays with us for another season, I think 2011/12 is our promotion season.

Bring it on !

We sometimes get there (Middlesborough a couple of seasons back) but very rarely in my 20 years of watching City have we made it beyond that. Once maybe when we lost to Charlton.

Amen. In my distant memory (I'm 36), I can recall a string of draws, followed by a hammering, against John Beck's Cambridge (long balls, demotivating dressing room paint scheme, cold showers for the opposition - isn't that where GJ learnt his trade?), and shortly thereafter a beating by a pre-Premier League Chelsea, or did I dream those ties?

Decent Cup runs in my time were:

91/92 - Lost 4-1 at Forest in R5, having won at Leicester in the round before (there's a clip knocking round on Youtube of the MOTD highlights of that one - Motty is salivating over Jacki)

93/94 - Liverpool, then winning away at Stockport, and then getting knocked out by Charlton in a 5th round replay after a 1-1 draw at AG - if we'd won that we were away at Man Utd in the quarter final.

00/01, where we entered at the 1st round, in R3 won 2-0 at Huddersfield (who were in the league above us at the time), in R4 we were seconds away from getting knocked out at home to Kingstonian when Thorpe equalised with the last kick of the game, before we got beat at Leicester in the 5th round.

00/01, where we entered at the 1st round, in R3 won 2-0 at Huddersfield (who were in the league above us at the time), in R4 we were seconds away from getting knocked out at home to Kingstonian when Thorpe equalised with the last kick of the game, before we got beat at Leicester in the 5th round.

that was one of my first city games. I was six and i remember being with a family friend being held on his shoulders absolutely convinced we would equalise.... and then nearly falling off when we scored.

Good Times :dancing6:

Archived