IGNORED

World Cup 2022

wayne allisons tongues

How did Qatar did the world cup?

Now maybe being moved to the winter and may even now play some games in other countries.

What are FIFA doing, surely all these changes arent the bid document?

Why and how can they change the rules after they have the bid?

This is exactly what I was thinking earlier today.

How can Blatter show his face when he encourages the selection of Qatar and then allows them to change everything once they win it? Bungs? (allegedly)

The Aussies must be furious! (not necessarily a bad thing of course)

Platini's as bad, he suggested the same!

FIFA is screwed now, they cant put the world cup in the middle of the european season the muppets. All the big european leagues will go mental next week simple as.

There is no problem in theory with FIFA putting the tournament on in winter. Most European leagues break in winter at the moment as it is

This is exactly what I was thinking earlier today.

How can Blatter show his face when he encourages the selection of Qatar and then allows them to change everything once they win it? Bungs? (allegedly)

The Aussies must be furious! (not necessarily a bad thing of course)

Platini's as bad, he suggested the same!

Thanks for that.

Yes, we in Australia were a little miffed at only securing a single miserable vote : -and this after Australia's soccer boss Frank Lowy was given to understand that our bid was virtually "in the bag".

Come the day of the actual voting not one of the delegates would look him in the eye.

It was then that he realized that, seemingly, FIFA were operating to a rather different agenda.

The Aussies don`t care,

they have just won the rights to stage the inaugural underwater soccer world cup in Queensland,

plus the first leg of the Americas cup is happening next week, another landmark event as it is happening 240 miles inland.

How did Qatar did the world cup?

Now maybe being moved to the winter and may even now play some games in other countries.

What are FIFA doing, surely all these changes arent the bid document?

Why and how can they change the rules after they have the bid?

£££££££££££££££££ in certain peoples back pockets

The Asia cup is currently going on in Qatar ( i say Qatar, all the stadia are in Doha and this will be the case for the world cup, so it's the Doha world cup), Schwarzer and cahill are the big names from the prem that have flown out there.

The African cup of nations is around this time of year as well, the prem would lose Essien, Drogba, Gyan.

To have all the major players from the world leave their clubs mid way through a season would ruin most clubs season.

They'd need to leave early to prepare, spend as many weeks necessary out there, then have a rest when they get back. That could potentially be pushing 3 months out of a domestic season.

Even countries that have a winter break will be effected.

It still sticks in my throat about Englands bid, but as someone else as said, with Russia getting it, kind of understandable, but Qutar, was and is proving a absolute joke. I have always said the World cup should always be in one country, and if it is not possible to hold in the summer then sorry they shouldn't get it. This was all to do with the £££££'s.

for a reason, so their players get a break.....

Because of the weather.

But as has been pointed out elsewhere, by the time you take warm up games, pre-tournament squad work etc, it will impact hugely onto most leagues winter breaks.

Mind you, the World Cup final on Christmas Day instead of the Queen's speech would be good.........

Although Boxing Day with no football, just wouldn't be Christmas.

The sooner Blatter and his mini me have buggered off the better.

You wait and see but i bet once Blatter decides to retire which wont be for a while as he is currently greasing up the members who vote to re-elect him in this summers president election , that his successor will be Platini.........then we can kiss goodbye to any chance of ever holding a major tournament.

Archived