IGNORED

A Captain

bringbacktherobin

Skuse to me isnt cut out to be a captain, today he didnt show any leadership at all, none of the players showed any interest.

If none of t he players are showing a interest, surely it is the captains job to get the players going and to prove that they want it. Skuse along with the other 10 players on the field today didnt, none of the players on that pitch looked like they could be a captain.

We need one desperately!!

Skuse to me isnt cut out to be a captain, today he didnt show any leadership at all, none of the players showed any interest.

If none of t he players are showing a interest, surely it is the captains job to get the players going and to prove that they want it. Skuse along with the other 10 players on the field today didnt, none of the players on that pitch looked like they could be a captain.

We need one desperately!!

Skuse is an utterly ridiculous choice as Captain.

What other reason could there possibly be other than he is Bristolian, and that's a pathetic reason.

The same applies to Carey , who has no inspirational qualities whatsoever and disappears when things are going against us, so his comeback will make little difference.

Caulker would be my choice but the fact an 18/19 year old loanee is our most inspirational leader just shows how pathetic the other candidates are.

Still furious about today's capitulation.ranting.gif

if we look beyond Carey/Skuse for one i would say James or Stead, James is a well respected player and has been one of our best. Stead during games looks as though he gets people going and moving, numerous times i have seen if encouraging or demanding that players work harder at times.

Skuse is an utterly ridiculous choice as Captain.

What other reason could there possibly be other than he is Bristolian, and that's a pathetic reason.

The same applies to Carey , who has no inspirational qualities whatsoever and disappears when things are going against us, so his comeback will make little difference.

Caulker would be my choice but the fact an 18/19 year old loanee is our most inspirational leader just shows how pathetic the other candidates are.

Still furious about today's capitulation.ranting.gif

And me, was reminincent of last year v Carlisle in the league cup.

It hurts that we never looked like making a comeback when they went 2 up, even though half an hour left to play.

PS. Was it not a blatant penalty on Pitman in the first half ?

The captaincy played no part in today's result, we just had a poor game and put in a shit all-round performance. Fontaine would probably be my choice if Carey is injured but Skuse having the armband has worked fine in recent weeks and people weren't exactly complimenting him as captain when things were going well.

The captaincy played no part in today's result, we just had a poor game and put in a shit all-round performance. Fontaine would probably be my choice if Carey is injured but Skuse having the armband has worked fine in recent weeks and people weren't exactly complimenting him as captain when things were going well.

Probably as we were playing well, the captain should be trying to get the players going.

Probably as we were playing well, the captain should be trying to get the players going.

I think this point is amde far too much in football. I see what you're saying but the other 10 men should be professional enough to get themselve together without the Captain shouting encouragement. I'm not saying Skuse is the ideal man for the job but I do think too much emphasis can be placed on the captaincy at times, especially when we're referring to the vice-captain! At the end of the day even if Skuse was shouting encouragement today I very much doubt it will have made any difference. We were hugely disappointing and it is frustrating, but that was down to everyone.

Any player could have worn the armband in recent games.

The team was playing as a team, so there is no need for a captain too motivate players.

But like today, when things dont go to plan, players are looking for that extra drive , which a captain and leader of a team would provide.

Skuse has no qualities for leading a team or voice.

He can toss a coin, thats about it.

As been already said, City don't have a real motivator or leader.

our best bet in my opinion is marvin

Been saying this for a little while, wasn't at the races today but said it all when he misjudged a header in the Wednesday area, got straight back up and put a crunching tackle on the guy who came away with the ball. That's how a captain plays.

So Skuse was ok as a captain v Cardiff and then QPR but should'nt have been today :rofl2br: Perhaps the OP could have posted this thread at 5 to 3 today, honestly.

Sorry but i fail to see your point? who said he WAS a good captain against Cardiff and QPR? he played well yes, so did everyone else but he still lacked leadership and captain qualities like he has done all season regardless of how he and the team play.

So Skuse was ok as a captain v Cardiff and then QPR but should'nt have been today :rofl2br: Perhaps the OP could have posted this thread at 5 to 3 today, honestly.

Sorry i fail to see your point also, today was the first time in a while the players looked like they didnt care.

That is when the captain should be trying to get the players going, honestly.

Actually, I think Carey is quite a hands-on, wholehearted captain. A city fan all his life and he's played more than 500 times for us. No-one in the current set up feels a defeat more than Louis.

That said, whether he commands respect from the new boys as much as he could is a question I cannot answer.

If we need a new captain, then James would be my shout.

Archived