IGNORED

Maynard

ark_at_ee_mind

Last I heard (early/mid December I think) he'd been given the all clear to step up his training but due to the weather hadn't had a chance to get any reserve games under his belt so wasn't able to get back into the first team in time for the Christmas period, as had previously been hoped.

Not heard anything for a while, and wondered if anyone knew how far away he is from returning?

Last I heard (early/mid December I think) he'd been given the all clear to step up his training but due to the weather hadn't had a chance to get any reserve games under his belt so wasn't able to get back into the first team in time for the Christmas period, as had previously been hoped.

Not heard anything for a while, and wondered if anyone knew how far away he is from returning?

I don't think we will see him before mid February and I back it 100 percent. No reason to take any chances with Stead and Pitman available.

I don't think we will see him before mid February and I back it 100 percent. No reason to take any chances with Stead and Pitman available.

Agreed, no need to rush him back with Stead and Pitman linking up so well together. Still, mid feb now seems quite a long delay given that it was initially hoped he'd be back in time for Chistmas - the bad weather only lasted a couple of weeks!

hes been back in training for weeks and weeks! i dont see why he couldnt come on for the last 10 mins today in the cup? it would of made more sence.

Would love to see him get 10 or 20 mins against Boro next week. As I remember, he scored 2 awesome goals at home to Boro last season!

"End of the month" was what he said when signing autographs in the tunnel near the end of the game.

ive heard he needs a couple of reserve games so why the hell we havent arranged a few pronto i dont know.

Because we barely had any players fit to field a reserve team such is the extent of our injury crisis,

Gerkin

hunt, Stewart, PASS, Edwards (even though a left back)

Sproule, PASS, PASS, Haynes?

Clarkson, Maynard

Because we barely had any players fit to field a reserve team such is the extent of our injury crisis,

Gerkin

Clarkson, Maynard

Carey/Fontaine considering they need fitness and the two irish lads in the middle considering they have played in other reserve games for us whilst out on loan. Edwards at RB and Ball at LB.

Gerkin

Clarkson, Maynard

Good point. Any reserve team we fielded at present would be pretty poor, particularly given our injury situation, and woud likely get beat.

That said, aren't we supposed to have something like a 35 man squad at the minute, and looking to trim down a bit? Surely it can't be that hard to arrange a reserve fixture, particularly considering it is transfer window month and out of favour players, amongst many clubs other than ours, want a chance to play games and advertise themselves to potential suitors?

Besides, it would also give Maynard a chance to get some match action under his belt. Lets get on it! :city:

Good point. Any reserve team we fielded at present would be pretty poor, particularly given our injury situation, and woud likely get beat.

That said, aren't we supposed to have something like a 35 man squad at the minute, and looking to trim down a bit? Surely it can't be that hard to arrange a reserve fixture, particularly considering it is transfer window month and out of favour players, amongst many clubs other than ours, want a chance to play games and advertise themselves to potential suitors?

Besides, it would also give Maynard a chance to get some match action under his belt. Lets get on it! :city:

Squad of 35 or so including injuries and loanees

Gerkin

Clarkson, Maynard

Nice to see a few passes in midfield for a change!

I'll get my coat

Gerkin

Clarkson, Maynard

Marlon Jackson, Bobby Medjedoub, Ivan Sproule, Ball, Edwards, Patrick Hoban, Jimmy Keohane, Danny Rose will be able to play in the next 2/3 weeks.

Thats just off the top of my head.

Archived