IGNORED

Wednesday Left-back

Robin101

Had Adomah in his back pocket all afternoon. (How many championship players can say that?)

Beat adomah for pace.

Made the second (?) goal.

Kind of player we have to be looking at?

Agreed, I thought he was awesome today, and I would love to see a player of his ability at the Gate. As you say, he had Albert in his back pocket all afternoon (which is very rare indeed) and was equally as good going forward. Could make a real difference to our left side, as I think Danny Rose all too often has to help out Jamie Mac, which prevents him getting forward as much as he should, and JCR, although goes forward a bit more aggressively than Danny Rose, and for all of his endeavor, sometimes tries a bit too hard and takes one too many touches (as he did today, IMO).

Must admit he stood out for me as well. Have not seen Albert have such a quiet game at Ashton all season. Was not sure if Albert was just part of the concerted team effort to get out of the FA cup pretty dam quick but he is one that I am prepared to give the benefit to and agree that Jones certainly did a total number on him?

It appears he has only made two league starts for Wednesday since signing in June, but agree he was excellent today.

Has over 100 league games under his belt to date, though only a handful at Championship level. Is aged 24.

According to soccerbase he has started 8 of their league games this season and come on as sub in 6 more.......

• SC&T Board Members

According to soccerbase he has started 8 of their league games this season and come on as sub in 6 more.......

Yep, I stand corrected. The Wednesday site shows appearances as '8(6)' and I took it to mean that 6 of his 8 appearances were as sub ... but looking at other figures on their site it's clear that isn't the case and it's 14 in total, 6 as sub.

We might have found out how good he is if Albert had not refused every chance to take him on. On every occasion he cut inside and passed both the ball and the responsibility to someone else. Far and away his worst performance for us and like the rest of the team he didn't look interested.:disapointed2se:

i don't think Daniel Jones played that well it was more of the case that albert didn't play well at all and his control; all afternoon was horrible most of his touches were poor ad his dribbling wasn't the best all daniel jones did was wait till albert miscontroled it and basically passed it too him

Archived