IGNORED

David James' Column

chinapig

The latest Observer column from James is interesting. He is unique among English footballers in being intelligent, articulate and perceptive:

http://www.guardian....ked-david-james

However, having made clear the power players have to get rid of managers and how often they use it (watch your back Keith) and not suggested that is anything but a good thing, he has nothing at all to say about players having any responsibility at all for results. If he doesn't get that what chance is there that any other of our players can? He says he wants to be a manager. How I wonder would he deal with players like himself wielding their power against him?

Power without responsibility, the prerogative of the harlot throughout the ages.

Rudyard Kipling.

Good read. If you click on his name at the top of the article you get linked to all his prievous ones. If your bored one day have a read through.

Top pro, articulate, down to earth and intelligent. I think it will only be when he leaves that some people realise quite how lucky weve been to have him here. The experience he brings to the dressing room and a proven winners attitude. I for one hope Millen can persuade him to stay next season. Perhaps in a player/coach role? Doesnt seem like he would jump straight in to a big job.

On a side note if he doesnt stay next season cant wait to see Gerkens progression. If James is going to be a good manager you would hope hes doing his bit at City to bring on the squad and get a bit of practice in at the training ground. Gerken can only benefit from this. While hes on the bench cant be that happy. But I hope he sees the bigger picture and learns as much as he can, could you think of a better teacher in the lower leagues?

Yes im in thr pro dj camp :bounce:

Archived