IGNORED

Ian Holloway

TinnionForEngland

Did anybody see Holloway acting like a baby after the game against Southampton yesterday? saying that the Saints fans singing "Premier League, your having a laugh" was totally disrespectful and just sang because Saints fans are "Jealous" after their fall from grace. It's a song which, when your team's winning 2-0 against Premier League opposition, would be sang towards anyone, it's hardly offensive and he just acted in an ungracious, bitter way in my opinion but there is still plenty of City fans who think he is a legend! moron more like!!!

Hollowhead openly admitted Blackpool would not bother with the cup in an attempt to stay up. Making Southampton's victory obvious anyway.

Which in a way makes it worse he still found time to have a pop at their support, who, again were just singing a song aimed at Premier League opposition who they were beating 2-0! did he expect them to sing "2-0, and we're really sorry, 2-0, and we're really sorry!"???

Which in a way makes it worse he still found time to have a pop at their support, who, again were just singing a song aimed at Premier League opposition who they were beating 2-0! did he expect them to sing "2-0, and we're really sorry, 2-0, and we're really sorry!"???

:worship2: Spot on. Holloway always has such a bad temper about things like that. Especially about things he said he doesn't care about.

It is obvious. And can we please get this thread back on topic?

Holloway has obviously made sure the media see Blackpool as the underdog in the league that people almost feel sorry for when they lose and when they win they always get a pat on the back, and humiliation is created for the other team.

It is obvious. And can we please get this thread back on topic?

Holloway has obviously made sure the media see Blackpool as the underdog in the league that people almost feel sorry for when they lose and when they win they always get a pat on the back, and humiliation is created for the other team.

I think it's about time he realised that people appreciate he has done a fantastic job at Blackpool, i said before the start of the season i genuinely wasn't sure if i could see them reaching 10 points with strikers like Taylor Fletcher, Ormerod and Varney, but they have defied the odds, i just don't need to hear it from that bald t0sser every game.

Never could get my head around the Hollowhead love in on here with various posters. The bloke is and always has been a complete Be--end, worst of all he now thinks the media love him, and he loves his self event more. He hates this club, and for that reason alone, my feelings are mutual. :no:

Move on from the past please and give this Bristolian credit for getting his team into the Prem where they are are doing far better than most football commentators predicted for this season. Just look at the top teams they have beaten so far - do you want me to list them all ?

I can't see Blackpool establishing themselves long term as a Premier League side and although it looks likely that they will survive this season, they will probably be down the following season.

I can't say I actually like Holloway, but I admire what he has achieved in the game and these days he is the cheeky "rent a quote" manager in the Prem. Just listen to BBC R5L - he is on there regularly.

Before you remind me, I know all the history about his dislike for our club (and ours for the Gas) but that is all long ago. He has said that himself just recently.

It's like when you break up with a partner and it's all nasty and then you meet them years later and you can still get on. Let's be grown up about this.

Give him a break.

For any City fans who feel they 'love' Ian 'True Blue' Holloway let me remind you of the following -

before every derby match against City (as player and manager) he would work the players into a frenzy when speaking of his hatred for City and how they should do anything in their power to smash City.

On the occasions they were successful (too many times in the 1980s) he would lead the players off to a boozer in Cadbury Heath, Oldland Common or some other remote Gas enclave to stand on tables and sing songs of venom against the Reds.

He has done a fantastic job at Blackpool and made Rovers look completely foolhardy for dispensing with his services, but please remember this is a guy that wouldn't p*** on Ashton Gate if it was on fire.

and anyone who rates him is deluded.

Putting aside personal views of him, what do you base that on? Rate him as a man, a manager or both?

It's clear that Blackpool are punching above their weight, significantly so in fact. The talk back in the summer was that they would struggle to win a game, the new Derby and so on. That clearly has not happened.

Putting aside personal views of him, what do you base that on? Rate him as a man, a manager or both?

It's clear that Blackpool are punching above their weight, significantly so in fact. The talk back in the summer was that they would struggle to win a game, the new Derby and so on. That clearly has not happened.

To be fair, he has been crap at most places he's been at...

before every derby match against City (as player and manager) he would work the players into a frenzy when speaking of his hatred for City and how they should do anything in their power to smash City.

Perhaps Keith should have said that about Sheffield Wednesday before Saturday's game!!?

Did anybody see Holloway acting like a baby after the game against Southampton yesterday? saying that the Saints fans singing "Premier League, your having a laugh" was totally disrespectful and just sang because Saints fans are "Jealous" after their fall from grace. It's a song which, when your team's winning 2-0 against Premier League opposition, would be sang towards anyone, it's hardly offensive and he just acted in an ungracious, bitter way in my opinion but there is still plenty of City fans who think he is a legend! moron more like!!!

Hollowhead openly admitted Blackpool would not bother with the cup in an attempt to stay up. Making Southampton's victory obvious anyway.

The guy's an idiot and has no sense of irony. So it's disrespectful to make fun of a team that you're not expected to beat?!

How about not bothering to pick your first 11 against a lower league side, claiming you're not bothered with the cup and that you're rather worry about staying up? Not a shade more disrespectful?!?

Total numpty. Can't wait for it to all go tits up for him. And I'd say that even if he wasn't a sag.

The thing is with Holloway is that he needs to be the underdog. Yesterday he wasn't and therefore his whole modus operandi went down the pan.

Correct. It's an interesting strategy he plays, because especially before games vs big sides he really talks the opposition up.

To be fair, he has been crap at most places he's been at...

A bit of a mixed bag really- he got the sack by Rovers and then took QPR down granted but he was the one who established them with relative security back in CC. Plymouth he was doing an excellent job at (I think they were in and around top 5 when he quit)- most of their key players i.e. Buzaksy, Gosling, Ebanks Blake, Hayles and Norris left that January and it went downhill from there. Leicester he took down to that level for the first time ever. Had some time out of football, apparently studied a lot of different methods and changed his philosophy from pure long ball to a more attractive style which he is now showing in his fine job at Blackpool.

It's always the same with him: ''victim, victim, victim, OTT opinions this, bollox that'', If he'd dignifyingly pipe down I think much of his success would be scuppered though.

If Wayne Rooney's showing disrespect to SAF by pissing United around, so what? (what would Plymouth fans have to say about loyalty and respect using IH as a case study?) He'd hit the Man City lad who walked of down the tunnel if he'd been Mancini, apparently. Little man on a high horse I think.

IF three and a half mill for Charlie Adam is 'them taking the micky out of us' then just turn the bloody offer down - this from the self proclaimed no-nonsense honesty guy!

What a tit.

(I however do understand the meaning of irony and hypocracy so shall now quit the moral outrage approach ;-0)

Archived