IGNORED

Would He Have Gone For It?

Who Shot JR?

In a word - no.

He holds too much of a flame for City, still loves the club and the fans and has a good relationship with Steve Lansdown.

More chance of Holloway leaving Blackpool for Rovers than there ever would be of an unemployed Johnson going there.

And apart from all that - Im sure he has more respect for himself than to lower himself to Rovers level!

bottom line, why not? they have some financial troubles but not much worse than any other team outside of the premier division, and the catchment area for this region is massive. with good management and wise investment they are only one promotion away from overtaking us. unlikely to happen of course, especially the way they are going, but the rovers job has the potential to be a good one for someone who gets a bit of luck and finds the right players.

Yes definately...salary wouldnt be an issue for him or BR

His character wouldnt allow him to bypass a chance to upstage City in their own back yard

We all assume he carries a tourch for City, perhaps he does but I'll bet there was a little bit of acrimony in his parting.

Get where you're coming from mate, but don't think GJ would've gone for it

As someone else pointed out, he had a good relationship with SL, you could see that when he left. I do think that he will have a massive soft spot for City, and I'm sure he's not that petty minded to want to put one over on us on our own door step. Lets be honest though, Sir Alex couldn't put one over on us with that lot!

In a word - no.

He holds too much of a flame for City, still loves the club and the fans and has a good relationship with Steve Lansdown.

More chance of Holloway leaving Blackpool for Rovers than there ever would be of an unemployed Johnson going there.

And apart from all that - Im sure he has more respect for himself than to lower himself to Rovers level!

I agree there's more chance of Holloway going there than GJ but not for your reasons.

Rovers are going nowhere, they have no potential investment, no chance of improving beyond where they are at the moment and a board that are utterly incompetent.

GJ would never go there for that reason, not for any history with City.

Holloway is a gas **** and delusional enough to ignore the facts.

soz to repeat my earlier pun ...

Join Rovers ??...... What, & jump out of the Fry-ing pan & into the mire !! :)

Yes we saw that the first time. No need to repeat. :disapointed2se:

Back on topic, I would be absolutely devastated if he were to ever join the darkside. On the plus side I can't ever see it happening.

It would depend on how badly he needed the job...Pretty much like all of us!

However working on the assumption that Gary is not in need of the cash flow regular work would bring I would say (as stated above) not, on the basis of them being a poorly ran club with less than satisfactory support and facilities.

Keep in mind the reason he left Pboro (so say) is that he didn't see eye to eye with the board regarding direction of the club, however if you were going to engineer a departure this is the perfect time as I would suggest there are half a dozen clubs with GJ on their short-list, wouldn't you think!

Archived