IGNORED

Gillespie's Finishing Tonight

BristolBEAT

Anyone watch Steven Gillespie come on as a substitute and finish like Kevin Phillips in his prime. Second goal was Premier League class.

Colchester is also the 3rd ex city team in the country, after yeovil and exeter.

Earned us a few quid transfered from Chelts. Colchesters kick and run watched by 3,400 not something for the future though. Odejayi coming on as sub.

He saw it on the internet as he said. I always liked Gillespie when he was here, thought he would go on and score hat loads. Good finishes and fair play to him.

Always liked Gillespie too and I wrongly thought he could have a big future at City.

Natural goalscorer and real battler - I remember a hell of a knock he took to the head in a pre-season friendly at Clevedon, but kept playing.

Good lad too, more than happy to talk about City for 5 minutes when I spotted him in a newsagents in North Street once.

Good luck to him.

Yeah echo the above, always liked him, thought he had a big future here.

If memory serves, and it might well not, wasnt it Millen who pushed him into the starting XI briefly post Tinnion - pre Johnson?

Seem to remember he broke the record, held by Robbie Fowler, for goals scored in Liverpool reserves - or have I just made that up and rolled with it!?

Pretty sure he scored away at Notts Forest during the brief spell I mentioned too?

Good luck to him indeed.

Archived