IGNORED

Take The Armband From Skuse

Randy Marsh

Roberto Mancini has recently said that this is the only country in Europe that places so much emphasis on the role of the captain. Basically, on the continent the Captian is the player who has the best relationship with the team and with the management and acts as a link between the 2. Your goalkeeper should organise the defence at corners and the rest of the time the players should be capable of motivating themselves. KM is stood on the sideline and should be able to get his message across, so really the captain is there to talk to the referee ocasionally and relay message. Except on this forum where the captain is expected to be a combination of Leonidas, Winston Churchill and Boudicea

Roberto Mancini has recently said that this is the only country in Europe that places so much emphasis on the role of the captain. Basically, on the continent the Captian is the player who has the best relationship with the team and with the management and acts as a link between the 2. Your goalkeeper should organise the defence at corners and the rest of the time the players should be capable of motivating themselves. KM is stood on the sideline and should be able to get his message across, so really the captain is there to talk to the referee ocasionally and relay message. Except on this forum where the captain is expected to be a combination of Leonidas, Winston Churchill and Boudicea

:clapping: :clapping:

I do agree with all that - but I do think it would help our cause if the captain appeared to be interested in the game he was taking part in....

I don't agree with all this Skuse bashing. Fair enough he's been poor lately but most players have been a lot worse! I personally feel Lee Johnson shouldn't be anywhere near the first team, he's awful! Elliot, very poor this season overall so I'd have Skuse in CM over these 2 players. Also I'd have Skuse at RB instead of Hunt! As captain, well I can see the points made about that but then who else is there? James? no way, only here for the twilight days of his career and dosen't seem interested half the time. Elliott? Maybe but like I said has been very poor this season. Carey? Past it. Caulker? Will be a captain one day but not with us. I'd be happy with Stead or Fontaine but at a stretch as I feel we have no one who stands out at all which is a big worry.

On the subject of players form I personally feel only Albert, Stead and Caulker can hold there heads up high, a few players have been good in patches, Pitman, Skuse, Fontaine and a few others maybe. The worrying thing for me is though most of our squad are playing below what I'd expect and there doesn't seem to be anyone around to give them a kick up the ass.

Archived