IGNORED

Leroy Lita...

iWurzel

I love it how everyone got so wound up about the way Leroy celebrated.

SImple fact of the matter is we were playing like a bunch of spackers and giving him a hatload of abuse. Of course he's going to celebrate like that if when he scores!

Had we been comfortable and 2 or 3 nil up then the stick would have been funny, and even if he'd have scored the joke would have been on him.

When we're playing like shite, to be giving him a load of abuse and then whinge and boo when he gives it back...well it's just childish and it's quite amusing really how badly people get wound up about it. No doubt all the people booing like that when he celebrated were the same ones who five minutes before were shouting "LEROY, LEROY...YOU'RE A CLUCKING FUNT!"

I love it how everyone got so wound up about the way Leroy celebrated.

SImple fact of the matter is we were playing like a bunch of spackers and giving him a hatload of abuse. Of course he's going to celebrate like that if when he scores!

Had we been comfortable and 2 or 3 nil up then the stick would have been funny, and even if he'd have scored the joke would have been on him.

When we're playing like shite, to be giving him a load of abuse and then whinge and boo when he gives it back...well it's just childish and it's quite amusing really how badly people get wound up about it. No doubt all the people booing like that when he celebrated were the same ones who five minutes before were shouting "LEROY, LEROY...YOU'RE A CLUCKING FUNT!"

exactly right. I posted this on another thread, to many people love giving it out, but get angry when a player gives it back.

As I said, I dont like the bloke....but fair play to him today, I would have done exactly the same

earns to much money needs be brought back down a level

Hmm, bitter much?

Way i saw it he took an hour's abuse, when we were playing some of the worst football we've seen all season, and then enjoyed getting one up on those who had been abusing him...no brainer for me.

Interview with Lita. Fair play to him. Says:

Loves the club and appreciates what its done for him.

Celebration was for EE chants about his family (not acceptable).

Hopes we sort it all out.

Appologised for celebration (to 3 other stands).

Was annoyed at him but I think after watching that interview his celebration was acceptable if what he says is true.

Love Leroy as a player, Don't know him as a bloke and people base a lot of their opinions on stories that they've heard.

Leroy would himself admit he's made some mistakes, but he did a lot of good for this football club (unlike Rosenior, who most people wanted to forgive and come back this summer?)

He has a lot of affection still for BCFC, clearly, which in this day and age is nice. Songs about his family are off the mark, Gas head managers yes, ex players who scored hatfuls for us and hasn't said a bad word against us no.

Agree with the origional poster and i was one of the ones chanting the clucking funt chant. To be fair if i was leroy i would hav celebrated just as he did. Its just banter and part of football though. Im sure he didnt expect a great reception today after all the trouble he causes every time he comes back to bristol with the public!

If a player is being abused alot then i see it fit for them to give a bit back, it's players like Andy Gray Ex Barnsley/Burnley and Billy Sharp who have had nothing said to them, are of no real interest to the opposing club yet insist on jumping round like a maniac infront of opposition fans, that get on my nerves!!!

players shouldn't celebrate infront of opposition fans END OF

but he is a little C word

for what reason? it's ok to shout/sing abuse at a player but they shouldnt celebrate in front of the opposition fans?

If it was me i would have done exactly the same. cant stand the bloke but the way the city fans reacted was laughable!

He actually comes across fairly well in that interview. He actually seems to have less of an "attitude" to when he was here.

I actually agree with him about his celebration and i'd of done the same. I interpreted it as something someone said rather than chanted about his family so people in the EE may not necessarily hear it.

I did not hear one chant about his family, he is talking crap.

Exactly, unless he's somehow related to Dave Penney/Paul Trollope !

He was subject to the same chant as Chopra suffered, why some people sang it at LL is beyond me, totally undeserved. Seeing the hatred to him when he 'celebrated' with the 'sshh' was very sad, people should get a life and use that energy in supporting the home team !

IMO of course.

Archived