IGNORED

Age Old Problem - Lack Of Leadership

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

I was fortunate enough not to have to sit through that today, so I am relying on post match comment for my information.

We have lacked any sort of on field leadership, someone who really motivates, organises and generally cajoles his team mates. Carey has been Capatain, in my opinion, he's just had it because there has been no other candidate, last couple of years Orr wasn't shy in letting his team mates know his opinion, Hartley had some input, now there both gone.

How long since we had a decent leader on the pitch, who really aided the Manager, Taylor? (Shaun), Newman? Shelton? Tinnion? not sure I'd put Murray as a leader, but he had a big influence on and off the pitch, as did Basso.

We need a couple of players who can enforce the Managers message on the pitch, players who can lift heads that drop, can think and organise as they play, a sucession of previous Managers seem incapable of finding this type of player, I think Keith needs to find them before the window shuts.

I was fortunate enough not to have to sit through that today, so I am relying on post match comment for my information.

We have lacked any sort of on field leadership, someone who really motivates, organises and generally cajoles his team mates. Carey has been Capatain, in my opinion, he's just had it because there has been no other candidate, last couple of years Orr wasn't shy in letting his team mates know his opinion, Hartley had some input, now there both gone.

How long since we had a decent leader on the pitch, who really aided the Manager, Taylor? (Shaun), Newman? Shelton? Tinnion? not sure I'd put Murray as a leader, but he had a big influence on and off the pitch, as did Basso.

We need a couple of players who can enforce the Managers message on the pitch, players who can lift heads that drop, can think and organise as they play, a sucession of previous Managers seem incapable of finding this type of player, I think Keith needs to find them before the window shuts.

Indeed Carey was captain by default and has no leadership qualities at all. With Steve interested only in the stadium and Keith like a tailor's dummy and prepared to let the players get away with any crap at all we have none off the field either.:disapointed2se:

Obviously some direction (i.e. the manager, cvoaching staff and captain) is needed. It would be interesting to know though, if the debate about 'leadership' in a side is as widespread in Europe or if it is more about ability and technique. As I said on another thread passion and leadership though reasonably important is a bit of a red herring overall, competence, technique and quality are the real key issues.

Unfortunately, it's Hartley's recent example still being so vivid in the memory, that really shows how inept poor Cole Skuse is.

Carey isn't ideal, but it would still be hell of an improvement.

Archived