IGNORED

Hard Work...hard Work...hard Work...

dezgimed

We're gonna work hard.

Hard work on Sunday and Monday.

We're gonna go back to training and work had on this.

Etc Etc.

Jesus Millen, hard work alone isnt the answer.

SMART and CLEVER training is needed. They need to be TOLD how to play. Effort alone isnt the solution to this.

WELL IF YOU KNOW HOW ITS DONE HOW COME YOU ARE NOT A CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER???

:innocent06::surrender:

Ha, I dont have a ******g clue, but its not my job.

Van der Vaart used to moan about Jose Mourinho lecturing the players formally about positioning, pressing, tactics etc. He doesnt just go out and make them run around.

Technically we need to improve alot, we dont do much triangular pass and move stuff.

The question is whether the coaching staff are intelligent enough in their work to improve us.

yeah was thinking this:

"we'll have a re-think and in training on monday we'll work hard"

"we'll work hard to get it right"

then the occasional:

"theyll be getting a DVD to watch"

repitive and boring interviews from millen

I thought the interview was a good one. Millen acknowedged the poor performance and the lack of effort from the players. He also acknowledged the lack of leadership.

The most telling thing about his interview was he admitted we dont have the team or the creativity to play the "triangular passes" and cute fancy football, and he's right. Our strengths are our pace, our energy levels and tactic of pressing all over the pitch.

Today was an example of that side of our game not being there and we got dicked. So Hard work is the answer. we need to get our players fit and hungry enough to do what they do when we are good. because those are the limitations millen has with this squad.

I thought the interview was a good one. Millen acknowedged the poor performance and the lack of effort from the players. He also acknowledged the lack of leadership.

The most telling thing about his interview was he admitted we dont have the team or the creativity to play the "triangular passes" and cute fancy football, and he's right. Our strengths are our pace, our energy levels and tactic of pressing all over the pitch.

Today was an example of that side of our game not being there and we got dicked. So Hard work is the answer. we need to get our players fit and hungry enough to do what they do when we are good. because those are the limitations millen has with this squad.

Well it sounds like we're becoming a Stoke as opposed to a Blackpool, which is worrying.

Well it sounds like we're becoming a Stoke as opposed to a Blackpool, which is worrying.

Not at all, High tempo doesn't neccessarily mean "long ball"

Blackpool are lucky to have a player like Charlie Adam, He has that creative instinct that is so rare at this level. It's been the case for years that City play at their best on the counter attack... it's gonna take Millen a few seasons to completely overhaul the squad and change that.

Not at all, High tempo doesn't neccessarily mean "long ball"

Blackpool are lucky to have a player like Charlie Adam, He has that creative instinct that is so rare at this level. It's been the case for years that City play at their best on the counter attack... it's gonna take Millen a few seasons to completely overhaul the squad and change that.

Blackpool have played decent footy for years, long before Adam, I just used them as an example.

I'd rather we had some technical nouse than just hustle and bustle.

Ha, I dont have a ******g clue, but its not my job.

Van der Vaart used to moan about Jose Mourinho lecturing the players formally about positioning, pressing, tactics etc. He doesnt just go out and make them run around.

Technically we need to improve alot, we dont do much triangular pass and move stuff.

The question is whether the coaching staff are intelligent enough in their work to improve us.

Correct- Technique, technical ability etc are all important. To your point about the coaching staff though, I would also add this; do we have players of sufficent tactical nous and footballing intelligence to carry out these more complex tactics?

Well, as a starting point let's make it at least slightly difficult to score against us rather than parting like the Red Sea whenever the opposition attacks.

Today's back four (the excellent Caulker apart) comprised two midfielders and a poor centre back who was playing left back, yet the subs bench contained 3 experienced centre backs! This a week after we'd let in 3 at home to a League One side, too.

We cannot bring in as many new players as we actually need or we'd have a squad that was nearer to 40 than the 33 it is at present, but as a base to build from let's give Elliott a central midfield partner who will tackle as well and have a defence made up of defenders who will at least attempt to defend.......

Every manager says the same after a loss, what would you like KM to say?

Tell a few jokes to liven the interview up?.

No, every manager does not say the same thing after a loss, and they try to say something a little bit different in each interview.

Millen is like a broken record - he just repeats the same boring old sh*t every time he speaks to the media.

Where's his energy?..... or some flash of inspiration?

He just drones on and on and basically says sod all of any value ..... zzzz! zzzz!

He leaves everyone in a comatose state. He sends more people to sleep than Paul McKenna and Derren Brown.

If he's such a good hypnotist, he should hypnotise the players and make them believe they're all world-beaters.

Why doesn't he just be totally frank and say

"You know what.... I don't know what the **** I'm doing and haven't got a clue how to sort out the mess I helped to create"

- at least I could then respect him for being honest.

We're gonna work hard.

Hard work on Sunday and Monday.

We're gonna go back to training and work had on this.

Etc Etc.

Jesus Millen, hard work alone isnt the answer.

SMART and CLEVER training is needed. They need to be TOLD how to play. Effort alone isnt the solution to this.

its like listening to Gary Jonson all over again

Archived