IGNORED

Defence

beaverface

Right, let's get the defence back to as close as damn it as it was when we went on our unbeaten run.

Carey - Right back, Caulker and Fontaine in the middle and until McCalister is back, Nytanga at left back.

It's our most experienced line up, and Carey does offer a little bit more when coming forward also.

Albert and Stead have got to start and the rest of the positions we can tinker with.

Indeed, players are getting to back fitness now, Cisse and Nyatanga straight out.

Skuse hasn't done too badly but is needed in until we can get another midfielder in.

Who plays LB, then? McAllister hasn't even started training!

Fontaine is so inconsistent you never know what you're going to get any more but clearly Cisse won't play there after today and Stewart is back out of favour so he'll get back in by default.

I'd expect the OP's back four of Carey, Caulker, Fontaine and Nyatanga to line up at Palace.

Who plays LB, then? McAllister hasn't even started training!

Fontaine is so inconsistent you never know what you're going to get any more but clearly Cisse won't play there after today and Stewart is back out of favour so he'll get back in by default.

I'd expect the OP's back four of Carey, Caulker, Fontaine and Nyatanga to line up at Palace.

I might swap Fonts & Nyatanga round, Fonts offers slightly more going forward, don't think Lewin got past the half way line today. Thought the 'boro LB was a tidy player.

Archived