IGNORED

Lack Of Entertainment

Robin Wood

cant believe the amount of times we get well beaten at home,the only time we win [except cardiff} we grind out results we are a poor team. away from home we are being battered and unless we get lucky as at qpr we will not get results . the next few league games will see us sucked into an almighty dog-fight because this team does not have the quality to dominate and dictate the play . i really cannot see the point of playing players out of position i think this really only heaps more pressure on players but also frustrates fans and only increases pressure on manager.this team is in real danger of going down pick three teams worse us because i can only think of two because others will improve and i dont think our manager can improve on what he has

cant believe the amount of times we get well beaten at home,the only time we win [except cardiff} we grind out results we are a poor team. away from home we are being battered and unless we get lucky as at qpr we will not get results . the next few league games will see us sucked into an almighty dog-fight because this team does not have the quality to dominate and dictate the play . i really cannot see the point of playing players out of position i think this really only heaps more pressure on players but also frustrates fans and only increases pressure on manager.this team is in real danger of going down pick three teams worse us because i can only think of two because others will improve and i dont think our manager can improve on what he has

Welcome to the forum. I bet you are a barrel of fun at parties. However, I do agree about playing players out of position, and it seems to be a Bristol City thing that sometimes you can have four centre backs playing in defence. I always believe that, if a right back gets injured the replacement should be the guy who plays right back for the reserves. Switching the whole team around to accomodate certain players is asking for trouble. On another note, can anyone explain why Millen decided to go with 3 centre halves on the bench today? At home for crying out loud.

Welcome to the forum. I bet you are a barrel of fun at parties. However, I do agree about playing players out of position, and it seems to be a Bristol City thing that sometimes you can have four centre backs playing in defence. I always believe that, if a right back gets injured the replacement should be the guy who plays right back for the reserves. Switching the whole team around to accomodate certain players is asking for trouble. On another note, can anyone explain why Millen decided to go with 3 centre halves on the bench today? At home for crying out loud.

Good players can play in more than one position, god sake. Football has changed greatly since the 'round pegs round holes' argument was true across the board tbh. A good quote on this in fact:

Football used to be an easy game. The big lads played at centre-half and centre-forward, the hard lads played at full-back, the bright lads played at inside forward, the hard lads who were a bit bright and the bright lads who were a bit hard played at wing-half, and the little, quick lads played on the wing. Left-footers played on the left and right-footers played on the right. And the one with no mates went in goal.

Eight decades on, and it's all rather more complicated, and not just because not all goalkeepers these days are entirely socially dysfunctional. Wingers disappeared for a while, and became a luxury item, almost a museum piece, but now they're back, all over the place, and the tendency is for them to play on the opposite flank.

It really has changed- you can find countless examples in recent years of players playing all over the place, clever tactical ploys, fluidity, movement etc mostly to good effect.

As for the OP- I don't know, 38 goals already seen at AG in the League this year is around 2.7 per game not bad really...:tumbleweed:

Good players can play in more than one position, god sake. Football has changed greatly since the 'round pegs round holes' argument was true across the board tbh. A good quote on this in fact:

It really has changed- you can find countless examples in recent years of players playing all over the place, clever tactical ploys, fluidity, movement etc mostly to good effect.

You would think so, and dear old Benny certainly did when he was manager. But he was reckoning without the culture of English football and the hopeless inadequacy in the coaching of youngsters. In this country they are likely to to be told they are a left back or whatever at the age of 8 and that's it for life. Furthermore the emphasis is on strength and stamina not skill; a young Messi, Xavi or Iniesta would be told to go away because they are too small. So what you say is true in Europe perhaps but not in England imo. :disapointed2se:

Archived