IGNORED

Our Fans Without A Football Brain

steviestevieneville

This is for all idiot city fans without a ******, clue that blames millen. The unbalance in our squad is really telling now. I am not a gj hater, in fact he done a brilliant job for about four years, but he left us with no cover for either full back position, a very weak center midfield and no quality out wide (spoule). In my opinion marv is shit, i played at local level standard all my life and had a better touch than he has(no not joking),he's got as much a footballing brain as the thickest gas head has had or ever will have and little lee just gets out muscled, we have no leaders on the field and that includes carey (when fit) and as for any ass hole blaming pitman or stead like some did on radio Bristol, how would you like to play up top with no ****** service. Put it this way, we have lots of players without the ability to push this club forward but it can't be done overnight. Imho we need to move about 15 players out and get about 7 in but with much more ability. How the **** Ivan is a professional footballer is amazing.

Surly this is just a matter of opinion though? for example; just because you dont rate Elliot and others do does not mean they have a lack of football knowledge! you also have to remember that people will often say things that they wouldnt normaly say after a defeat, especially a 4-0 defeat! i wouldnt take everything to heart all of the time and just relax and let people post what they like, its a public forum afterall! were all here for the same reason and thats to have a good debate, not sl@g eachother off!

I agree with the poster above. I think you sound pretty arrogant in fact. I don't understand all of this footballing brian etc! We don't a have a magic formula in football as that would make it boring. Football is all about opinion, that's why debates are being had everyday of the week, up and down the country and all over the world. It really gets to me when you hear someone saying you haven't got a "footballing Brain". And why is someone with this "footballing brain" not managing? Or playing at a good standard as surely this "footballing brain" is always right? I wish people would just accept that people have different opinions and deal with it.

My question to the original poster is this. With your footballing and far more intelligent and superior brain, how would you sort the squad out? Who would you buy? And who would you sell? Who would you have as captain and why? What formation would you play and explain the reasons? As my normal knowledge brain would like to know to correct answers from a footballing one.

I agree with the poster above. I think you sound pretty arrogant in fact. I don't understand all of this footballing brian etc! We don't a have a magic formula in football as that would make it boring. Football is all about opinion, that's why debates are being had everyday of the week, up and down the country and all over the world. It really gets to me when you hear someone saying you haven't got a "footballing Brain". And why is someone with this "footballing brain" not managing? Or playing at a good standard as surely this "footballing brain" is always right? I wish people would just accept that people have different opinions and deal with it.

My question to the original poster is this. With your footballing and far more intelligent and superior brain, how would you sort the squad out? Who would you buy? And who would you sell? Who would you have as captain and why? What formation would you play and explain the reasons? As my normal knowledge brain would like to know to correct answers from a footballing one.

the original poster ain't slagging anyone off, he has made some very good points imo.

This is for all idiot city fans without a ******, clue that blames millen. The unbalance in our squad is really telling now. I am not a gj hater, in fact he done a brilliant job for about four years, but he left us with no cover for either full back position, a very weak center midfield and no quality out wide (spoule). In my opinion marv is shit, i played at local level standard all my life and had a better touch than he has(no not joking),he's got as much a footballing brain as the thickest gas head has had or ever will have and little lee just gets out muscled, we have no leaders on the field and that includes carey (when fit) and as for any ass hole blaming pitman or stead like some did on radio Bristol, how would you like to play up top with no ****** service. Put it this way, we have lots of players without the ability to push this club forward but it can't be done overnight. Imho we need to move about 15 players out and get about 7 in but with much more ability. How the **** Ivan is a professional footballer is amazing.

Yeah all GJ's fault, he only left 10 ******* months ago so no real time to replace anyone then.

Its now midway through Jan, we all know what we need and have done for months and months yet still were without these vital players with no sign of any decent player joining us, we need to get through this season and ditch about 8 players to bring in 4 proper championship quality players whilst keeping Caulker for another year,

James

xxxx Fonts Caulker xxxx

Albert Elliott xxxx xxxx/Rose

Stead Maynard/Pitman

This is how i would look to go with xxxx representing a new player, 4 real championship quality players would make all the difference to our current first 11, I would look to move all of the following on in the summer

Skuse,JCR, Macca, LJ, Carey (injury prone), Nyatanga, Sproule, stewart, Cisse, Hunt, Clarkson,

Bit pissed last night when i wrote the original thread and angry, didn't mean to come across arrogant. Having said that i still stand by what i wrote largly. marv is obviously not shit to be a pro, but is out of his depth in terms of quality on the ball,his first touch is awful. Yes this forum is all about opinions and in mine i believe gj did leave us with unbalance throughout the squad and it's unrealistic for people to think Millen can wave a magic wand and clear out the dead wood. Gary never bought cover for either full back which is a major problem at the moment.We badly need a leader on the pitch,Hartley was that type of person and pehaps if the rumours are true Danns could replace him. Regarding players out mine would be, Ivan,Haynes,Jackson,Hunt,Gav,Stewart,Akindi,Nyatanga. Sorry there may be more just can't think of them at the moment. Replacing them with quality though is the hard bit i just hope Millens scouting network is good enough, after all it was Twentyman that pointed the club in the direction of caulker.As regards the post about a footalling brain i mean someone who reads the game well,anticipates what's happening next. Experts always said about teddy sheringham that he was slow but two yards quicker in his mind. We do have players with quickness of thought, Bret, Stead,James,Caulker to name a few but imho marv and ivan do not which at the level we're playing at is poor.I don't want people to think however that i don't like Marv, he has a place in the side imo but doing what he can do well which is sitting in front the back four breaking up attacks and giving simple balls to players who have better quality on the ball. Problem is finding that quality.

Bit pissed last night when i wrote the original thread and angry, didn't mean to come across arrogant. Having said that i still stand by what i wrote largly. marv is obviously not shit to be a pro, but is out of his depth in terms of quality on the ball,his first touch is awful. Yes this forum is all about opinions and in mine i believe gj did leave us with unbalance throughout the squad and it's unrealistic for people to think Millen can wave a magic wand and clear out the dead wood. Gary never bought cover for either full back which is a major problem at the moment.We badly need a leader on the pitch,Hartley was that type of person and pehaps if the rumours are true Danns could replace him. Regarding players out mine would be, Ivan,Haynes,Jackson,Hunt,Gav,Stewart,Akindi,Nyatanga. Sorry there may be more just can't think of them at the moment. Replacing them with quality though is the hard bit i just hope Millens scouting network is good enough, after all it was Twentyman that pointed the club in the direction of caulker.As regards the post about a footalling brain i mean someone who reads the game well,anticipates what's happening next. Experts always said about teddy sheringham that he was slow but two yards quicker in his mind. We do have players with quickness of thought, Bret, Stead,James,Caulker to name a few but imho marv and ivan do not which at the level we're playing at is poor.I don't want people to think however that i don't like Marv, he has a place in the side imo but doing what he can do well which is sitting in front the back four breaking up attacks and giving simple balls to players who have better quality on the ball. Problem is finding that quality.

For what it's worth, I totally agree with you. Forgetting the footballing brains of our fans, the player with the best football brain left us last season and that player was Paul Hartley and he still has not been replaced and that's why we often struggle to overcome relatively crap opposition. Let's hope you're right with Danns being the long awaited replacement for Hartley.

On the subject of Marv, I thought he had a decent game yesterday. Yes, he has his limitations - he isn't a great passer or very creative. But yesterday, I thought he showed a lot of passion and really got stuck in. Marv is Marv and what he does he did really well yesterday.

I'm not a Johnson knocker. but I was disappointed with him yesterday. He didn't show enough desire for me. In truth, I think he needed someone to have a word in his ear. As you and many others can see we're lacking leaders. It's been said many times before my many people now, but we still have the Harltey shaped hole in midfield.

I wonder what Nicky Butt is doing these days? Not sure how old he is now, but I haven't heard his name for a while, someone in his mould would be just the ticket in my opinion.

On the subject of Marv, I thought he had a decent game yesterday. Yes, he has his limitations - he isn't a great passer or very creative. But yesterday, I thought he showed a lot of passion and really got stuck in. Marv is Marv and what he does he did really well yesterday.

I'm not a Johnson knocker. but I was disappointed with him yesterday. He didn't show enough desire for me. In truth, I think he needed someone to have a word in his ear. As you and many others can see we're lacking leaders. It's been said many times before my many people now, but we still have the Harltey shaped hole in midfield.

I wonder what Nicky Butt is doing these days? Not sure how old he is now, but I haven't heard his name for a while, someone in his mould would be just the ticket in my opinion.

I believe he is playing in Hong Kong.

being nice don't come into it, he limited as a footballer, passing is the first thing that comes to mind.you can't get by with just being physical,would never doubt his commitment though

agree 100%, passion alone won't keep us up and to be honest it's gonna be a long winter after yesterday's performance

It's been said many times before my many people now, but we still have the Harltey shaped hole in midfield.

Neil Danns may be joining us according to rumour. OK, Danns may not be as good as Hartley was but he'll be a massive impovement on Lee Johnson in taking the team forward in attack. Danns was full of running and passing when he played against us - just the player we need in our midfield engine room. As for Nicholas Butt, I believe he's 36 this year so he may be too old or may be good for a season with us to steady our midfield.

Neil Danns may be joining us according to rumour. OK, Danns may not be as good as Hartley was but he'll be a massive impovement on Lee Johnson in taking the team forward in attack. Danns was full of running and passing when he played against us - just the player we need in our midfield engine room. As for Nicholas Butt, I believe he's 36 this year so he may be too old or may be good for a season with us to steady our midfield.

You're right Danns would be a massive improvement. Funnily enough talking about not replacing Hartley, I also came to realise that we also never replaced Evander Sno. It's slightly ironic that we couldn't find time to play him in his proper position last season, yet if he'd been here this year (heart attack excepted) he'd have walked into that central mid spot.

Still let's hope for Danns.

Anyway, good to see you back on the forum Gobbo.

You're right Danns would be a massive improvement. Funnily enough talking about not replacing Hartley, I also came to realise that we also never replaced Evander Sno. It's slightly ironic that we couldn't find time to play him in his proper position last season, yet if he'd been here this year (heart attack excepted) he'd have walked into that central mid spot.

Still let's hope for Danns.

Anyway, good to see you back on the forum Gobbo.

I also thought Evander Sno was a central midfielder as well but he always seemed to be played out wide while here. I can't remember now but did we ever play Sno and Hartley together in centre midfield last season? If we don't get Danns then I reckon the club should still pull out all the stops to get another decent central midfielder - another midfield player from Glasgow Celtic would probably do the trick.

but Marv is sh*t, and has been for the last couple of seasons. He is out of contract at the end of the season I heard?, I personally would be looking to replace him before offering him a new one

The seasons after he was included in the PFA Team of The Year I take it?

I do find it funny that the OP says some fans don't have footballing brains only to then suggest that Marv is a crap footballer - who was voted Young Player of the Year at our club and also included in the PFA Team of the Year for the 2008 season? He then also questions how Ivan ever got to be a professional footballer - someone who has represented their country? (OK only Northern Ireland but still).

Funny how these two apparently footballing charlatans have fooled so many people throughout their careers?

The seasons after he was included in the PFA Team of The Year I take it?

I do find it funny that the OP says some fans don't have footballing brains only to then suggest that Marv is a crap footballer - who was voted Young Player of the Year at our club and also included in the PFA Team of the Year for the 2008 season? He then also questions how Ivan ever got to be a professional footballer - someone who has represented their country? (OK only Northern Ireland but still).

Funny how these two apparently footballing charlatans have fooled so many people throughout their careers?

Marv has had one glorious season, followed by what will be 3 very bad ones. Plenty of players down the years have done it. A good player performs consistantly to a good standard....Marv hasnt im afraid.

Ive lost count of the amount of times Ive heard "we need Marv to return to form.....", 2 and a half seasons later and were still waiting for it.

As for Ivan Sproule....please! By your logic, Andy Smith is a great player then....I mean, he has 7 caps more for Northern Ireland then Ivan Sproule!! lets bring him back

To be fair I think we are carrying so many players below par at the moment even the better oness are getting dragged down to their level. when we replace the deadwood in the side and field genuine quality from 1 to 11 only then will the Steads, Elliotts and Adomahs shine week in week out.

Cisse,Nyatanga,Skuse,Johnson,JCR would not get near my starting 11.

To be fair I think we are carrying so many players below par at the moment even the better oness are getting dragged down to their level. when we replace the deadwood in the side and field genuine quality from 1 to 11 only then will the Steads, Elliotts and Adomahs shine week in week out.

Cisse,Nyatanga,Skuse,Johnson,JCR would not get near my starting 11.

Pitman and Stead look to be genuine strikers with a hell of a lot more assists and goals to come from them. If only we had a good balanced midfield to give them some proper service.

Archived