IGNORED

Just A Thought....

LongwellRed

Remember how each and every one of the players responded to the atmosphere generated by us fans at the Reading home game ? (and a number of them made comments about it)..

Well Saturday was like a complete morgue even before the goals started going in. Even if we are playing rubbish like we are at the moment, we need to be contesting every decision the ref makes against us to try and influence him as much as possible etc etc.. Tell you what, let's all wait 'til we're in the relegation zone again before we start getting behind them. No wonder they all look like they are shitting themselves at the mo.

Of course we need to ship a few players out and get some quality in but we are where we are and I for one don't want to be back in League One for a long long time if ever. Just a thought...

Remember how each and every one of the players responded to the atmosphere generated by us fans at the Reading home game ? (and a number of them made comments about it)..

Well Saturday was like a complete morgue even before the goals started going in. Even if we are playing rubbish like we are at the moment, we need to be contesting every decision the ref makes against us to try and influence him as much as possible etc etc.. Tell you what, let's all wait 'til we're in the relegation zone again before we start getting behind them. No wonder they all look like they are shitting themselves at the mo.

Of course we need to ship a few players out and get some quality in but we are where we are and I for one don't want to be back in League One for a long long time if ever. Just a thought...

I bet the players wish you were thier manager with excuses like that one! Also the sort of crud excuse GJ would of used after a poor performance.

You need to remember a vast majority of people do not go to football to sing and call people c**ts. Plyers are the pro's get paid well to do a job. End of Im afraid.

For me, it's all far too predictable hence the lack of decent atmosphere. Bar the Cardiff game where we actually played football for the first 5-10 minutes, we start every game in the same way. Hopelessly non-cohesive passing which gets progressively longer and then allows the opposition to attack on us. We then sit back further and further, don't close their players down and before we know it are on the back foot for the first half. It's not going to really get people going Imo that is to say.

im sorry this is complete nonsense....i sit in dolman block e row z the atmosphere is as so dry up there its incredible....i will try and lift the crowd during a game but it becomes hard when the quality on offer is so cr@p it hardly seems worth it....this team is turining out drivel week in week out so im sorry if they dont show effort im not going to either....

there was more entertainment in the fight between 2 city fans after the match on saturday at back of east end than their was in the 74 mins i cud be bothered to watch

Chichen and egg scenario !

Crowd raise team, team raise the crowd !

Well someone has to start and its obviously easier if we do it.

Ashton Gate is bloody awful these days. Why have we got to wait until city do something?

Examples that annoy me ?

When we get a corner a few strain and i mean strain "Come on you Reds" twice at the most and it dies out. Hardly inspiring.

What if we all chanted "Come on City " repeatedly at the tops of our voices instead ??

And as for needing the excuse for us to be playing well....well we were three up versus Cardiff yet Id hardly say the crowd was celebrating emphatically

On a wider note regarding atmosphere how about reviving the ultras idea once more?

Palace are as bad if not worse than us- and I know they're not popular on here but I was quite impressed with their fans when we played them at Christmas period. People say it's due to bad football, but IMO the mark of true fans is to get the atmosphere going before hand. As I say Palace are a poor side indeed but they do seem to have fairly good fans.

On a wider note regarding atmosphere how about reviving the ultras idea once more?

Palace are as bad if not worse than us- and I know they're not popular on here but I was quite impressed with their fans when we played them at Christmas period. People say it's due to bad football, but IMO the mark of true fans is to get the atmosphere going before hand. As I say Palace are a poor side indeed but they do seem to have fairly good fans.

It seems to have died a death sadly.

Archived