IGNORED

Mr Noble

mightyreds89

Just watching Exeter V brentford David noble still a joy to watch with a ball at his feet if only he had his head on it whilst he was here! He could have made it big time! Admitidley he is only playing brentford!

really and what is your justification in saying this.....in nearly all walks of life you get out either what you put in or what your abilitly dictates.....im sorry apart from a few momets of glory he seemed like a total waste of space who has found his level

Just watching Exeter V brentford David noble still a joy to watch with a ball at his feet if only he had his head on it whilst he was here! He could have made it big time! Admitidley he is only playing brentford!

He was always very sound in possession for sure, and he scored a great goal vs Palace 1st leg. It is a lower level but I think he was underrated when with us.

For a player who made such a great impact when given the chance at this level

it's embrassing that people believe he's "found his level" at league one. Missed around 15months due to a bad injury, now getting back to full fitness.

Will be back in championship level before too long without doubt

To be honest I'd rather have him at the club than Gavin williams

In my opinion, one of the best creative midfielders we have ever had. On his day, absolute clasd with the ball and totally unplayable.

His goals against Rotherham and Palace will stay with me until my dying day.

Good to see someone talking sense.

Granted he had bad days, but his good days were truly sensational.

He is awesome! Alot of fans bitter over his ability simply because he likes a piss up, rather like Lita.

He could have been awesome......but the fact he enjoyed his social life to much really held him back. Not many players in this day and age can get away with making it big style in the game, whilst juggling the social life Nobes had.

The bloke really could have gone on to bigger and better things then us, I believe it was Gazza who described him as one of the "best talents I have seen" when he was on the coaching staff at Barnet.

The difference between Lita and Nobes, was although Lita liked going out a lot, you would very rarely see him pi*sed up. Noble and Keogh were like to peas in a pod, proper pis*heads. Down the years other players like this ive seen in countless pis*sed up messes include Coles, Simon Bryant (the SAG), etc......its no coincedence these players go backwards, instead of forwards. Even Tommy Doherty to a certain extent, if he concentrated more on keeping fit, a cut out the booze and fags.....who knows

The real shame is he isnt awesome......with great respect to Exeter, "awesome" players dont play for Exeter in League 1......he COULD have, and SHOULD have been awesome

1 good game 4 bad ones people have selective memory's with Noble,

He wasted his talent because he like the ale if he kept off it he'd of still be in the championship,

He was a free transfer for a while before he got injured and no championship clubs were looking at him says it all about the bloke for me,

Glad he's back from injury but he's not as good as some city fans will lead you to beleave like Nick Carle

For me Noble had the talent but not the pace. Once thing that frustrated me was he kept getting caught in possesion on occasions in the middle. Whether this was an effect of his social life I don't know. Having said that, I was gutted when he left.

MM

Definitely one of the most talented players we've had in recent years, but also one of the most bone idle in my opinion. Was fine with the ball at his feet and a bit of space, useless the rest of the time. Could have been a Premier League player, will only ever be a league 1 journeyman in my opinion

He could have been awesome......but the fact he enjoyed his social life to much really held him back. Not many players in this day and age can get away with making it big style in the game, whilst juggling the social life Nobes had.

The bloke really could have gone on to bigger and better things then us, I believe it was Gazza who described him as one of the "best talents I have seen" when he was on the coaching staff at Barnet.

The difference between Lita and Nobes, was although Lita liked going out a lot, you would very rarely see him pi*sed up. Noble and Keogh were like to peas in a pod, proper pis*heads. Down the years other players like this ive seen in countless pis*sed up messes include Coles, Simon Bryant (the SAG), etc......its no coincedence these players go backwards, instead of forwards. Even Tommy Doherty to a certain extent, if he concentrated more on keeping fit, a cut out the booze and fags.....who knows

The real shame is he isnt awesome......with great respect to Exeter, "awesome" players dont play for Exeter in League 1......he COULD have, and SHOULD have been awesome

Gazza also took a fishing rod, some chicken and beer to a crazed killer on the loose.... ;)

My ref to Lita was more off field activities clouding judgement over ability, but I'd still say Noble was awesome at times.

There'll always be a place for Noble in my heart... Into the last few minutes, in the play off semi final, we'd just conceded and to be honest a draw wouldnt have been a bad result... from nowhere he absolutely smashed that ball... one of the best goals Ive seen live and the celebrations that followed were epic... looking back at that day I would still rate in my top 5 games I have been to

There'll always be a place for Noble in my heart... Into the last few minutes, in the play off semi final, we'd just conceded and to be honest a draw wouldnt have been a bad result... from nowhere he absolutely smashed that ball... one of the best goals Ive seen live and the celebrations that followed were epic... looking back at that day I would still rate in my top 5 games I have been to

Could'nt agree more - it was mental in the away end

Definitely one of the most talented players we've had in recent years, but also one of the most bone idle in my opinion. Was fine with the ball at his feet and a bit of space, useless the rest of the time. Could have been a Premier League player, will only ever be a league 1 journeyman in my opinion

League 1 journeyman? still a division or two higher than a certain midfielder at AG i can name who amazingly is still plying his tade at Championship level

1 good game 4 bad ones people have selective memory's with Noble,

He wasted his talent because he like the ale if he kept off it he'd of still be in the championship,

He was a free transfer for a while before he got injured and no championship clubs were looking at him says it all about the bloke for me,

Glad he's back from injury but he's not as good as some city fans will lead you to beleave like Nick Carle

Define a while???? He was free for a matter of weeks before he got injured jogging

He would have joined Championship club sooner had Johnson allowed him, but although he didn't want noble himself, he didnt want him going to other championship club hence why Palace and Plymouth got loan offers rejected.

Wouldnt be surprised to see him back at the gate next season for a away team

Define a while???? He was free for a matter of weeks before he got injured jogging

He would have joined Championship club sooner had Johnson allowed him, but although he didn't want noble himself, he didnt want him going to other championship club hence why Palace and Plymouth got loan offers rejected.

Wouldnt be surprised to see him back at the gate next season for a away team

Johnson persevered with him longer than most and I believe tried to get him to behave more as an athlete and less like a P***head, unfortunately theres no point in keep knocking if you know there`s no one in.

Sad waste of talent, isn`t the first and won`t be the last.

For me Noble had the talent but not the pace. Once thing that frustrated me was he kept getting caught in possesion on occasions in the middle. Whether this was an effect of his social life I don't know. Having said that, I was gutted when he left.

MM

How important is pace provided the correct formation is in place though? Look at some of the great playmakers- Pirlo, Xavi, Alonso- none of them are the quickest but they've done alright...Hence why you would need a tough tackler one side and a ball winner the other side to get the best of him. Just having him as one of a central 2 surely wouldn't work and so it proved.

4-4-2 doesn't suit that type of football, we need to progress and move to that extra man in midfield to move forwards in the longer term.

Archived