IGNORED

Brighton Keeper

Martyn Hocking

If you've seen highlights of the Brighton v Swindon game on Wednesday, you will have witnessed one of the most inept displays of goalkeeping you could ever wish to see.

Ben Roberts in the Brighton goal flapped at every cross, came for balls he should have left, and parried ones he should have caught. Even the commentator on Meridian (Brighton's HTV) was slagging him off.

He was directly responsible for the first Swindon goal and unsettled his whole defence - a unit that had not previously conceded a goal for 9 hours.

Now it has to be said it was raining cats and dogs, but this boy is definitely dodgy on crosses from near the corner flag.

Danny will clearly have watched this performance and must now play with two attacking wide players from the start if he wants to win the game in 90 minutes - Murray has to play wide right from the start, either with Rougier or Goodfellow on the left flank.

Roberts has got to start up front, with either Peacock or Miller depending on Lee's fitness.

If Woodman is in the starting XI and Murray on the bench, I will scream!

Well_Red

The same Ben Roberts was our reserve-keeper not so long ago (we had him on loan from Sjoke when we were short of goalies)

I think we had a lucky escape there !

i think youl find that it wasnt him. the keeper we had on loan from stoke was a chap called neil cutler i think,he never played a game though. ben roberts has never been with us :P

Roberts did play for Boro in their F.A. Cup run (including the games against Chesterfield) He also as quoted above conceded the quickest ever cup final goal.

I don't think he ever played for us or was even on the bench as he joined someone permantley rather than be on loan (might of been Brighton)

I don't think Neil Cutler joined us, I thought it was Boaz Myhill from Villa? :D

Archived