IGNORED

Tisdale & Brentford V Exeter

punnett

Watched the Johnstone area final last night, much better game than the Premier dross served up on so called "Super Sunday" Exeter were superb playing wonderful quick fluid football on an awful pitch and night, manager Tisdale has already won SIX promotions at just 38 years of age, the man is obviously a winner and someone i would love to see at the Gate, a strange fact about Exeters team last night was that they only had 1 player in the team over 6 foot tall, surely quite rare at that level of football

I thought he would be a good choice after johnson left. Promising young manager, good track record, seems to bring the best out of limited players, capable of achieving success whilst working with a limited budget, shrewd signings - he seemed a good bet to me, especially as we were at the stage of needing a complete team overhaul, and funds were likely to be far more limited than previously.

I think he did not appeal to many fans because he is not a 'Big Name', and his touchline demeanour is more 'Country Gentleman' than 'Mad Dervish', and apparently if you don't act like the latter, you have no passion!

I also watched it and was hugely impressed.

Despite Griffin Park resembling a ploughed field and Brentford, apart from their very impressive left winger Myles Weston, as has always been the case, being disciples of long ball, kick it miles in the air, Exeter played lovely one touch football and Tisdale clearly has done wonders there.

When KM goes (and who knows? that could be three years or six months) I do hope we make very effort to speak to Tisdale and the fact that he grew up in Bath does us no harm either, that is provided of course he's not got a much bigger job than us by then.....

Watched the Johnstone area final last night, much better game than the Premier dross served up on so called "Super Sunday" Exeter were superb playing wonderful quick fluid football on an awful pitch and night, manager Tisdale has already won SIX promotions at just 38 years of age, the man is obviously a winner and someone i would love to see at the Gate, a strange fact about Exeters team last night was that they only had 1 player in the team over 6 foot tall, surely quite rare at that level of football

Good attacking football and concerted 90 minute effort from both teams despite the wet conditions.

Chances galore at both ends and with the pitch cutting up and players flying into the tackle it was real end to end stuff to entertain the fans.

It makes you wonder if there is something about lower level football that makes many players on less wages try harder and fight more for each other and the team.

I miss our regular trips to Brentford, always great fun on that terrace although it wouldn't be quite the same now they've put a roof over the old open end.

Tisdale looks like the next Eddie Howe, a young manager who will surely be moving upwards soon.

I also watched this game albeit in the rerun form this morning.

I too was very impressed with exeter - Noble in midfield seems like a craftsmen of play at that level. Cureton's goal came through a delightful ball over the top punishing lazy midfield work and sloppy defending. In other words capitalising on mistakes. Something we don't do!

Archived