IGNORED

Squad Overthrow!

Clarky89

I did this more as a bit of fun rather than serious, but here is how I would transition our squad into a Play-Off capable side, who knows, maybe more, and thought I would share my thoughts.

All this is activity I would love to see at our club in the PERFECT footballing world. I know a lot of players will get given a “No chance can we afford/attract/want” different players, but meh. Bring it on! ;)

It’s clear to me that the squad needs a slight overthrow. SL and KM have both said that our current “First Team” Squad is too big and this needs to be cut down to an ideal 24. This pretty much works out as 3 goalkeepers, and then 2 players in each position if you were to think of a standard 4-4-2 formation. Yeah, that leaves on spare player, but everyone has that versatile lad that can play anywhere needed! And bosh, that is your 24 man squad.

This is how I would love to see things play out between this current transfer window, and by August 2011, the start of our Promotion hunting season. ;) I’m not gonna mention figures, but I’m confident with these outgoings and incomings, SL shouldn’t find himself TOO far out of pocket.

OUTS:

Nicky Hunt

Damion Stewart

Lewin Nyatanga

Lee Johnson

Gavin Williams

Ivan Sproule

Jon Akinde

Joe Edwards

Marlon Jackson

Danny Ball

Joe Lennox

James Wilson

Return Loans – Danny Rose

Steven Caulker (Don’t panic, I’ve got plans for him!)

Total Outgoings – 13

If we count the return of Jordan Henderson to the squad, I believe that leaves us with a total of, and slim pickings of 16 first team players.

Now the fun bit, my Transfer Shortlist.

INS

Matthew Killgallon – CB – Age 27

Not needed by Sunderland, and the recent Loan to Doncaster seems to prove this. He is a Yorkshire lad, but I’m sure if we get in there early, he could be at Ashton Gate during the summer. Quality Centre Back at Championship level, and a lot more quality than the Centre backs we currently OWN.

Mark Beevers – CB – Age 21

I personally rate him, though I’m sure a lot will say he isn’t good enough. He would make the first of my double swoop on Sheffield Wednesday. He’s got age on his side and hardly inexperienced. CURRENTLY, I’m sure we could temp him away from Wednesday.

Tommy Spurr – LB – Age 22

Not surprisingly, a left back in the list. Again, young and I think very, very talented with a wealth of Championship experience already at a young age. It’s our weakest position so I think we can justify a slightly larger transfer fee for this lad compared to the rest.

Neil Danns – CAM – Age 28

Probably another one on the dearer side of things, but it’s no secret that we need an attacking, creative style central midfielder. No secret that at this level, he is definitely that! Would be amazing to have him in a City shirt, and with reported interest, could happen!

Anthony Pilkington – LM – Age 22

This guy is a must. Danny Rose just doesn’t cut it on the left, and when he leaves, we really have nobody on the left side of midfield. The lad has an amazing left foot and can rotate wings. Just thinking of Adomah and Pilkington on the wings, swapping sides throughout a game gets me all excited.

George Boyd – LM/CAM – Age 25

Very attacking, very talented and can play on the left and as an attacking, creative midfielder. Would be brilliant to be able to rotate the squad with players like Danns, Pilkington and Boyd in areas where we have nobody at all. Should prefer a move to City to staying at Peterborough.

Lee Croft – RM – Age 25

Seems to be frozen out at Norwich, and only in the last year or two I think won Player of the Year at the club, with Sproule on my out list, we need an alternative RM to Adomah. I think he would be relatively cheap and definitely a worthwhile squad addition.

LOANS;

Steven Caulker – CB – Age 19 (Season Long Loan)

Do I need to say anymore? Hopefully Spurs won’t mind him staying another year to help his progress.

Kyle Naughton – RB – Age 22 (Seaon Long Loan)

With a view to make it permanent. The thinking behind this is that Spurs have more right backs than you can shake a stick at, and with our apparent link, should put us in good nick to pull it off.

Yup, I’m sure the more sherwed will know that that is a total of 25 first team players, when I said we need 24. . . . But I couldn’t find it in my heart to tell Louis Carey his times up . . ..

My Ideal Squad 2011/2012

Goalkeepers - David James Dean Gerken Stephen Henderson

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Full Backs – Right Kyle Naughton (Loan) Chris Riberio

Full Backs – Left Tommy Spur Jamie McAllister

Centre Backs - Matthew Killgallon Steven Caulker (LOAN) Liam Fontaine

Kalifa Cisse Mark Beevers

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Right Midfield - Albert Adomah Lee Crofts

Central Midfield (Holding) - Cole Skuse Marvin Elliot

Central Midfield (Attacking) - Neil Danns George Boyd

Left Midfield Anthony Pilkington Jamal Campbell-Ryce

Forwards - Jon Stread Nicky Maynard

Brett Pitman David Clarkson

Like I said, just a bit of fun, and something to cure boredom . . . . .

****, how could I forget Fonts. Get rid of Macca and put him in then.

And yeah, I mean Stephen . . . . obviously.

I signed Jordan Henderson on my FIFA 11 manager mode, haha.

Should probably get rid of Cisse and keep Fonts. Unless Cisse is played as a defensive midfielder. In which case you could drop Stewart from that list if anyone would buy him. Big if ...

i did this on football manager....built next season squad now, depends weather lansdown is willing to chuck 5 million quid at the squad though!

outs

Nicky Hunt

Jamie Mcallister

Damion Stewart

Lee Johnson

David Clarkson

Danny Haynes

Dean Gerkin

James Wilson

Jamal Cambell Ryce

Kalifa Cisse

Lewin Nytanga

Joe Edwards

Marlon Jackson

Gavin Williams

Ivan Sproule

John Akinde

Joe lennox

Pat Hoban

Jimmy Keohane

Danny Ball

thats 20 players out which i estimate will make us about 2.6 million. if Lansdown chucked in another 5 million wed have 7.5 million to spend on new players. with all the sales wed be left with just 11 players(written in black) and then wed bring in 12 players(players in red) leaving us with a squad of 23 + room for 1 or 2 youngsters..

Id go with....

GK- David James(player/coach), Stephen Henderson, Frank Fielding(£750k)

DR- Christian Ribiero, Kyle Walker(loan)

DL- Brian Easton(£1 million), Patrik Van Annholt (loan)

DC- Louis Carey(player coach), Liam Fontaine, Zander Diamond( £700k), Steven Caulker (Loan)

MR- Albert Adomah, David bell (£650k)

ML- Kris Commons(£2 million), Emanuel Ledesma (£100k)

DMC- Marvin Eliott, Cole Skuse

AMC-David Norris(£1.2 million), Neil Danns(£1.2 million)

ST- Nicky Maynard, Brett PItman, Jon Stead, Fabian Brandy(free)

I KNOW IM LIVING IN DREAM WORLD, BUT IVE GOTTA FIND SOMETHING FUN TO DO WHILST WE ALL WAIT FOR SOME PLAYERS TO COME IN... fingerscrossed.giffingerscrossed.giffingerscrossed.gif

I wish that game was never invented.

I know it's only a bit of fun and in theory your ideas sound great, however how long will it take for one of the dimwits to come out the woodwork and claim this is how easy it really is?

Good thread though and sone good potential if not realistic signings. (edit, it's probably less realistic that someone would buy our deadwood).

Archived