IGNORED

Akinde

cityfan

What a joke that is - really!

Unbelievable. Can anyone really say the lad has been given a fair chance to shine?

No way would I let him go. Clarkson out first.

He must be totally frustrated and wonder why he signed for City who arguably, have delayed or ruined his career rather than enhance it

Never given a proper chance!!!!

Unforgivable

really??

yes he sometimes looked lively coming off the bench for the last 20 minutes, but he never impressed me that much to warrant starting any league games.

the fact that he failed to score in 18 games at the Gas also says a lot about him at the moment and his confidence

Not good enough ! Better off the wage bill plus as stated above he had his chance at rovers and wasted it!

However I do think he has the ability in 5 years time to be settled into a team where he will be banging in the goals maybe even at championship level but we don't have 5 years to let the chap develop

Not good enough ! Better off the wage bill plus as stated above he had his chance at rovers and wasted it!

However I do think he has the ability in 5 years time to be settled into a team where he will be banging in the goals maybe even at championship level but we don't have 5 years to let the chap develop

We don't have 5 years! Why did we sign him then, not play him and then you say we don't have time to develop him

Did he get good supply from Rovers? Aren't they in a terrible slump.

Even under Gary Johnson we had a very poor goal scoring record. Didn't notice any of our more experienced strikers 'banging in goals' apart from Maynard last season. Not been blessed with strikers who score have we. All about the supply and as they don't get supply they won't score goals. How is Akinde's experience any different?

Poor player and rightly off the wage bill.

Done nothing during 3 different loan spells at League 1.

Didn't look a good player when we signed him and looked poor when we did play him. God knows why Johnson signed him, Neither Coppell or Millen rated him.

Has a good future ahead of him and but going from Conference to Championship was too big a jump for him and too soon. Needs to take a few steps back before he can progress his career forward again.

Has he signed for them or something or is a loan

My understanding is he was one of the players to be moved on to free up the wage bill after failing to make an impact in the last 2 years. His contract is up in the summer and is not going to be renewed so we were trying to sell him on to get a small part of the money back. Northampton tried to buy him but he turned down the move in favour of going to League 1 on loan for the rest of the season to try and generate a bit of interest.

While he may not have had a chance in the first team i'm sure he had plenty of opportunities to stake a claim for a first team spot playing in the reserves which he obviously failed to shine for so its understandable hes leaving.

My understanding is he was one of the players to be moved on to free up the wage bill after failing to make an impact in the last 2 years. His contract is up in the summer and is not going to be renewed so we were trying to sell him on to get a small part of the money back. Northampton tried to buy him but he turned down the move in favour of going to League 1 on loan for the rest of the season to try and generate a bit of interest.

While he may not have had a chance in the first team i'm sure he had plenty of opportunities to stake a claim for a first team spot playing in the reserves which he obviously failed to shine for so its understandable hes leaving.

hes already gone, Dagenham on loan till end of season, he's effectively left the club

Cityfan

Is he better than Maynard ?

Is he better than stead ?

Is he better than pitman?

No!

The lad needs games to develop, he ain't gonna get um here! He had 18 starts I believe for rovers how many did he score ....,0 !

Millen doesn't want to build a team around him or by the sounds of danny Haynes . Millen can spot a good player he's proved that caulker pitman stead ! Akinde just is not up to it yet .

Or let me put it another way akinde has been given several chances at league one level and hasn't cut it , pitman at Bournemouth scored plenty before he signed for us in the few games he played at the start of the season ! Maynard scored plenty for a poor Crewe team at that level !

I get the impression that if Akinde went to Braford or Colchester where Peter Taylor and John Ward are respectively they'd get the best out of him.

Peter Taylor worked wonders with him at Wycombe, whilst John Ward always seems to get the best out of big, powerful pacy strikers like Odejayi and Spencer whilst he was at Cheltenham.

I wouldn't be surprised if Akinde went on to score a lot of goals several years down the line (after learning his trade a little more) and maybe get one more chance in the Championship.

I get the impression that if Akinde went to Braford or Colchester where Peter Taylor and John Ward are respectively they'd get the best out of him.

Peter Taylor worked wonders with him at Wycombe, whilst John Ward always seems to get the best out of big, powerful pacy strikers like Odejayi and Spencer whilst he was at Cheltenham.

I wouldn't be surprised if Akinde went on to score a lot of goals several years down the line (after learning his trade a little more) and maybe get one more chance in the Championship.

Flattered to deceive if you ask me. Take a half decent 'powerful pacy striker' like say Wayne Allision (who took much more cr@p for much better performances than we've seen from many of our forwards since) and there is no comparison.

Might just about make it in league 2....

If his contract is up at the end of the season, with all due respect why was he allowed the option of a loan when we could have got some £ for him?

Because a contract is a two way thing? In other words we can't force him to sign for another club just because we'd like him to. He can carry on picking up his wages until the end of the contract whether or not we choose to play him. For a transfer to take place, three parties need to be happy with the terms: the two clubs and the player. Clearly, for whatever reason, that didn't happen in this case for any permanent deal, but worked out for a loan to take him to the end of his contract with us.

He may think his best interests are served by letting his contract run down, as he might pick up a signing on fee in the summer (I assume we won't offer him a new contract and so he'll be free to leave without us getting a fee, in spite of his age). Or he may just not have fancied going to any club that offered to buy him. Maybe he'd have been taking a pay cut that he didn't want to take. I've no idea what the reason was, but if he didn't want to go, we couldn't force him to before the end of the contract.

If his contract is up at the end of the season, with all due respect why was he allowed the option of a loan when we could have got some £ for him?

Not given a chance at city - but, correct me if I'm wrong, he wasn't even prolific in the reserves

He wouldn't go to league 2, who were the only clubs offering perm deals

League 1 clubs would only do loans.

Only way to get him off wage bill was to loan him, no point letting him rot in reserves for sake of it

No one wanted to pay money fo

Agree, still very raw seen him play for the reserves loads last year, no good enough for the Championship at the moment, but has got time on his hands to come back, good luck to him.

Archived