IGNORED

Team For Palace Away

Eastend Fan

I haven't seen this done for a while so lets give it a go

---------------------James-----------------

Skuse----------Caulker----------Nytanga---------Fonts

-------------------Cisse(Sub 60 for Johnson)-------------------

Adomah-------------Elliot--------------Rose(Sub 70 for JCR)

--------Stead(Sub 80 for Sproule)-------------Pitman----------

Logic =

Nytanga doen't look comfy as a left back so I say replace him with Fonts who has more speed and comfort, yes he's not left footed but Nytanga could cover him with Cisse dropping in to help defend.

Tired back four for Palace so bring on Sproule to go in Adomah's possition and let him tear them down with his speed.

Everything else the same.... Thoughts and your teams??

I haven't seen this done for a while so lets give it a go

---------------------James-----------------

Skuse----------Caulker----------Nytanga---------Fonts

-------------------Cisse(Sub 60 for Johnson)-------------------

Adomah-------------Elliot--------------Rose(Sub 70 for JCR)

--------Stead(Sub 80 for Sproule)-------------Pitman----------

Logic =

Nytanga doen't look comfy as a left back so I say replace him with Fonts who has more speed and comfort, yes he's not left footed but Nytanga could cover him with Cisse dropping in to help defend.

Tired back four for Palace so bring on Sproule to go in Adomah's possition and let him tear them down with his speed.

Everything else the same.... Thoughts and your teams??

Fontaine IS left footed. I think both he and tangs are very similar, they are left footed defenders who prefer playing centre half and neither have looked really comfortable at left back in the past.

I think this shows how much we miss macca when he's injured and how desperately we need a decent left back to compete with macca for that spot.

Fontaine IS left footed. I think both he and tangs are very similar, they are left footed defenders who prefer playing centre half and neither have looked really comfortable at left back in the past.

I think this shows how much we miss macca when he's injured and how desperately we need a decent left back to compete with macca for that spot.

Oh right, that's bad that I never really noticed his strongest foot :/ :laugh: in that case then I don't understand why he hasn't been put out there before. He's better built for the possition that Nytanga and would do better, when nytanga proved last season he was a stong centre back... Think this option would be great and make the defence stronger IMP

Oh right, that's bad that I never really noticed his strongest foot :/ :laugh: in that case then I don't understand why he hasn't been put out there before. He's better built for the possition that Nytanga and would do better, when nytanga proved last season he was a stong centre back... Think this option would be great and make the defence stronger IMP

Fonts has played LB before. last season he covered macca a fair bit when he was injured. I actually think him and tangs are pretty similar. Neither have great distribution or a 'peach' of a left foot like macca and most predominantly left footed players. And although they both can be solid defenders they both also have the tendency imo to be pretty dodgy actually. I don't massively rate either of them and think that we may well have a completely different looking defensive line in 12-18months time.

We havent scored for 180 minutes and have shipped 7 goals in 2 home games, its time to ring in the changes!!!!!

-------------- James----------------------

Carey-Caulker-Fontaine-Nyatanga

Adomah-----Elliot-----Skuse----JCR

----------Pitman-Stead-----------------

Subs-

Gerken

Cisse

Stewart

Johnson

Rose

Sproule

Clarkson

Exactly what I think it will be.

Don't completely agree with the team and would swap Johnson for Skuse personally, but then i'm not a football manager.

We havent scored for 180 minutes and have shipped 7 goals in 2 home games, its time to ring in the changes!!!!!

-------------- James----------------------

Carey-Caulker-Fontaine-Nyatanga

Adomah-----Elliot-----Skuse----JCR

----------Pitman-Stead-----------------

Subs-

Gerken

Cisse

Stewart

Johnson

Rose

Sproule

Clarkson

This, fairly certain

I'd go;

----------------------------James--------------------------------

Skuse--------Caulker-----------Carey-----------Fontaine

Adomah-------Elliott-----------Johnson--------------JCR

------------------Stead------------Pitman---------------------

Subs; Gerken, Nyatanga, Stewart, Cisse, Sproule, Jackson, Clarkson

Not sure who plays where, but pack the defence, keep it tight in midfield and stick Albert and Pitman up front (Stead has not looked for for a few weeks). Sit back, don't give Palace any space and hit them on the break.

Stuff entertainment, just don't lose.

Problem with that is we'd have to find someone else to play on the right then, Sproule? Not likely.

I think Stead has been troubled by his ankle for a while and wouldn't be too shocked to see Clarkson play instead.

Rest of the team picks itself really, as we have no LB so will persevere with Nyatanga and Carey and Fontaine have to return at the back after two home hammerings.

I'd guess;

James

Carey Caulker Fontaine Nyatanga

Adomah Elliott Skuse JCR

Clarkson

Pitman.

Problem with that is we'd have to find someone else to play on the right then, Sproule? Not likely.

I think Stead has been troubled by his ankle for a while and wouldn't be too shocked to see Clarkson play instead.

Rest of the team picks itself really, as we have no LB so will persevere with Nyatanga and Carey and Fontaine have to return at the back after two home hammerings.

I'd guess;

James

Carey Caulker Fontaine Nyatanga

Adomah Elliott Skuse JCR

Clarkson

Pitman.

I was more thinking of 5-3-2 with either Carey or Skuse at RB. Another option is 5 at the back, two holding midfielders, with Sproule, Albert and Pitman as your outlets. I'm making no pretence about it having great shape or looking good going forward, just shutting out & frustrating Palace, and stopping the side leaking goals.

Archived