IGNORED

Fantastic

95 red

Haynes wanted a move and Im glad he has gone. Though he would not be my first player on the list to leave. BUT the offer was very good and definately worth while to accept the offer. Haynes has a terrible shot on him and he will be suited for a team like Barnsley. Onwards and upwards and good luck to him.

selling one of our better squad players,out of form maybe but def had something about him.just hope these so told targets happen.

I'd get used to it mate. I reckon eveyone in the squad (bar Pitman & Stead) is available at the right price.

Citys skint innum !!

selling one of our better squad players,out of form maybe but def had something about him.just hope these so told targets happen.

David Clarkson is one of our better SQUAD players.....and how great is he?

Didnt need Haynes, 8 goals in 54 games, we need money to fund players.

Good bit of business by us. Good Luck Danny....never really worked out here.

"one of our better squad players" - don't be daft. 4th choice striker behind stead, pittman and maynard. Never going to get in ahead of Albert RM. Certainly not the right solution to LM. Decent player but not one who can take us forward. Well done Millen freeing up wage and transfer budget.

yeah maybe skint but we cant afford to go down

But we cant afford to keep squad players who we get good offers for either... If we need to sell 5 or 6 in order to buy some quality, then so be it. He wasnt a name regularly on the starting team sheet, so it would have been daft to keep him.

I liked him as a player, but he wasnt exactly setting the place alight... Good luck Danny!

remember bob taylor had a dip in form got rid of him as well,selling haynes will come back to haunt us

so what would you do to raise money for new signings? Nobody wants Sproule so he can cover right wing. Nobody wants Clarkson so he can cover up front.

Someone wanted Haynes and he's not first choice so city had little choice but to cash in on one sellable asset that another club wanted.

Millen needs to balance the squad. We have enough attacking players but are short elsehwere so he's done this to allow him to do buy where we need players more urgently.

it does make me laugh that people complain about how much money we lost last year and then still expect Lansdown to keep buying more players without selling anyone.

remember bob taylor had a dip in form got rid of him as well,selling haynes will come back to haunt us

I wish Haynes all the best and he certainly wouldn't have been my first choice of players to offload. However, the money will be better spent on other areas where we are weak. To compare Haynes with Super Bob is a bit OTT though!

Millen said his form hasn't been great since injury and Haynes had got it in his head he needed a fresh start! Says it all really , weak minded or didn't fit in ? You decide either way he was better off going !

Or just pure bad management and crap coaching.

It's a forum and all valid opinions but i disagree with most of yours and definitely on DH. Just because he's direct and has pace doesn't make him a good player, he has no natural footballing instinct whatsoever.I.E Sproule,Elliot,.

I agree with this. Decent Championship player, but no real natural position. Unfourtnately Gary Johnson bulked out the squad with a load of players who rely far more on work ethic, then they do on their ability. One of the reasons we find ourselves in the mess we are now

Danny Haynes is decent as I said, but for the amount of money he was probally on......compared to the amount of game time he gets, he just isnt worth it

Good luck to the lad though

We need to kick on and start building a smaller squad with more quality on it, for me Haynes was nothing but an average squad player and is definatley the sort we need to start moving out of Ashton gate, however, millen now has to prove he can attract a decent player so we will see what happens.

Bob Taylor scored 30 goals the season before we sold him and we didn't get rid, he wanted to go when West Brom came in for him, so any comparison to Danny Haynes in that respect is laughable. I remember every time Taylor got the ball within 25 yards of goal you felt he would score. I don't ever remember feeling anything bar the complete opposite when Haynes got the ball. If nudiered is right that Haynes wanted to go then there is no argument about us letting him go anyway.

We need to kick on and start building a smaller squad with more quality on it, for me Haynes was nothing but an average squad player and is definatley the sort we need to start moving out of Ashton gate, however, millen now has to prove he can attract a decent player so we will see what happens.

Stead and Caulker - not too shabby mate. KM has done very well in the transfer market so far, just hope he gets chance to use the wages freed up to get the LB and AM we so desperately need

Spot on. Far too many average players having it off at the gate. Better players can expect

better wages, so simply divide the wage budget between fewer but better palyers. It will take

time, but it seems that quite a significant number of players are out of contract at the end of the

season. So let the cull start in May, assuming we stay up of course. We could save a few quid

if academy lads step up to it, though I will not be holding my breath on that one.

Bob Taylor scored 30 goals the season before we sold him and we didn't get rid, he wanted to go when West Brom came in for him, so any comparison to Danny Haynes in that respect is laughable. I remember every time Taylor got the ball within 25 yards of goal you felt he would score. I don't ever remember feeling anything bar the complete opposite when Haynes got the ball. If nudiered is right that Haynes wanted to go then there is no argument about us letting him go anyway.

Those were the days, eh Fred?

I agree with this apart from the Millen bit.

His signings so far have been spot on. Stead, Pitman, Caulker and Rose. Now if they are not decent i dont know what is?!?!

Glad Haynes is gone, best for both parties. He will never become a player as he's all pace and nothing else. IF he hasnt got a footballing brain now at 22/23 he never will.

Slight better version of Sproule for me which say's it all.

Good bit of business by the club. Now more League 1 standard dead wood to get rid.

Millen and SL - We want quality not quantity!!!!!

Millen's signings have been impressive.

But Millen needs to prove that he can organise a team defensively - thats the big question mark for me.

Granted, a 0-4 defeat at home preceded by a 0-3 defeat at home should mean that questions about defensive organisation should rightly be asked. However the only question for me was why wasn't Cisse dropped and Caulker re-united with Fontaine against 'Boro, as defensive displays against both Swansea and Leeds have been amongst the best I've ever seen from a City side with those two at the back?

I agree with this apart from the Millen bit.

His signings so far have been spot on. Stead, Pitman, Caulker and Rose. Now if they are not decent i dont know what is?!?!

Glad Haynes is gone, best for both parties.

He will never become a player as he's all pace and nothing else. IF he hasnt got a footballing brain now at 22/23 he never will.

Slight better version of Sproule for me which say's it all.

Good bit of business by the club. Now more League 1 standard dead wood to get rid.

Millen and SL - We want quality not quantity!!!!!

I'm not great sometimes at writing what I mean as I agree millens signings have been good, what I meant was we need more of the same which IMO will be difficult to attract. how many proven championship goalscoring creative midfielders can we attract here which is what we need? It's a very difficult job.

Archived