IGNORED

Cheap Trains Tomorrow - £17 Return!

Big Red Rich

Tickets are still available but I've just got a return ticket tomorrow for £17, bought 5 mins ago.

Direct BTM to clapham junc and then to Thornton Heath return through Salisbury. 2 x £8.50 singles. I was in two minds whether to go and this has just sealed it for me. Hopefully if still available it might help someone else out!??

Let me know how you get on.

Rich

Quick update on this, tickets are still available at £8.50 but the ridiculous thing is that you need to select Shirehampton rather than direct from Temple Meads. I'm sure you dont actually have to travel from Shirehampton but use this to get the cheap tickets.

Its absolutely ridiculous, can anyone explain?!

trains.jpg

Quick update on this, tickets are still available at £8.50 but the ridiculous thing is that you need to select Shirehampton rather than direct from Temple Meads. I'm sure you dont actually have to travel from Shirehampton but use this to get the cheap tickets.

Its absolutely ridiculous, can anyone explain?!

Well for a start you're on the lo-o-ong journey stopping train to London via Salisbury which takes 2hrs 45mins to get to London (FGW HSS BTM to PAD is about 1.5hours), so that's an indication of the price - I would guess that being SW Trains it'll be a short 3/4 carriage commuter type train with no buffet car, so you should make sure you take your booze with you.

As for the tickets being cheaper from Shirehampton than BTM, it's just one of those silly things the train comanies do because they think that everyone wants to travel from the most ppopular stations so they try to cash in.

I used to commute from Parkway to Paddington on the FGW Swansea train. Coming back from London on certain trains in peak hour, cheap/advance tickets are not valid - but on the trains that went on to Caernarfon, they would qualify by stating the cheap/advance tickets were not valid on the train UNLESS YOU WERE TRAVELLING BEYOND SWANSEA?!?! Erm... so that means that anyone wanting to travel to Swansea from London on a cheap ticket in peak time, simply bought a ticket for a station beyond Swansea and got off wherever they wanted!

I agree about the journey times, however direct from Temple Meads to Clapham Junction without needing to go through paddington, underground, victoria etc seems like a pretty good deal to me. I always take supplies with me, £4 for 4 cans or £3.50 for 1 is a no brainer!!! On the way back I might take a detour at Salisbury and head down to Axminster (have a return ticket already thats valid till next week!) as the wife is down there with her sister. Means I get breakfast cooked for me in the morning........if we win that could be needed!! :drunk2:

• Admin

I agree about the journey times, however direct from Temple Meads to Clapham Junction without needing to go through paddington, underground, victoria etc seems like a pretty good deal to me.

But that is the WHOLE fun of watching City in London.

The memories of the hundreds of fans being led around the tube network after our visit to Millwall a few years ago will be with me for years !

Archived