IGNORED

Cardiff Boost Squad Again

glynriley

Interesting, have a look at how much "the billionaire" has spent on transfer fees? Not a lot, hes not stupid, he's paying wages and running costs as he knows the gamble of investing heavily only to fail, either that or he's skint!

good luck to Cardiff, they are now in prime position to reach the Premier League, good going forward, crap at the back, look a bit like Holloways Blackpool.

Cardiff can spend all they want. It makes no difference.

Cardiff started the season well, were high flying and looked dead certs for promotion. Then over the christmas period they had a wobble and ended up in the play-offs (just!) and lost out to Blackpool.

That was last season.

Now lets look at what has happened to them this season so far.... notice anything similar?!

The season before that they were so bad they needed just 1 point from their last 4 games to make the play offs and managed to cock that up to and finished in 7th place!

Trust me, its tradition with Cardiff to give fans so much hope and tease them with success then **** it up at the last minute! My mate is a Cardiff fan and pulls his hair out ever season about it.

The two big signings Bellamy, and now Ramsey, (although I dont think it's confirmed yet) have essentially come because they are local boys (Bellers is (not especially proud to say it) from Cardiff, and Ramsey from about 5 miles up the road in Caerphilly.

In that sense, these are especially nice signings to see.

It made me think though, about famous footballers from Bristol. Given the city's size, it's been quite poor in recent years hasn't it? Was Gary Mabbutt the last big name? Is Scott Sinclair Bristolian?

Really, don't mean this in a negative sense, just wondered what premier league players have come from Bristol really.

The two big signings Bellamy, and now Ramsey, (although I dont think it's confirmed yet) have essentially come because they are local boys (Bellers is (not especially proud to say it) from Cardiff, and Ramsey from about 5 miles up the road in Caerphilly.

In that sense, these are especially nice signings to see.

It made me think though, about famous footballers from Bristol. Given the cities size, it's been quite poor in recent years hasn't it? Was Gary Mabbutt the last big name? Is Scott Sinclair Bristolian?

Really, don't mean this in a negative sense, just wondered what premier league players have come from Bristol really.

I know what you mean, it's not just Bristol there's a lack of talent coming from the South West in general. I believe Scott Sinclair is from Bath as well!

With such a talented squad it'll be embarrasing for them to miss out on promotion , or worse still, a play off place.

Agreed.

Even with Dave Jones in charge the way their showing ambition sooner ot later they will be in the Premier league.

Their miles above us now unfortunately. Amazing to think where they were just a few years ago with their Gash type crowds.....

That's what you would get with Billionaires in charge.

Exciting times for them the dirty f@@kers.

Tan Sri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun is the money man behind Cardiff City and he is worth about £800 million at currenct sterling to Ringgit exchange rate of 4.8 to the £1 so still a fair way short of being a billionnaire and perhaps worth about 1.9 times our own chairman at current valuation.

Agreed.

Even with Dave Jones in charge the way their showing ambition sooner ot later they will be in the Premier league.

Their miles above us now unfortunately. Amazing to think where they were just a few years ago with their Gash type crowds.....

And we were miles above them not 2 seasons ago so things can change pretty darn quickly.

And we were miles above them not 2 seasons ago so things can change pretty darn quickly.

Look at how they went about things after just falling short at the play off final compared to us. We said, we have got to give these players another chance, they said, F..k this, not good enough must try harder.

We messed up when our stock was at it's highest, they went out and got the best they could find. It could take another 30 years to get to that point again.

Look at how they went about things after just falling short at the play off final compared to us. We said, we have got to give these players another chance, they said, F..k this, not good enough must try harder.

We messed up when our stock was at it's highest, they went out and got the best they could find. It could take another 30 years to get to that point again.

It could but it won't.

interesting point on the comparison vis a vis players though, although we did strengthen... arguable of course... when did Maynard come in?

It could but it won't.

interesting point on the comparison vis a vis players though, although we did strengthen... arguable of course... when did Maynard come in?

Thats a very confident statement. Can I ask where that confidence comes from?

We messed up when our stock was at it's

highest, they went out and got the best they could find. It could take another 30 years to get to that point again.

But there still in the same division as us!!

Plus 20 days ago we beat this team ( who a lot on here seem to be jealous of!) 3-0.

They haven't achieved anything yet. Factimondo!

But there still in the same division as us!!

Plus 20 days ago we beat this team ( who a lot on here seem to be jealous of!) 3-0.

They haven't achieved anything yet. Factimondo!

Well they only lost out last season so even Cardiff with all the help from the Welsh Fa can't wangle an auto promotion without anyone noticing.

No they haven't achieved anything yet as the season is not over, but you have to admit they have a far more ambitious outlook half a season on from their play off final defeat than we did. They have made very good use of the loan market, which Johnson seemed reluctant to do.

Well they only lost out last season so even Cardiff with all the help from the Welsh Fa can't wangle an auto promotion without anyone noticing.

No they haven't achieved anything yet as the season is not over, but you have to admit they have a far more ambitious outlook half a season on from their play off final defeat than we did. They have made very good use of the loan market, which Johnson seemed reluctant to do.

The start of last season, we did actually really go for it and Johnson did make a lot of loan signings, Velicka, Sno, Saborio, Aygemang, Iwelumo & Maierhofer.

unfortunately none of them really worked out for one reason or another.

Sometimes you go all out and it comes off, more often than not..........it doesn't

No they haven't achieved anything yet as the

season is not over, but you have to admit they have a far more ambitious outlook half a season on from their play off final defeat than we did. They have made very good use of the loan market, which Johnson seemed reluctant to do.

The way we ripped them apart I would have thought they may have tried to get some decent defenders in.

You get promotion from this Division( Blackpool being the exception) with a team that doesn't concede goals.

Cardiff have some very talented players going forward I agree, but that alone won't get them up.

We could have put 6 past them, which should really worry them!!!!!!

Archived