IGNORED

Why Does Every Transfer In This Division Have A Thread?

Jordan Tansley

What pisses me off more than anything is the threads that go:

Title:

[insert player name, usually well known]

His contract has run out at [insert name of usually Prem club] surely this is worth a shot? Just the sort of player we need.

Most pointless, useless threads on the forum, and that's saying something on a forum littered with them

What pisses me off more than anything is the threads that go:

Title:

[insert player name, usually well known]

His contract has run out at [insert name of usually Prem club] surely this is worth a shot? Just the sort of player we need.

Most pointless, useless threads on the forum, and that's saying something on a forum littered with them

Spot on!

I was just going to say the same.I see this or that name and think, "oh right", only to open the thread to see the inane " do you think he could do a job, thoughts?"

Being a gullable ****, I'd much rather read the Football-rumors thingy!

Am I alone in not wanting us to sign anyone? I want to see Keith and Wigley coach the team into being better players. Previous managers have spent an absoloute fortune and I would like to see these players try and justify their wages for a change.

Too many of todays players enjoy the lifestyle that goes with it and the football gets in the way of them shopping with the missus for another car.

Steve Lansdown has been too good to his managers, I'm glad he is putting his foot down for a change.

For a 12m loss last season, (this is excluding summer signings) we have not one winger who can cross a ball, not one midfielder who can play a killer pass, just one striker who can shoot and an average defence. That's frightening.

Blackpool showed with good coaching and management and an eye for a player, you can do a lot more than just chuck more money at a problem.

Am I alone in not wanting us to sign anyone? I want to see Keith and Wigley coach the team into being better players. Previous managers have spent an absoloute fortune and I would like to see these players try and justify their wages for a change.

Too many of todays players enjoy the lifestyle that goes with it and the football gets in the way of them shopping with the missus for another car.

Steve Lansdown has been too good to his managers, I'm glad he is putting his foot down for a change.

For a 12m loss last season, (this is excluding summer signings) we have not one winger who can cross a ball, not one midfielder who can play a killer pass, just one striker who can shoot and an average defence. That's frightening.

Blackpool showed with good coaching and management and an eye for a player, you can do a lot more than just chuck more money at a problem.

You think our defence is average? Wow! I wish it were.... ;)

I'm with you. Loan in one or two, don't buy. January transfer is BS.

The only reality is, if you don't improve you may get relegated.

However, I'd much rather not pay £400,000 and £10,000 a weeks wages for someone; when you can wait until the summer and get them for probably nothing.

You need fans/crowds at the moment, difficult to ensure that happens without 'exciting' new players; but then I guess that is when true fans colours are shown.

We're still at the highest level we've been at for 30 years +. It is football that is leaving sour tastes, not BCFC.

We're also bang where we should be in the mid-bottom of Championship. If expectations are always higher than that, then we're always going to have fans with more moans and groans than praises.

I think that about 70% of our squad won't get any better, about 10% that have got worse/lost interest and another 20% have the capability to be improved via coaching.

I was thinking along the lines of how at 29? Sproule is unable to cross a ball being a winger. Surely any coach worth his salt can take him aside and practise practise and practise some more. Like I said previously, if the players were more interested in the football side of things you would see them improve their game. Unfortunaltey they are few and far between. David Beckham practises his crossing and dead ball delivery, and he's the best in the world at it, it's something that can improve significantly with practise.

Archived