IGNORED

What's Millen Playing At?

TBW

What's taking him so long?

Harley, Emmanuel-Thomas and Chimbonda would've set us up nicely.

Only a week left!

Who else are we selling then? Chimbonda will be on ludicrous wages and Harley would not only command a high fee but would expect a strong wage. We already have far too many players signing 3 with only 1 going the other way is just not a viable option at the moment.

Who else are we selling then? Chimbonda will be on ludicrous wages and Harley would not only command a high fee but would expect a strong wage. We already have far too many players signing 3 is with only 1 going the other way is just not a viable option at the moment.

Harley has gone on a free, from the start of next season.

Oh really? To who? I wasn't aware he was out of contract this summer, surprised there hasn't been more interest in him if that's the case.

Has signed a pre contract with Swansea on a free, stays at Exeter until the end of the season.

Apparently a lot of interest especially from championship clubs, a case of take your pick for him and he chose Swansea.

Has signed a pre contract with Swansea on a free, stays at Exeter until the end of the season.

Apparently a lot of interest especially from championship clubs, a case of take your pick for him and he chose Swansea.

Not surprising he picked them, a good footballing side and he'd fit in well with their style of play. I just read the story on Sky Sports and it says a few teams were in for him, not really surprising. Good deal for the Swans and not bad for Exeter keeping him till the summer.

Not surprising he picked them, a good footballing side and he'd fit in well with their style of play. I just read the story on Sky Sports and it says a few teams were in for him, not really surprising. Good deal for the Swans and not bad for Exeter keeping him till the summer.

I would'nt have thought that Exeter would be over happy, perhaps a cheeky bid might have suited them + one of our's, Everyone's a winner.

I would'nt have thought that Exeter would be over happy, perhaps a cheeky bid might have suited them + one of our's, Everyone's a winner.

Yeah well this implies that most teams tried to get him on a pre-contract agreement, as otherwise they'd have sold him. It'll be interesting to see how he performs at this level, or possibly even the PL...

Harley's signed for Swansea. Still at Exeter for the rest of this season though.

Edit, see post above!

Strange deal either way and the Exeter fans are VERY unhappy, talk of a 6 figure offer offers being rejected, which is a massive amount for the club, either way they seem to be kicking right off and can't blame them.

Yeah well this implies that most teams tried to get him on a pre-contract agreement, as otherwise they'd have sold him. It'll be interesting to see how he performs at this level, or possibly even the PL...

Fair play to Harley, he really turned his career around after we binned him, not many young players manage to climb back up the slippery slope.

Strange deal either way and the Exeter fans are VERY unhappy, talk of a 6 figure offer offers being rejected, which is a massive amount for the club, either way they seem to be kicking right off and can't blame them.

it is more likely that Harley is doing what many believe several City players are doing and seeing out his contract to be able to be in a position to secure a better financial package. i'd be very surprised if the club turned down any bids more likely that the player said he was'nt interested in moving until the end of the season.

Any names for the discussions and players out?

Gavin Williams could go out permanently, with Yeovil ofcourse interested. Although Exeter City would be a fair bet as to where he goes.

2 Irish Lads to head back out on loan, possibly with Cheltenham Town FC looking to sign them on loan for the rest of the season.

Sproule was set to head back to Hibbs this window, but Millen had a change of heart and wants Sproule as cover just in case of the worse. He'll be off back to Scotland in the summer.

Ins: Not heard much myself, just as KM said we were in discussions. But it's about keeping the wage bill at a certain level. I still do not expect us to sign anyone. Business with Haynes was fantastic and a great offer to turn down for us while we are in this position of not having much money ourselves.

Business with Neil Danns was true, would of signed if George Burley was sacked later!

I'll let you know If I hear anything :fingerscrossed:

Gavin Williams could go out permanently, with Yeovil ofcourse interested. Although Exeter City would be a fair bet as to where he goes.

2 Irish Lads to head back out on loan, possibly with Cheltenham Town FC looking to sign them on loan for the rest of the season.

Sproule was set to head back to Hibbs this window, but Millen had a change of heart and wants Sproule as cover just in case of the worse. He'll be off back to Scotland in the summer.

Ins: Not heard much myself, just as KM said we were in discussions. But it's about keeping the wage bill at a certain level. I still do not expect us to sign anyone. Business with Haynes was fantastic and a great offer to turn down for us while we are in this position of not having much money ourselves.

Business with Neil Danns was true, would of signed if George Burley was sacked later!

I'll let you know If I hear anything :fingerscrossed:

Thanks for replying. Hard to trust someone with this sort of info over a forum but it really does seem like what you're saying is true. :)

To be honest i think part of the reason Coppell left was because he wasnt able to bring in his OWN style players. Kitson, Ingimarsson, Jay Simpson, Emmanuel-Thomas, Gareth McAuley, Ryan Betrand, Federici are all players that he targeted, but not one of them joined for one reason or the other, and it certainly wasnt because Coppell was in charge. So we ended up with Stewart and Hunt as our biggest signings along with David James. Then i think SC realised he made a mistake with who he brought in, and bottled it! Think where we could be with them players and Coppell as manager. Anyway all in the past now, onwards and upwards!

COYR !

Just to clear things up, Harley has signed permanently on a 3 1/2 year contract with Swansea, and has then been loaned back to Exeter for the rest of the season. Players are not allowed to sign a pre-contract with clubs in the same country (I'm assuming here that Swansea count as same country as they play in an FA competition).

Given Brighton bid £400k, I suspect that Swansea would have had to bid around that area, and agreed to the loanback....as a club we're all aware of our financial position so would we be bidding that? Maybe, but would we agree to the loanback given our 'iffy' position in the league? No chance.

Just to clear things up, Harley has signed permanently on a 3 1/2 year contract with Swansea, and has then been loaned back to Exeter for the rest of the season. Players are not allowed to sign a pre-contract with clubs in the same country (I'm assuming here that Swansea count as same country as they play in an FA competition).

Given Brighton bid £400k, I suspect that Swansea would have had to bid around that area, and agreed to the loanback....as a club we're all aware of our financial position so would we be bidding that? Maybe, but would we agree to the loanback given our 'iffy' position in the league? No chance.

Well i'm no expert but I think you are wrong, although Swansea play in the FA cup Wales is classed by FIFA as a different country. So I would say he has signed on a free, which is what has been reported.

The more I look at this one, the stranger it seems. Here's the official report on Swanseas website;

http://www.swanseacity.net/page/Latest/0,,10354~2272507,00.html

And you're right, they do say it is a freebie, although he has signed now with the loanback.....makes you wonder why the Exeter board would accept that unless they're not paying his wages for the loan (effectively getting him off the wage bill for the last four/five months of his contract).

The more I look at this one, the stranger it seems. Here's the official report on Swanseas website;

http://www.swanseaci...2272507,00.html

And you're right, they do say it is a freebie, although he has signed now with the loanback.....makes you wonder why the Exeter board would accept that unless they're not paying his wages for the loan (effectively getting him off the wage bill for the last four/five months of his contract).

Because I suspect the player refused to go for a fee to anybody, because it would affect his financial package and I suspect Exeter are making him honour the rest of his contract in revenge.

Archived