IGNORED

Scott Wilson - Academy Star - How Good?

Martyn Hocking

Just reading the Under-18s match report - sounds like a great performance to beat the top team in the league away from home. We have a kid called Scott Wilson who has scored 16 goals for us at a ratio of approximately a goal a game in a good quality league featuring youth teams from the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, West Ham and Villa.

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has seen him play - what sort of striker is he (big, small, quick etc) and how likely is he to make it into the first team?

I recall that Marlon Jackson had an impressive record at that level, but he now seems to have hit the buffers

Although I don't watch Academy football, I try to follow it. It always seems to me that we can match most teams up to about u-18s, but then something goes wrong between that point and the first team. Is that fair? If so, what goes wrong?

scott is reading this :)

Go on.....

Ive yet to watch the Academy this season but hoping too soon. He defo got an impressive amount of goals to his name already this season.

What type of striker is he? Has he stepped up from the age group below? I don't recall his name in last seasons U19's.

You obviously know him mate so let us all know what this kid is about?

Go on.....Ive yet to watch the Academy this season but hoping too soon. He defo got an impressive amount of goals to his name already this season.What type of striker is he? Has he stepped up from the age group below? I don\'t recall his name in last seasons U19\'s.You obviously know him mate so let us all know what this kid is about?

Not gunna lie, know his brother alot better.

Yeah Scott went right thru the academy.

Fast and Technically gifted. Wants the best for the team, always.

Never gives up. Die-hard player.

http://twitter.com/#!/ScottWilson93

Go on.....

Ive yet to watch the Academy this season but hoping too soon. He defo got an impressive amount of goals to his name already this season.

What type of striker is he? Has he stepped up from the age group below? I don't recall his name in last seasons U19's.

You obviously know him mate so let us all know what this kid is about?

I'm assuming he knows as he posted it on his twitter.

Not gunna lie, know his brother alot better.

Yeah Scott went right thru the academy.

Fast and Technically gifted. Wants the best for the team, always.

Never gives up. Die-hard player.

http://twitter.com/#!/ScottWilson93

Cheers for that, sounds promising.

Lets hope Wilson, Holloway, Bobby M and any other talented kid we got in the U19's get given a chance at some point next year.

These kids got to know (if their good enough obviously) that they WILL be given chance in the first team.

Weather Milly would be one to pick promising kids remains to be seen, but we must start bringing some through.

Lets hope Wilson, Holloway, Bobby M and any other talented kid we got in the U19's get given a chance at some point next year.

These kids got to know (if their good enough obviously) that they WILL be given chance in the first team.

Weather Milly would be one to pick promising kids remains to be seen, but we must start bringing some through.

I hope he does. He was the one that gave Ribeiro his big chance last year against Newcastle and I've heard Joe Edwards has done good for Bath so possibly a future appearance for him soon?

Exactly. Not as under GJ when we had eight games to go of the season meaning nothing and he still played the crap.

The story about why England constantly are being world champions except for four weeks every fourth year?

have I walked into an episode of 321?

you seem to be claiming there are better players in Sweden than we have over here who would play for a lot less money. If thats true why are clubs scouting them but not bringing them over?

and where were Sweden in the 2010 world cup?

Exactly. Not as under GJ when we had eight games to go of the season meaning nothing and he still played the crap.

thats was shocking although he was still labouring under the delusion that we could make the play offs. playing bola when yhe was definately off and not giving any young/fringe players a go hacked me right off.

have I walked into an episode of 321?

you seem to be claiming there are better players in Sweden than we have over here who would play for a lot less money. If thats true why are clubs scouting them but not bringing them over?

and where were Sweden in the 2010 world cup?

I'll bite til it crack! :w00t:

For Championship level at least that would be truth. I would say 25 percent of the players in Allsvenskan (our prem.) is better than the players in the Championship. And they are on 1/4 of the sallary. They would of course claim a fair sallary but the signing on fee would be lower than from a British club.

Sorry we missed out after qualifying twelv times on a trot with a population of 9 million. Having abandoned the "British school" and now going for younger and more gifted players I believe we will make a great comeback :)

I'll bite til it crack! :w00t:

For Championship level at least that would be truth. I would say 25 percent of the players in Allsvenskan (our prem.) is better than the players in the Championship. And they are on 1/4 of the sallary. They would of course claim a fair sallary but the signing on fee would be lower than from a British club.

Sorry we missed out after qualifying twelv times on a trot with a population of 9 million. Having abandoned the "British school" and now going for younger and more gifted players I believe we will make a great comeback :)

doesnt answer the question of why they get scouted but not brought over though does it?

12 times on the trot? Wow. How did you get on in France 98?

doesnt answer the question of why they get scouted but not brought over though does it?

12 times on the trot? Wow. How did you get on in France 98?

Other countries than England.

Would say that at least our 50 best players would make the Championship without a problem and a lot of them are young players.

Six on a trot then ;) The last time you beat us was in the early sixtees I believe.

Archived