IGNORED

Jamie O'hara?

BlowerBCFC

Yes. When they were in the Premier League

Proven prem player who wouldn't drop down the leagues, if he was to leave spurs it would be to a lower prem club

I was speaking to a Spurs fan at work on Friday, who seems to think it's possible he might go back to Pompey. If so, why not us? Again, when any decent names are mentioned on here they are laughed off. Why not see if there is a possibility? The worst that can happen is that he turns us down. Nothing ventured, nothing gained IMO.

I was speaking to a Spurs fan at work on Friday, who seems to think it's possible he might go back to Pompey. If so, why not us? Again, when any decent names are mentioned on here they are laughed off. Why not see if there is a possibility? The worst that can happen is that he turns us down. Nothing ventured, nothing gained IMO.

He'd go back because it's his former club and easy commute for his London family, who to a struggling championship club you dont know from adam

He'd go back because it's his former club and easy commute for his London family, who to a struggling championship club you dont know from adam

Yeah, so let's not bother trying to get players of that calibre. Some views on here are so defeatist. What if he is good friends with DJ from their time there? What if we can pay a couple of grand a week more than Pompey and Spurs deccide to let him only talk to us. Again, if we don't try ...

I refer to my previous post negative negative negative :disapointed2se:

Nothing to do with negative, more like unrealistic aims

Instead of going after players like him we need to be looking at players who would actually be interested in playing for our club.

I take it that you are talking about a loan deal as doubt we can afford to buy him. We seem to have a good link with Spurs at the moment.

We managed to get David James who just happens to be one of his former team mates so it's not like he won't know anyone here.

Obviously we got David James because of our location but could there be an off chance that Jamie O'hara wouldn't mind teaming up with David again.

Yeah, so let's not bother trying to get players of that calibre. Some views on here are so defeatist. What if he is good friends with DJ from their time there? What if we can pay a couple of grand a week more than Pompey and Spurs deccide to let him only talk to us. Again, if we don't try ...

It's not a defeatist attitude fella it's about knowing your club and it's limits.

Players like O'Hara, Darren Gibson, Hoolihan and Commons (that's all been suggested on here recently) we have no chance with.

We wouldn't even on their agents radar and i would amazed if we ourselves are even looking at these type players.

As per O'Hara possibly being mates with David James then that would make no difference what so ever - your clutching at straws their!

Busaky, Woolford, Howard, Tonge, Jordi Gomez, Smith (highly raeted lad at Southend) are more realistic target's for us.

Some people have no idea how this club works.

I think spurs have said they won't loan him to another prem team, presumably to try and force a sale. The problem is, even if he does move the the champ we're probably not 1st choice as everyone would be in for him. Having said that, with the spurs link and james at the club we wouldn't be last choice i'm sure

It's not a defeatist attitude fella it's about knowing your club and it's limits.

Players like O'Hara, Darren Gibson, Hoolihan and Commons (that's all been suggested on here recently) we have no chance with.

We wouldn't even on their agents radar and i would amazed if we ourselves are even looking at these type players.

As per O'Hara possibly being mates with David James then that would make no difference what so ever - your clutching at straws their!

Busaky, Woolford, Howard, Tonge, Jordi Gomez, Smith (highly raeted lad at Southend) are more realistic target's for us.

Some people have no idea how this club works.

With that sort of attitude, we would never have attracted James to this club (possibly, the same could be said about Rose and Caulker). The players you have listed are potentially more likely to want to join us, but would all command a reasonably big fee, whereas O'Hara would cost nothing upfront and we would only be likely to pay a percentage of his wages. I would argue that Buzsaky and Gomez would both request higher wages than we would be paying to take O'Hara on loan for the rest of the season. Saying that you think people have no idea how the club works, just because they think we can attract a higher calibre of player is extremely arrogant.

I think spurs have said they won't loan him to another prem team, presumably to try and force a sale. The problem is, even if he does move the the champ we're probably not 1st choice as everyone would be in for him. Having said that, with the spurs link and james at the club we wouldn't be last choice i'm sure

We want to loan him to a PL side......probably West Ham......could tie into a deal for S.Parker (who I wouldnt want) but that has been the link since the summer.

Archived