IGNORED

Orr V Keogh

riddlesdown red

Todays game QPR v Coventry saw these two in respective right back roles, thought Keogh had the edge, more attack minded. Use to read shed loads of comments about Orr's poor delivery. Have to admit it was very predictable often hit behind his target with his traditional right to left draw which was easy to defend and slowed down the momentum of their attacks. If they go up and they probably will would not expect to see him play to many prem games.

Made me smile hearing Keogh's name - he's done alright in the end hasn't he?

So many people were on here slagging him off for being too big for his boots when he didn't want to stay at City. he's now playing for a team higher than us in the league and doing well by the sound of things. As is Brad.

Yea Johnson should have done more to keep him.

Just one of the many who Johnson fell out with.

Most managers fall out with players at some point - Fergie booted out Beckham (literally), Stam etc. It has to be done to show them who's boss.

Ultimately GJ fell out with too many and quit when people 'stopped laughing at his jokes' by his own admission, but only a doormat manager who lets the players do what they like will never have a bust-up with any of them.

Keogh was a good player for City and most City fans rated him. However, Gary Johnson was absolutely right to show who was boss. It is only now a good few years on that Keogh has finally got to play for a team above City in the table. By the end of the season I think City will be above Coventry so Keogh better hold fire with any arrogant outbursts.

Keogh was a good player for City and most City fans rated him. However, Gary Johnson was absolutely right to show who was boss. It is only now a good few years on that Keogh has finally got to play for a team above City in the table. By the end of the season I think City will be above Coventry so Keogh better hold fire with any arrogant outbursts.

Coventry are my dark horses for promotion. You must be pretty optimistic if you think we will finish high or Coventry go on one hell of a bad run.

Makes you realise how much money we've wasted on signings without really improving things. Both players would walk into our current side.

I agree that currently they would both be preferable than current available FBs. But, do you think their input would have pushed us on or 'kept' us around mid-table?

Orr has already been dropped and once Chimbonda is fairly fit, he'll be dropped again. A great, committed defender, 100% committed, but nothing more than mid-champ level. Probably suited to a club which needs guts rather than class, anyone know of any?

I liked keogh but we were right to get rid of him as he would not sign a new contract, as a previous poster has said it's good to look back in hindsight but at the time the majority agreed with gj decision.

Would I have him back - yes, tomorrow if possible.

Interesting Badger. Probably integral to Covs interesting Badger. He is probably integral to covs plans now. I suspect he is a better player now than he was when he left us. GJ probably had good reason to ship him out at the time when he was struggling with first team selection anyway.

Well, in a nutshell, at the time GJ told him he was going to get limited first team opportunities so Rich left so he could "play" football. Was disappointed at some fans reaction at the time about him thinking he was better than he is. He just wanted to play football.

Well, in a nutshell, at the time GJ told him he was going to get limited first team opportunities so Rich left so he could "play" football. Was disappointed at some fans reaction at the time about him thinking he was better than he is. He just wanted to play football.

An example of GJ being willing to cut off his nose to spite his face then?

Was this a case of Keogh surgery ?? :whistle2:

Coventry are my dark horses for promotion. You must be pretty optimistic if you think we will finish high or Coventry go on one hell of a bad run.

I think we will be above Coventry when the season is over. Coventry are know in a bad run and they can go down in the table if they dont turn things right. But the mainthing for us is to avoid relegation so I dont care about Coventry. Just a though.

I was at the game yesterday and thought Bradley looked pretty good defensively, but as always he makes good runs forward, but unfortunately his distribution let him down again.

I was happy to see Keogh, and could stop myself quietly chanting his name when he got the ball, he again looked ok going forward, but not that agile, was interesting to see in the programme that he is Coventrys most fouled players this season

Thought Orr was very overrated. Looked good most of the time but also lacked concentration and was a significant reason for our leaky defence last season.

Have to wonder what the problem with Hunt is. Drugs? CBA since Coppell left?

Still think Ribs is the man and Carey/Skuse good cover.

Archived