IGNORED

Chris Morgan

Andy082005

A hard leader, now isnt that what half the forum has been crying out for :dunno: .

Hes a winner.

Exactly - Shaun Taylor mark 2

Short term deal wouldn't be a bad thing, although he's not a player I've got a lot of time for with his track record

Pretty certain we were linked with him during SC's time in charge? So maybe he's been on the radar for a while, new man in at the Blades - could all add up I guess

I think this may put an end to this rumour!! Utd captain Chris Morgan to miss rest of seasonTN2088_chris_morgan.jpg Chris Morgan(credit: Rich Jacques)Football News Staff - 3 Nov 2010Sheffield United captain Chris Morgan has been ruled out for the rest of the season with cruciate ligament damage.

Morgan, only recently back from a hamstring problem, was injured during the defeat to Coventry at the weekend, and scans have now confirmed the extent of the injury.

Blades manager Gary Speed told the club's official website: "It's a massive blow for both Chris and the club and realistically we won't see him in action again until pre-season training next July.

"The lads we have that can play in the central defender's role will miss his experience and spirit, but I'm sure they will do all in their power to make up for his absence."

Speed is now expected to step up is interest in Manchester United defender Ritchie De Laet who had a loan spell at Bramall Lane last month

Archived