IGNORED

Ok Redknapp - How Much For The Boy Caulker

:preacher:

How much would Spurs want for the boy Caulker do we think?

Issues:-

1) He's not for sale

2) He is an excellent prospect, and any club would want to keep him

3) We can't afford him.

I think we should at least ask ........

Caulker's got "full England international" written all over him. When was the last time we had a current full England international playing for us? The 1960s when John Atyeo was here?

Sad reality is even if we did have a bid accepted, I doubt he would join us.

.... which is why we should ask the question.

Steven will be 20 this year, and has not made a single appearance for Spurs. He could ask himself: what are the chances of him breaking into the first team squad with the list of centre-halfs ahead of him? Slim.

How much are Spurs paying him. Probabaly not as much as we might imagine.

Would he get a move to another PL club. Almost certainly not - he's totally unproven at that level.

Any willingness to move would be purely personal for such a player - how settled is he in London (born and bread cockney); what does he think of City / where will we finish in the league?

I think if City were further up the table, he would be tempted by the right offer.

Shame we are having such a shit season, ain't it?

Caulker will be Spurs first choice centre back soon, mark my words! they would be foolish to sale him and even if they do im sure another prem club will pick him up if they've got half a decent scouting network.

I doubt it very much, dont imagine he will be near first choice for another 2 years.......imo has got mancienne written all over him, very highly rated but due to pressures of premier league will not be risked at a big club until he has got more than enough experience........i think we have a real chance if he has enjoyed his stay here of getting another years loan out of him

....or he could be really shrewd, -if he thinks Bristol City (along with a new stadium) can fulfil its potential within the next three to four years of becoming a force in the Championship & making the Prem. Maybe he'd fancy being in at the beginning, polishing off any rough edges as a big fish in a small pond before progressing by becoming a legend for Bristol City & England.!!!

Could be our next John Atyeo!

Or he could go the conventional way hit the heights within an established Premier League club, play for England but still never being the really big fish anywhere (just another good Premier League & England player).

Come on City - sell him the dream!!!! :city: .

Caulker will be Spurs first choice centre back soon, mark my words! they would be foolish to sale him and even if they do im sure another prem club will pick him up if they've got half a decent scouting network.

Agree, he will be on loan at a Prem club next year imo, then season after i expect him to be pushing for a start with Spurs. Hope I'm wrong but just can't see us signing him.

If Caulker was a City player, first team regular and England u-21 international at 19, and Spurs came calling... we'd ask for at least £7-8m wouldn't we?

Redknapp won't sell and even if he would Caulker will get a Prem offer in London easily.

Much as I'd love to see it, no chance. Very outside chance we could loan him again next season but I doubt it.

If Caulker was a City player, first team regular and England u-21 international at 19, and Spurs came calling... we'd ask for at least £7-8m wouldn't we?

Redknapp won't sell and even if he would Caulker will get a Prem offer in London easily.

Much as I'd love to see it, no chance. Very outside chance we could loan him again next season but I doubt it.

Ah!

:no:

That is where you are wrong.

Someone like Steven, IN HIS FIRST SEASON (forget Yeovil), playing pretty well. We would ask something like £1m-£1.5m. That is Bristol City all over, is'nt it?

He ain't the finished article, and has bad games like most other mortal players - the general standard of BCFC defending of late does make him look even better!

There is not a similar player yet born who (with no league starts for his parent club) demands a fee of £7-8m. This is 'crazy talk'.

If you don't ask, you don't get.

If we were to ask about his availablity, we would get a swift response - either the lad is available at 'out sort of price' - or he is not.

HE IS THE RIGHT SORT OF PLAYER, AT THE RIGHT TIME, for BCFC.

Taxi for Rennie speaks the truth.

:yes:

Ah!

:no:

That is where you are wrong.

Someone like Steven, IN HIS FIRST SEASON (forget Yeovil), playing pretty well. We would ask something like £1m-£1.5m. That is Bristol City all over, is'nt it?

He ain't the finished article, and has bad games like most other mortal players - the general standard of BCFC defending of late does make him look even better!

There is not a similar player yet born who (with no league starts for his parent club) demands a fee of £7-8m. This is 'crazy talk'.

If you don't ask, you don't get.

If we were to ask about his availablity, we would get a swift response - either the lad is available at 'out sort of price' - or he is not.

HE IS THE RIGHT SORT OF PLAYER, AT THE RIGHT TIME, for BCFC.

Taxi for Rennie speaks the truth.

:yes:

If we, right now, had a player who was 19 and a first team regular in the Championship and an England u-21 international, we'd be asking for £7-8m no question about it.

Examples? Gareth Bale. Spurs paid £5m for him rising to £10m over time, he was 17 or 18 and had made 40 appearances for them at this level. It doesn't happen often that a player that young plays first team football at this level but when it does they are worth a fortune if they are sold.

Look also at Theo Walcott and Aaron Ramsey who commanded large fees in similar circumstances.

We don't have a record of selling great young players cheap - we have a record of never having great young players.

Whilst I applaud your optimism I think you're being extremely unrealistic. Harry would want a fortune for Caulker and rightly so, and Fulham, West Ham or someone like that would be a more likely destination.

If we, right now, had a player who was 19 and a first team regular in the Championship and an England u-21 international, we'd be asking for £7-8m no question about it.

Examples? Gareth Bale. Spurs paid £5m for him rising to £10m over time, he was 17 or 18 and had made 40 appearances for them at this level. It doesn't happen often that a player that young plays first team football at this level but when it does they are worth a fortune if they are sold.

Look also at Theo Walcott and Aaron Ramsey who commanded large fees in similar circumstances.

We don't have a record of selling great young players cheap - we have a record of never having great young players.

Whilst I applaud your optimism I think you're being extremely unrealistic. Harry would want a fortune for Caulker and rightly so, and Fulham, West Ham or someone like that would be a more likely destination.

Theo Walcott?

Is Caulker a similar player as Walcott?

Have I missed something?

I am not talking about a luxury player - I am talking about the player who has done more to keep BCFC out of the pooh this season than most. I would not be commending the club to pay millions for any sort of 'luxury' player in our current predicament.

Walcott was an absolute phonomenon when Arse-nal snapped him up - the fee was no surprize to anyone.

We won't ger Caulker, I agree - but my point is we should be asking. This is academic, as I am sure BCFC would have made an enquiry about SC, due to the form he has shown.

One way or another, we are going to need someone of his quality pretty damn soon - have you seen the state of our backline. Even when they are all fit, the back will need spending money on......

Anyone got any better ideas?

:closedeyes:

P.S. Nogbad - please don't mention Warnock on my threads - or I will get very VERY angry ............

:igiveup: :igiveup: :igiveup:

Even if we did have a bid accepted from Spurs. Another 5/6 prem clubs would no doubt make offers and he'd accept them. We'd be talking 5m.

Strong, pacy, English central defender whom has already shown good leadership skills, good on the floor and in the air and is a good threat up front....then again make it £7-8m

Dream land to even think he'll be here any longer than season other than in another extended loan

We will not be selling Caulker..........he is so highly rated at the club and 1 or 2 more seasons out on loan in the PL will do him just fine when King/Woody/Gallas all move on in the next or two. Perfect timing for Calker to come in and fight for a place.

He'll be our captain by the time he's 25.

Have Tottenham officially come out and said he's not for sale? I only ask because they purchased an SA international centre back in January and now they have:

Dawson

Kaboul

Gallas

Bassong

Khumalo

Added to that, King and Woodgate who are injured currently...

We havent but as I said above, highly rated by the staff. Bongani Khumalo who just came in is going to take some time to adapt, Woody/King/Gallas will all be out by the end of next season

So that'll leave us with Dawson, Kaboul (who is a better RB than CB IMO), Bassong (who is being linked to Liverpool and may well go in the summer but doubtful to leave), Khumalo, and Caulker at the start of the 2012/2013 season.......if all goes according to plan so I cant really see him leaving because he will get the chance to fight for a first team place.

Archived