IGNORED

Another Possible Target?

BCFC Jordan

I sit next to a huddersfield season ticket holder and he was on loan there last season. They thought he was great- definitely prem quality in terms of talent- but i seem to remember him being quite small, so may suffer from lj syndrome. Could be worth a shout

Please, no more players of this mould.

BCFC play at Ashton Gate, not 'The Shire' - why don't we play Frodo and Bill-bo-baggins in the middle of the park, eh, eh??

:disapointed2se:

No offence, but what the **** (within reason) has height got to do with it? It's exactly this mentality that holds us back at International level from the bottom up.

Xavi and Iniesta, Silva and others in that Spain side- they're not the tallest but they are very sound footballers. Obviously you need some height and muscle but the most important thing is being a skilful playmaker who can dictate play. The 3 examples I give are very skilful players but are 5 foot 7. As are Messi and Sneijder- best around today and arguably top player in last years CL respectively. What a bloody hangup we have in this country in general in a footballing context, really...It's all bollocks.

To put it another way- how many of those 5 top class players would have made it had they been born in Britain with prevailing attitudes like that? Johnson apart, all 3 of our central midfielders are about 6 foot and they are all hardly creative geniuses. Hartley our most creative central midfielder last season? 5 foot 8. The list is endless... Edit- how could I forget Paul Scholes!? 5 foot 6, yet one of the most creative if not the most creative midfielders of his generation!

Here is a fairly sensible article on it actually, IMO.

http://www.dailyreco...86908-22722704/

Archived