IGNORED

Anyone Worried

bcfcbryant

I've been worried since Millwall on day one when it was blatantly obvious we were a crap side.

We're SHIT and we know we are we're SHIT. Seems to be pretty much accepted in here now. We may stay up, but we could easily go down. For some reason, right now, I couldn't give a toss. I'm am officially bored of football. It's taken 37 years, but there it is.

disclaimer: it'll probably have worn off by the next game

No, im not particularly worried. Unlike most people on this forum, I am able to see the bigger picture rather than make a knee jerk reaction based on a couple of results.

You do realise that we are not 3 games into a new season right? And you have been watching us this season? You have noticed we are complete shit most of the time?

The bigger picture...

Perhaps having a half hearted ****t of a manager walk out on us 2 games into the season after wasting an entire pre season, and signing crap players has had something to do with it??

Or maybe having terrible luck with injuries???

Or forgetting the fact that Millen has steered us from the bottom of the table to having a relatively safe cushion away from the bottom 3??

Or the fact that whether we like it or not, we are a small club in this divison that are always going to have less pulling power and resources than most other clubs.

Im sure youll come up with sarcastic and smarmy answers to each of these points though. I feel im talking to a brick wall to be honest, because youre all a bunch of negative nobends that arent happy unless theres something to whinge and whine about.

The bigger picture...

Perhaps having our manager walk out on us 2 games into the season after wasting an entire pre season has had something to do with it??

Or maybe having terrible luck with injuries???

Or forgetting the fact that Millen has steered us from the bottom of the table to having a relatively safe cushion away from the bottom 3??

Or the fact that whether we like it or not, we are a small club in this divison that are always going to have less pulling power and resources than most other clubs.

I feel im talking to a brick wall though to be honest, because youre all a bunch of negative nobends that arent happy unless theres something to whinge and whine about.

Ah that old chestnut. I wonder if we'll still be blaming Coppell and injuries this time next year.

I suggest you check the table and the games played and the points and re-evaluate our "safe cushion"

Oh, and we're not a small club in this division, we are an average sized one

Your misguided optimism is admirable though. I can only assume you are young? Trust me the feeling wears off after 30 years of watching

this side looks to be in real trouble if we dont add to the side in the right positions. try to pick three teams worse than us because i am struggling to . with a rookie manager and a team that creates so little weve said it before with the best striker in the world we would fail to score. we would get as much entertainment watching teletext as being at the games

Ah that old chestnut. I wonder if we'll still be blaming Coppell and injuries this time next year.

I suggest you check the table and the games played and the points and re-evaluate our "safe cushion"

Your misguided optimism is admirable though. I can only assume you are young? Trust me the feeling wears off after 30 years of watching

Ah that old chestnut.

Ive been going longer than you so my opinion is more vaid. :D

I love this forum and its posters..

I'm starting to like you say several tricky games coming up and that's the home games let alone away games!

Currently we cannot score,pass, Create or look like a threat for more than 30 seconds!

Stead looks like he maybe out for a while we have just let Haynes leave as well as akinde that leaves us light up top with Maynard out, Clarkson not goo enough, pitman look like he may have picked up an Injury tonight possibly!

We need rose back as an outlet on the left if not a new signing if he's long term! A centre mid player to play next to marvin!

Whilst LJ had a poor few games recently our best runs are always with him and Elliott side by side I know he is not the answer but we will pick up more points with than without him especially at home! While we find our man!

I've been worried since Millwall on day one when it was blatantly obvious we were a crap side.

We're SHIT and we know we are we're SHIT. Seems to be pretty much accepted in here now. We may stay up, but we could easily go down. For some reason, right now, I couldn't give a toss. I'm am officially bored of football. It's taken 37 years, but there it is.

disclaimer: it'll probably have worn off by the next game

Could not put it better myself, just about had enough of City and football in general. Bring back the old days when football when fun to go to, unlike todays plastic shite.

You should know better then, if you've supported so long. Long enough like myself that getting rid of a manager now that knows the squads strenght's and weaknesses and how to put it right is madness. He did inherit a weak squad that he's tryin to sort out but it won't happen over night. Im worried as much as anyone but for someone to come in now and try to sort this mess out without knowing the squad is daft. Also just because you've supported the club a long time doesn't mean you know what your talking about because obviously you don't.

You should know better then, if you've supported so long. Long enough like myself that getting rid of a manager now that knows the squads strenght's and weaknesses and how to put it right is madness. He did inherit a weak squad that he's tryin to sort out but it won't happen over night. Im worried as much as anyone but for someone to come in now and try to sort this mess out without knowing the squad is daft. Also just because you've supported the club a long time doesn't mean you know what your talking about because obviously you don't.

Show me where I have EVER said Millen should be sacked?

Please don't put words into my posts. Read them properly or just STFU.

That is all

So what are you suggesting ?

Not a lot. I thought it was fairly clear in the post I replied to that you quoted assuming - wrongly - that I was asking for Millen to be sacked.

I don't think Millen is the right man, but sacking him now would be suicide, if not tactically then financially. I don't need to tell anyone on here that having to pay up his contract on top of our other debts, not to mention the new man would require funds would be crazy right now.

We have what we have. We can argue all day about mistakes that have been made or haven't, it wont change a thing.

Loads of talk on here about creative midfielders and great LB's. Ok, I agree we are particularly weak in midfield as regards supplying our front men, but I don't think panic buying - if that's what the management feel they are being forced into - is the answer. I am happy, although happy is the wrong word if taken out of context (you're good at that) to grit our collective teeth and ride out this season as we are. I think we have enough in the tank to survive, not least because I believe there are 3 or 4 teams even worse than us. We then have a long and tournamentless (is that a word?) summer to get rid of what is felt to be deadwood and bring in players that will enhance our skeletal, fragile first team. The bare bones of a good team are there, but there's no meat on those bones. Millen is here to stay providing we don't go down. Whether I or anyone else thinks he is the right man for the job is somewhat irrelevant. I would hope and expect him to be afforded the same level of commitment from the moneymen to build the squad he sees fit to take us to the next level.

None of us have the benefit of hindsight. Something to think about

anyone starting to get worried and thinking millen should get the boot??? we got some hard games coming up e.g Swansea, Leeds

Look, I was not a fan of Millen from the start. Never have to be honest. Decent bloke but was always a decision by SL that may very have been the only option at the time. That does not make it the right one. Fact is we are between a rock and a hard place. Doubt making another change now will be beneficial. But clearly SL has to decide whether to hang on and hope for the best and have the difficult task of removing the management team in the close season or do something now. I suspect, rightly, he will do the former.

Not a lot. I thought it was fairly clear in the post I replied to that you quoted assuming - wrongly - that I was asking for Millen to be sacked.

I don't think Millen is the right man, but sacking him now would be suicide, if not tactically then financially. I don't need to tell anyone on here that having to pay up his contract on top of our other debts, not to mention the new man would require funds would be crazy right now.

We have what we have. We can argue all day about mistakes that have been made or haven't, it wont change a thing.

Loads of talk on here about creative midfielders and great LB's. Ok, I agree we are particularly weak in midfield as regards supplying our front men, but I don't think panic buying - if that's what the management feel they are being forced into - is the answer. I am happy, although happy is the wrong word if taken out of context (you're good at that) to grit our collective teeth and ride out this season as we are. I think we have enough in the tank to survive, not least because I believe there are 3 or 4 teams even worse than us. We then have a long and tournamentless (is that a word?) summer to get rid of what is felt to be deadwood and bring in players that will enhance our skeletal, fragile first team. The bare bones of a good team are there, but there's no meat on those bones. Millen is here to stay providing we don't go down. Whether I or anyone else thinks he is the right man for the job is somewhat irrelevant. I would hope and expect him to be afforded the same level of commitment from the moneymen to build the squad he sees fit to take us to the next level.

Apologies for taking your posts out of context. For what it's worth i agree with your last post hole heartedly.

A couple of signing's i.e. the central midfielder and left back may be enough to get us away from trouble for this season, but to make us a consistent mid table club the squad needs a massive shake up. With Caulker and rose going at the end of the season the job seems even bigger.Good luck to keith he's going to need it.

Apologies for taking your posts out of context. For what it's worth i agree with your last post hole heartedly.

A couple of signing's i.e. the central midfielder and left back may be enough to get us away from trouble for this season, but to make us a consistent mid table club the squad needs a massive shake up. With Caulker and rose going at the end of the season the job seems even bigger.Good luck to keith he's going to need it.

No apology required on here. Being at each other's throats is par for the course ;)

Caulker will be a loss. For me the jury is still out on Rose. He seems a hot and cold-type player of which we already have a few of.

On the plus side it will free up further funds to enhance the squad. I don't envy Millen at all. If he doesn't get it right this summer the clamour for his removal will be too strong for the board to resist. The further problem I see with that is what appears to be an increasinlgy unsettled chairman. If anyone has missed them the hints have been there over the last 6 months or so. If he goes and isn't replaced then we are finished as regards our current lofty aspirations as an alss-ran Prem club.

I actually see a positive year assuming we avoid relegation. I have no doubt whatsoever the stadium will be built. If we can ship out 4 or 5 of our squad and replace them with players that are not neccessarily fantastic, but workmanlike and reliable then I think we can start looking forward to next season as one where we may be talking about the possibilities of some end of season excitement at the right half of the table this time. All speculation of course, but we still haven't nailed the hindsight issue

No apology required on here. Being at each other's throats is par for the course ;)

Caulker will be a loss. For me the jury is still out on Rose. He seems a hot and cold-type player of which we already have a few of.

On the plus side it will free up further funds to enhance the squad. I don't envy Millen at all. If he doesn't get it right this summer the clamour for his removal will be too strong for the board to resist. The further problem I see with that is what appears to be an increasinlgy unsettled chairman. If anyone has missed them the hints have been there over the last 6 months or so. If he goes and isn't replaced then we are finished as regards our current lofty aspirations as an alss-ran Prem club.

I actually see a positive year assuming we avoid relegation. I have no doubt whatsoever the stadium will be built. If we can ship out 4 or 5 of our squad and replace them with players that are not neccessarily fantastic, but workmanlike and reliable then I think we can start looking forward to next season as one where we may be talking about the possibilities of some end of season excitement at the right half of the table this time. All speculation of course, but we still haven't nailed the hindsight issue

One thing Rose brings is defensive cover that we've missed since his injury.

Lansdown has said in previous interviews he would never leave us in the mire, but i got the feeling he would be happy for someone else to take the reigns full time like he has in his business life.

Millen has stated recently that his and sl's vision on transfer targets is for young hungry players i.e Adohmah,Pitman,Maynard. Players with ambition to get to the top but also some investment for the future in terms of a sale on fee. I for 1 totally agree with this, but we have to have a decent amount of older heads along side them to bring them through to reach their potential.

Though some of the time I disagree with the manner of your posts, This is just about the best assessment of the current situation and therefore expectations I've seen in a while. I am a lot more positive about Millens ability to manage us than you, but fundamentally you sum up what any realistic City fan should feel about this season.

What does strike me as odd though is that you disregard the effect Coppell's reign (The Pre-season period is often regarded by managers as the most important period of the season) and the unbeleivable bad luck we've had with injuries to top players this season, Why is it that you feel these factors have not hindered Millens ability to get good results? People say "you have to manage what you've got" and "we've got a good squad that should be mid-table" but how are able to manage that good squad when the most influential players are on the treatment table so frequently?

Archived