IGNORED

Haynes Scores Twice!

B-Rizzle

So frustrated tonight to see Haynes has scored twice! Why oh why did we let him go before Maynard was back fit. Why oh why did we let him go ahead of clarkson.

I'm so angry we've done this. It doesn't seem a good footballing decision to me in the slightest!

I'm a Millen fan but this was a big call sir.

4 games without scoring and counting....

Have City rejected a bid for Clarkson??

no, not that im aware of.

Towards the end of 2010 i assumed that clarky would be the striker to move on in Jan as IMO he is quite clearly the weakest of the strikers we have/had. I know we got a bid for Haynes and that it was a 'good offer' but it can't have been that good. My understanding of good is that it was a decent offer for a player with only 6 months left on his contract.

But regardless of any of this surely your aim is to build and maintain as strong a squad as possible. Letting Haynes go now over clarky in the summer is a poor move imo and one which is especially risky with Maynard still out. All it takes is one injury (stead) and the only striker we have on the bench is Jackson who is an unproven young striker (who could come good of course).

My point is, this doesn't seem like a smart move to me and it has left me frustrated and bewildered.

Towards the end of 2010 i assumed that clarky would be the striker to move on in Jan as IMO he is quite clearly the weakest of the strikers we have/had. I know we got a bid for Haynes and that it was a 'good offer' but it can't have been that good. My understanding of good is that it was a decent offer for a player with only 6 months left on his contract.

But regardless of any of this surely your aim is to build and maintain as strong a squad as possible. Letting Haynes go now over clarky in the summer is a poor move imo and one which is especially risky with Maynard still out. All it takes is one injury (stead) and the only striker we have on the bench is Jackson who is an unproven young striker (who could come good of course).

My point is, this doesn't seem like a smart move to me and it has left me frustrated and bewildered.

If Clarkson is the weakest striker it's probably why he hasn't moved on. No-one wants him. Sorry, in a bad mood.

If Clarkson is the weakest striker it's probably why he hasn't moved on. No-one wants him. Sorry, in a bad mood.

exactly, but why the hell have we got a player that no one else wants. we're not that bad! we're an established team in the second tier of english football. There must be someone who wants him, surely?

I appreciate your shout mate but it's the beauty of hindsight surely? If Clarkson smashed in a Hatrick tonight and Haynes got sent off, the majority would be saluting a Millen masterstroke. Haynes or Clarkson aren't the answer to our prayers in my opinion, someone who can put there foot on the ball and dictate a game is what we need, cue all the comments regards cutting the squad first and that SL has wasted enough cash. It's gonna be an agonising struggle to the end of the season for us all.

I appreciate your shout mate but it's the beauty of hindsight surely? If Clarkson smashed in a Hatrick tonight and Haynes got sent off, the majority would be saluting a Millen masterstroke. Haynes or Clarkson aren't the answer to our prayers in my opinion, someone who can put there foot on the ball and dictate a game is what we need, cue all the comments regards cutting the squad first and that SL has wasted enough cash. It's gonna be an agonising struggle to the end of the season for us all.

I understand your point about the hat-rick and sending off and also that neither are ultimately the answer. However, as i already stated i have thought for a while that clarky should go. Previous posts of mine from the past few days have expressed my frustration at Haynes going and clarky satying and the palace game followed by tonights events have only further backed up my argument which is why i am so frustrated.

Haynes probably never would be the answer as in forst choice of everyones fot but he certainly offers us bags more than clarkson does.

Your right it's going to be an agonising end to the season. I've just looked at the fixture lists and no i know everything can change very quickly in football but i do think we alongside probably 7-10 other teams arenow in a relgation battle for the remainder of this season. I Just hope Milly can get the players to put a good run together again.

Archived