IGNORED

Sorry To Bring It Up Again

Pete1975Legend

Skuse wasn't great tonight but Johnson's not either. Who would I play next Tuesday? I've no idea tbh. Not JCR that's for sure. Such a frustrating player, he successfully managed to run around in circles tonight without achieving one single thing. He either lost the ball or completely slowed the move down. Adomah is on a bad run but at least he had a go at the full back and found space! We don't look remotely like scoring and it's very worrying. We have two tough home games coming up and it'll be interesting to see how we fare...

We've lost 4 with Johnson playing, as you have conveniently forgotten before. The other 2 being against what should have been easier opposition the mighty Southend and Sheffield Wednesday.

Then look back to last season when with daddy gone Millen bombed Johnson out and we lost one game out of 8.

Johnson will be gone this summer and will probably never play in the Championship again.

All right then, That's still 6 more defeats without LJ.

We win a higher proportion of games with LJ in the side... we need to win games... GO FIGURE.

I'd rather get battered once a month but win a couple of games then lose 1-0 and draw 0-0 with those two jokers in midfield. (first negative post of the season)

Fact remains we create absolutely **** all with Skuse and Marv together. Both good footballers, Both offering us good options, but neither offering any ability on the ball.

I back Millen, I like Millen, But I must agree with the overal point of the original poster (despite his obsession and clear prejudice) that Skuse offers nothing going forward at the moment and Millen is making a mistake in playing him and Marvin together. One or the other.

Or, we could play both with Johnson in between.

Two wingers (Adomah and Rose I hope) flanking a mobile striker- take your pick in that dept!

Or, we could play both with Johnson in between.

Two wingers (Adomah and Rose I hope) flanking a mobile striker- take your pick in that dept!

That would mean playing Pitman as a lone striker, a role he'd hardly prosper in. Besides we've not scored for 4 games, so dropping a striker for a midfielder is hardly going to go down well!

That would mean playing Pitman as a lone striker, a role he'd hardly prosper in. Besides we've not scored for 4 games, so dropping a striker for a midfielder is hardly going to go down well!

Some of the best sides in the world play or have played with a lone striker. Admittedly we are nowhere near their calibre! I think we could give it a go though, provided we pick the correct combinations in the centre, as far as the supporting wingers are concerned and of course the lone striker. Maybe Stead or if he is fit any time soon Maynard, could perform this role? No easy answers though.

As for the negative point, let me give you two sides:

Portugal Euro 2000, a very exciting side.

It had Figo, and Conceciao with Rui Costa in the centre supporting a lone striker. Negative? No way.

France Euro 2000:

Henry leading the line, with a fluid interchanging 3 behind him of Djorkaeff, Zidane and Dugarry!

If such a system would go down poorly here- a striker up top with either 2 wingers and one attacking, passing midfielder behind or 3 attacking midfielders switching play fluently- well I'd be lost for words.

All right then, That's still 6 more defeats without LJ.

We win a higher proportion of games with LJ in the side... we need to win games... GO FIGURE.

Johnson will be released in the summer so presumably according to you other Championship clubs will be queueing up to sign him.

We'll see.

Some of the best sides in the world play or have played with a lone striker. Admittedly we are nowhere near their calibre! I think we could give it a go though, provided we pick the correct combinations in the centre, as far as the supporting wingers are concerned and of course the lone striker. Maybe Stead or if he is fit any time soon Maynard, could perform this role? No easy answers though.

As for the negative point, let me give you two sides:

Portugal Euro 2000, a very exciting side.

It had Figo, and Conceciao with Rui Costa in the centre supporting a lone striker. Negative? No way.

France Euro 2000:

Henry leading the line, with a fluid interchanging 3 behind him of Djorkaeff, Zidane and Dugarry!

If such a system would go down poorly here- a striker up top with either 2 wingers and one attacking, passing midfielder behind or 3 attacking midfielders switching play fluently- well I'd be lost for words.

What does that have to do with anything? We are talking about the formation and players we would pick for the next game and the immediate effect this would have on the team. Our wide players are not playing well and we are struggling to score goals so dropping a striker for these 2 home gamesis not only going to sincerely piss a lot of fans off it is also a very risky move.

Your points on previous International sides are not relevant. Of course you can play fantastic and effective football with one striker but that is not the point I was making, nor is it the pressing matter at this moment in time.

Has got to be dropped from this team. The guy is so inadequate its unbelievable, if he wasnt a local golden boy he'd be out of here by now. 11 defeats when he has been in central midfield says it all. I know its not just him but he brings nothing at all to this team.

Were you actually at the game? or just getting your opinion from Radio Bristol?

Were you actually at the game? or just getting your opinion from Radio Bristol?

I've seen enough of this guy in the last three seasons to base my opinion that he is not good enough. How he won player of the year last year is beyond me when that should have been Maynards all the way!

But I guess Nicky isn't a local lad

I have I told him at Boro game and the palace game at xmas, but he chose to ignore me.

I only asked him why he thought he warranted being captain.

I got the silent treatment.

So you stood at the side of the pitch and asked him that question???????????????????????

Did you expect him to have a conversation with you????????????

How sad are you????????????????????

He did not ask to be captain, the management (who work with him every day) obviously see those qualities in him.

I think that Ivan Sproule is one of the worst players I have seen in 40 years at this club but I would never stand at the side of the pitch and berate him.

Sort your life out mate.

What on earth does that have to do with the fact that we're a better side1] when he plays than when he doesn't

1] Better side, meaning more points.

Youre looking at this season only but over the 4 years he's been here there isnt much difference. 1]

The contract his dad gave him runs out this summer then we will see how highly rated he is.

Irrespective of ability, would I want a player that I have seen making obscene gestures to City fans, more interested in arguing with City fans while a game we were losing was going on around him, and displays of petulance when subbed? No thanks.

1] Not much difference, meaning, not much difference.

Standards improve season on season and perhaps we have just not kept up. However, I don't buy into the increasing cry that we have an inadequate squad save for the obvious two positions. This squad is not only the same but it has been enhanced since last season. So either it has not been enhanced sufficiently or the gaffer is not doing a very good job. No doubt in my mind it a combination of both. I am still considering what the proportional split is. When it tips more than 60% toward the management then it's time to make a change. It tilted a little more that way when Haynes left; does it not strike anyone as odd that we get JCR from the Tykes and they get Haynes? If that's a squad balance in our favour then Millen is obviously a genius.

Youre looking at this season only but over the 4 years he's been here there isnt much difference. 1]

The contract his dad gave him runs out this summer then we will see how highly rated he is.

Irrespective of ability, would I want a player that I have seen making obscene gestures to City fans, more interested in arguing with City fans while a game we were losing was going on around him, and displays of petulance when subbed? No thanks.

With all due respect Nick, I've heard things said about Lee Johnson within earshot of him that deserved more than an "obscene gesture"

You're one of the most articulate and intelligent poster's on OTIB, yet you continue with this "vendetta" or whatever other fancy word you want to use for it.

The fact you refuse to see that we play better football and score more goals with LJ in the side tells me you're about as objective on this subject as Pete is about Skuse...

Simple facts are;

1. We have a distinct lack of players who can pass a football
  2. Lee Johnson, despite his many flaws can pass the ball.

I don't disagree with you that Lee probably won't stay, Hopefully we'll be signing something better and more consistant, But until that happens Lee Johnson should be starting regularly or we will be relegated.

Statistically I'd have to agree that there is not much difference. In the 3 and a half seasons in the Championship he has played 122 and we have picked up 184 points at an average of 1.51 per game and he has missed 44 in which we have picked up 46 points and an average of 1.05 per game.

So typically over a season we'd pick up 69 points and miss out on the play-offs by a point or so with him in and without him we'd pick up 48 points and avoid relegation some seasons. But neither really matters, mid table is mid table.

Statistically I'd have to agree that there is not much difference. In the 3 and a half seasons in the Championship he has played 122 and we have picked up 184 points at an average of 1.51 per game and he has missed 44 in which we have picked up 46 points and an average of 1.05 per game.

So typically over a season we'd pick up 69 points and miss out on the play-offs by a point or so with him in and without him we'd pick up 48 points and avoid relegation some seasons. But neither really matters, mid table is mid table.

Good stat !

In fact this season it's even more stark.

Without him we've picked up 13 pts from 17 games, average 0.76, with him it's 19 pts from 11 games at an average of 1.73.

Obviously it's highly doubtful that if he played constantly our average pts per game would be 1.73 as we'd be up in the top four and even LJ doesn't have that much influence but it does tell me that we're better off with him in the starting lineup.

I have I told him at Boro game and the palace game at xmas, but he chose to ignore me.

I only asked him why he thought he warranted being captain.

I got the silent treatment.

Unintentional comedy at its best. Priceless :rofl2br:

This needs a wider audience i'm afraid, you're going to be famous :winner_third_h4h:

How to win an argument parts 1 and 2:

Good stat !

In fact this season it's even more stark.

Without him we've picked up 13 pts from 17 games, average 0.76, with him it's 19 pts from 11 games at an average of 1.73.

Obviously it's highly doubtful that if he played constantly our average pts per game would be 1.73 as we'd be up in the top four and even LJ doesn't have that much influence but it does tell me that we're better off with him in the starting lineup.

What does that have to do with anything? We are talking about the formation and players we would pick for the next game and the immediate effect this would have on the team. Our wide players are not playing well and we are struggling to score goals so dropping a striker for these 2 home gamesis not only going to sincerely piss a lot of fans off it is also a very risky move.

Your points on previous International sides are not relevant. Of course you can play fantastic and effective football with one striker but that is not the point I was making, nor is it the pressing matter at this moment in time.

Fair enough I missed the point- still think one up front, maybe in a 4-2-3-1 formation with a striker in the central role could be the way to go, provided he drops back. As I said on another thread, the team who controls the midfield mostly controls the game. Odds are with 2 in the centre we could get outnumbered and hence lose control of the midfield, to make up for this one more body in there for extra security could help. Perhaps a poor and irrelevant example on my part but we do need a bit more control in there IMO. Then again, you take a striker out and you may have less chance of goals. Like I said, no easy answers...

So did you tell him to his face that he's "shit", or did you only say 'the captain' question?

of course he didn't ask him to his face....... all talk. Sorry how can you comment on last nights game if you didn't even see it let alone listen to it.

Skuse could have been man of the match but because he saw we lost its obviously all his fault.

Idiot

Fair enough I missed the point- still think one up front, maybe in a 4-2-3-1 formation with a striker in the central role could be the way to go, provided he drops back. As I said on another thread, the team who controls the midfield mostly controls the game. Odds are with 2 in the centre we could get outnumbered and hence lose control of the midfield, to make up for this one more body in there for extra security could help. Perhaps a poor and irrelevant example on my part but we do need a bit more control in there IMO. Then again, you take a striker out and you may have less chance of goals. Like I said, no easy answers...

We undoubtedly need more control, but we don't really possess the quality unfortunately. I mean having a 3 man midfield (presumably Elliot, Skuse and Johnson?) will provide our lone striker (presumably Pitman?) with very little, which in part makes him ineffective. I think we must play 2 up top, even if one of them has to be Clarkson. Personally I'd play Adomah with Pitman next Tuesday and have Ivan on the right, but it really is a dilemma, for all the wrong reasons!

Thank you for looking up the stats that I simply could not be arsed to look for!

Funny that Nick's replies have dried up though right?

Archived