IGNORED

Vital Next 6 Days

GrahamC

I'm not hugely disheartened by tonight's result, a 1-0 defeat against a side unbeaten in over 30 home games is no disgrace and going into the match with only one Championship standard striker available to us certainly didn't make it any easier.

However we don't play again until after the transfer window closes now and although we appear to have sorted out our defensive frailties we badly need to add some goal scoring and goal creating ability to the squad by the time we face Swansea next Tuesday.

We have 4 central midfielders to choose from but none of them has any sort of scoring record to speak of and Albert is being doubled marked and badly in need of a rest after playing every single game.

Since the transfer window opened Vokes has gone back to Wolves, Tom Williams and Danny Haynes have left for good and Akinde and Henderson have gone out on loan.

Two new players are therefore a must by next Tuesday, whether loans or permanent moves..........

I'm not hugely disheartened by tonight's result, a 1-0 defeat against a side unbeaten in over 30 home games is no disgrace and going into the match with only one Championship standard striker available to us certainly didn't make it any easier.

However we don't play again until after the transfer window closes now and although we appear to have sorted out our defensive frailties we badly need to add some goal scoring and goal creating ability to the squad by the time we face Swansea next Tuesday.

We have 4 central midfielders to choose from but none of them has any sort of scoring record to speak of and Albert is being doubled marked and badly in need of a rest after playing every single game.

Since the transfer window opened Vokes has gone back to Wolves, Tom Williams and Danny Haynes have left for good and Akinde and Henderson have gone out on loan.

Two new players are therefore a must by next Tuesday, whether loans or permanent moves..........

Spot on that.

SL got to realise now that the budget needs to be increased slightly to bring in that extra quality that's needed. Easy to say when it's not your own money but if he don't we will struggle. Let's give ourselves a fighting chance, take a gamble pay over the odds in this window. We've left it so late will have too now anyway.

Im sure we are not the only club who gets quoted 'ridiclous' fees and like someone else said plenty of other clubs in this division are bringing in fresh blood.

Feel for Millen trying to work with other managers mistakes and League 1 rabble. Depleted squad due to injuries, no promising Academy kids to call upon, no 20 goal star striker. He's making the best of what he got.

Its in the chairman's hands now for me.

This is millen, we will not be able to sign anyone. :disapointed2se: and we all know this squad isnt good enough.

If we dnt get anyone in its going to turn into a bleak bleak season, far worse than it is now.

Tonight's result was entirely predictable, especially given the absence of several 1st choice players. It was possibly the hardest game of the season - They look likely to grab 2nd place and have an outstanding home record.

SL has clearly decided that he isn't going to continue to fund the manager's whims without any regard to the functioning of the club as a business. If we are to progress, we will do it with the manager having a sense of the value of a signing. This is no bad thing, as it is focusing Millen's mind to what he believes he needs long term. That's why we sold Haynes. We can get cash now, get him off our wage bill and be in the position in the summer where we have created enough space in the squad to go and buy the wide player(s) he wants. Thinking longer term means we are far more likely to get the right players in the summer.

However, it is a calculated gamble. He knows that we are unlikely to get offers for the likes of Sproule and Clarkson, so is gambling on using them for the rest of the season as squad players. Certain people need to avoid injuries.

maybe in the long run the recent poor results will help.

A couple of draws and a sneaky win against Palace might of papered over the cracks and made Millen happier to go with what he's got.

At least his post match talk was about bringing in new faces so maybe the results have spurred him to sign a couple of players where maybe previosuly he was thinking he might wait untill the end of the season.

It's a vital next three months. If anyone here was left in any doubt, then it's quite clear now that we are going to be in the bottom few all season. Personally I think we have enough to avoid relegation. Well, what I actually think is there are three other teams worse than the shambolic effort we support.

Oh, I assume this has been said before, but getting an attacking/creative midfielder and a LB isn't going to transform us into promotion contenders next season. In my opinion we are a long, long way from being anything other than also rans at best

maybe in the long run the recent poor results will help.

A couple of draws and a sneaky win against Palace might of papered over the cracks and made Millen happier to go with what he's got.

At least his post match talk was about bringing in new faces so maybe the results have spurred him to sign a couple of players where maybe previosuly he was thinking he might wait untill the end of the season.

He also said we should have got something from the game!, I can only assume he was talking about keeping a clean sheet for a 0-0.

Archived